- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of the Guidelines for Supervision and Inspection of Earthworks Quantity Using 3D Scanning Technology
3D 스캐닝 기술을 이용한 토공사 기성관리 감독 및 검사 가이드라인 개발
- Lee, Young-ho (Korean Peninsula Infrastructure Special Committee, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Yun, Won Gun (Construction Policy Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Park, Jae-woo (Construction Policy Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2020.07.05
- Accepted : 2020.08.07
- Published : 2020.10.31
Recently, in Korea, various technology developments have been made to utilize 3D space and facility data such as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and laser scanners with the goal of improving productivity at construction sites. However, the lack of related regulations for 3D laser scanner surveying has been a barrier to using the technology across the surveying industry. As a result, owners, contractors, and construction supervisors are reluctant to introduce and apply technology to the site. In this study, the guidelines (drafting and inspection work to be supervised by construction supervisors when constructing earthworks using laser scanners) was developed and presented so that the earth surveying and quantity calculation technology using a laser scanner could be applied and diffused in a construction site. Through the development of this guideline (proposal), it is judged that the supervision and inspection of earthworks quantity using a laser scanner will be activated in the field.
- MOLIT, "Smart Construction Technology Roadmap for Innovation in Construction Productivity and Strengthening Safety", (2018).
- J. K. Park, K. W. Lee, "Analysis of the Status of Mine and Methods of Mine Geospatial Information Construction Technology for Systematic Mine Management", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 355-361, (2018). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.9.355
- D. H. Lee, J. W. Park, "System Improvement for Application and Diffusion of Earthwork Surveying Automation Technology", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 18 No. 6, pp. 303-313, (2018). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2018.18.06.303
- J. K. Park, K. Y. Jung, "Application of Laser Scanner for Mine Management and Mining Plan", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 693-700, (2017). https://doi.org/10.35873/AJMAHS.2017.7.6.064
- S. W. Kwon, "Object Recognition and Modeling Technology Using Laser Scanning and BIM for Construction Industry", Special Issue, Architectural Institute of Korea, (2009).
- J. C. Du and H. C. Teng, "3D laser scanning and GPS technology for landslide earthwork volume estimation," Automation in Construction, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 657-663, (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2006.11.002
- K. T. Slattery, D. K. Slattery, and J. Peterson "Road Construction Earthwork Volume Calculation Using Three-Dimensional Laser Scanning," Journal of Surveying Engineering, Vol.138, No.2, pp. 96-99, (2012). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943-5428.0000073
- Y. M. Hashash, J. N. Oliveira Filho, Y. Y. Su, and L. Y. Liu, "3D laser scanning for tracking supported excavation construction," Geo-Frontiers 2005, pp. 24-26, (2005).
- Y. M. Hashash and R. J. Finno, "Development of new integrated tools for predicting, monitoring, and controlling ground movements due to excavations," Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 4-10, (2008). https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0680(2008)13:1(4)
- A. Prokop and H. Panholzer, "Assessing the capability of terrestrial laser scanning for monitoring slow moving landslides," Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 1921-1928, (2009). https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-9-1921-2009
- M. Pejic, "Design and optimisation of laser scanning for tunnels geometry inspection," Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol.37, pp. 199-206, (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2013.04.004
- J. J. Park, J. C. Shin, J. H. Hwang, K. H. Lee, H. J. Seo, I. M. Lee, "Assessment of over/under-break of tunnel utilizing BIM and 3D laser scanner", J. of Korean Tunn Undergr Sp.Assoc., Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 437-451, (2012). https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.4.437
- T. Nuttens, A. Wulf, B. Wit, L. Carlier, M. Ryck, and H. Baker, "High resolution terrestrial laser scanning for tunnel deformation measurements," FIG Congress, (2010).
- S. H. Kim, Y. H. Jo, K. J. We, I. T. Yang, "THE Study on Application of Reconnaissance Surveying by using Terrestrial LiDAR Survey", Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry, and Cartography, pp. 35-38, (2011).
- S. Kim, J. W. Park, "Analysis of Accuracy and Productivity of Terrestrial Laser Scanner for Earthwor", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15 No. 10, pp. 587-596, (2015). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.10.587
- MOLIT, Guidelines for Supervisor of Construction Projects, (2014).
- H. K. Lee, K. Y. Jung, "Applicability Evaluation of Earth Volume Calculation using Unmanned Aerial Images", Asia-pacifc Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanites and Sociology, Vol. 5. No. 5, pp. 497-504, (2015).
- J. W. Park, S. Kim, "MMS Accuracy Analysis for Earthwork Site Application", Journal of the Korean Society of Industry Convergence, Vol. 22. No. 2, pp. 183-189, (2019). https://doi.org/10.21289/KSIC.2019.22.2.183
- J. W. Park, W. G. Yun, S. S. Kim, H. H. Song, "A Study on 3D Geospatial Information Model based Influence Factor Management Application in Earthwork Plan", Journal of the Korean Society of Industry Convergence, Vol. 22. No. 2, pp. 125-135, (2019). https://doi.org/10.21289/KSIC.2019.22.2.125
- MOLIT NGII, Regulations for Work in Public Survey, (2019).
- MOLIT NGII, Regula tions for Work in General Survey, (2019).
- Province of Gyeongsangbuk-do, Road Construction Survey Standards, (2018).
- J. W. Park, S. Kim, "Case Study Research in Earthwork Site Digitization for Smart Construction", Journal of the Korean Society of Industry Convergence, Vol. 22. No. 5, pp. 529-536, (2019). https://doi.org/10.21289/KSIC.2019.22.5.529