- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance comparison of machine learning classification methods for decision of disc cutter replacement of shield TBM
쉴드 TBM 디스크 커터 교체 유무 판단을 위한 머신러닝 분류기법 성능 비교
- Kim, Yunhee (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Dongguk University) ;
- Hong, Jiyeon (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Dongguk University) ;
- Kim, Bumjoo (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2020.08.04
- Accepted : 2020.08.21
- Published : 2020.09.30
In recent years, Shield TBM construction has been continuously increasing in domestic tunnels. The main excavation tool in the shield TBM construction is a disc cutter which naturally wears during the excavation process and significantly degrades the excavation efficiency. Therefore, it is important to know the appropriate time of the disc cutter replacement. In this study, it is proposed a predictive model that can determine yes/no of disc cutter replacement using machine learning algorithm. To do this, the shield TBM machine data which is highly correlated to the disc cutter wears and the disc cutter replacement from the shield TBM field which is already constructed are used as the input data in the model. Also, the algorithms used in the study were the support vector machine, k-nearest neighbor algorithm, and decision tree algorithm are all classification methods used in machine learning. In order to construct an optimal predictive model and to evaluate the performance of the model, the classification performance evaluation index was compared and analyzed.
- Abu Alfeilat, H.A., Hassanat, A.B.A., Lasassmeh, O., Tarawneh, A.S., Alhasanat, M.B., Eyal Salman, H.S., Surya Prasath, V.B. (2019), "Effects of distance measure choice on K-nearest neighbor classifier performance: a review", Big Data, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 221-248. https://doi.org/10.1089/big.2018.0175
- Breiman, L., Friedman, J.H., Olshen, R.A., Stone, C.J. (1984), "Classification and regression tress", Chanpman & Hal, Wadsworth, Inc, New York.
- Bruland, A. (2000), Hard rock tunnel boring: background and discussion, Ph.D. Thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, pp. 14-31.
- Burges, C.J.C. (1998), "A tutorial on support vector machines for pattern recognition", Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 121-167. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009715923555
- Chang, S.H., Choi, S.W., Lee, G.P., Bae, G.J. (2011), "Statistical analysis of NTNU test results to predict rock TBM performance", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 243-260. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2011.13.3.243
- Gehring, K. (1995), "Prognosis of advance rates and wear for underground mechanized excavation", Felsbau, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 439-448.
- Kim, D.Y., Farrokh, E., Jung, J.H., Lee, J.W., Lee, S.H. (2017), "Development of a new test method for the prediction of TBM disc cutters life", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 475-488. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.3.475
- La, Y.S., Kim, M.I., Kim, B. (2019a), "Development of penetration rate prediction model using shield TBM excavation data", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 519-534. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2019.21.4.519
- La, Y.S., Kim, M.I., Kim, B. (2019b), "Prediction of replacement period of shield TBM disc cutter using SVM", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 641-656. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2019.21.5.641
- Rostami, J., Ozdemir, L. (1993), "A new model for performance prediction of hard rock TBMs", Proceedings of the Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference, Boston, pp. 793-809.
- Vapnik, V.N. (1995), The nature of statistical learning theory, Springer, New York, pp. 119-166.
- Yu, S.H. (2007), A study on rock cutting behavior by TBM disc cutter, Master's Thesis, Seoul University, pp. 21-74.