- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of field applicability for grouting method using self-healing grout material
자기치유 물질을 이용한 그라우팅공법의 현장적용성 평가
- Choi, Yong-Sung (SSC Industry Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Byoung-Il (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Yoo, Wan-Kyu (Future Infrastructure Research Center, Dept. of Infrastructure Safety Research, KICT) ;
- Lee, Jae-Dug (SSC Industry Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Yong-Ki (Daewon Soil Co., Ltd.)
- 최용성 (SSC산업(주)) ;
- 김병일 (명지대학교 토목환경공학과) ;
- 유완규 (한국건설기술연구원 인프라안전연구본부 차세대 인프라연구센터) ;
- 이재덕 (SSC산업(주)) ;
- 최용기 (대원토질 주식회사)
- Received : 2018.10.17
- Accepted : 2020.09.02
- Published : 2020.09.30
Due to various advantages such as small facilities, ease of construction and so on, the grouting technology which is widely used in construction field has developed remarkably compared with the past. However, the efforts to improve the homogeneity of quality, long-term durability and environmental problems have been continued. In recent years, new grouting method has been developed in order to solve problems such as low strength, durability and leaching phenomenon of liquid glass (sodium silicate) grouting material in Korea. A newly developed method integrates the injection material with the ground by the self-healing material of crystallization growth type. For this reason, it is known that improvement of the durability and water quality of the ground, prevention of leaching, and environment friendliness can be expected. The present study applied a newly developed method to test sites and verified its effect such as injection range, improvement effect, waterproofing performance and so on. Standard penetration test, field permeability test, borehole shear test, pressuremeter test and pH test were conducted, and the results were compared between before and after developed method application. As results of tests, the field applicability and improvement effect of developed method were proved to be excellent.
- Ahn, T.H., Kishi, T. (2010), "Crack self-healing behavior of cementitious composites incorporating various mineral admixture", Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 171-186. https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.8.171
- Bang, K.M., Chun, H.P., Chon, H.T. (2006), "Environmental assessment of heavy metal leaching potentials from grouting", Journal of the Korean Society of Mineral and Energy Resources Engineers, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 151-159.
- Bidasaria, M. (2004), "Grouting technology for rehabilitation of tillar earthen dam", Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering, 31, New York, pp. 1-7.
- Blaiszik, B.J., Kramer, S.L.B., Olugebefola, S.C., Moore, J.S., Sottos, N.R., White, S.R. (2010), "Selfhealing polymers and composites", Annual Review of Materials Research, Vol. 40, pp. 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-matsci-070909-104532
- Cambefort, H. (1967), Injection des sols, Eyrolles, Paris.
- Choi, Y.S., Kim, B.I., Moon, I.J., Heo, J. (2016), "Evaluation on uniaxial compression strength of SSG method with curing condition", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 15-20. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.15
- Chun, B.S., Kim, J.C. (1998a), "The evaluation of toxic effect of grouting materials by fish poison test", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 3-4, pp. 531-538.
- Chun, B.S., Kim, J.C. (1998b), "A study on the utilization of coal fired fly-ash as microfine grouting materials", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 113-125.
- Clarke, W.J. (1984), Performance characteristics of microfine cement, Preprint 84-023, ASCE Geotechnical Conference, Atlanta, pp. 1-14.
- Ghosh, S.K. (2008), Self-healing materials: fundamentals, design strategies, and applications, Wiley, New Jersey, pp. 306.
- Glossop, R. (1960), The invention and development of injection processes part I: 1802-1850, Geotechnique, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 91-100. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1918.104.22.168
- Houlsby, A.C. (1976), "Routine Interpretation of the Lugeon water-test", Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 303-313. https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1976.009.04.03
- IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer) (1990), IARC monograph on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans, Vol. 49 Chromium, Nickel and Welding, pp. 49-214.
- Jung, M.H., Kim, Y.S., Jung, C.H., Lee, S. (2010), "Application of earth natural grouting using micro cement and inorganic material", Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 109-116. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2010.14.1.109
- Karol, R.H. (1982), "Chemical grouts and their properties", Proceedings of the Conference on Grouting in Geotechnical Engineering (ASCE), New Orleans, pp. 359-377.
- Karol, R.H. (1985), "Grout penetrability", Proceedings of the Issues in Dam Grouting (A Session of ASCE Convention), Denver, pp. 27-33.
- Karol, R.H. (2003), Chemical grouting and soil stabilization, Revised and expanded (3rd ed.), CRC Press, New York, pp. 584.
- Kim, B.I., Cho, S.M., Kim, J.H., Kim, S.R. (2015a), Soft ground improvement methods, CIR, Seoul, pp. 363-366.
- Kim, D.H., Park, K.H., Kim, M.S., Kim, S.H. (2015b), "A study on the effectiveness of injection in environmentally-friendly bio-grouting with soil conditions", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 4276-4283. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4276
- Kim, H.M., Jang, K.J. (2011), "Evaluation of field application for the mix properties of the thixotropic grout", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 4223-4238. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.9.4223
- Kim, H.M., Jang, K.J., Hur, W., Hur, H.S. (2010), "A study of practical for eco-grouting materials", Proceedings of the KGS Fall National Conference, Gyeonggi, pp. 1253-1257.
- Kim, J.C., Chun, B.S. (1997), Development and practice of the inorganic ultra fine cement and silica sol in Korea : Final report, R&D/95-0084, The Ministry of Construction & Traffic, Gyonggi, pp. 390.
- Kishi, T., Ahn, T.H., Hosoda, A., Suzuki, S., Takaoka, H. (2007), "Self-healing behaviour by cementitious recrystallization of cracked concrete incorporating expansive agent", Proceedings of the First International Conference on Self -Healing Materials, Noordwijk aan Zee, pp. 1-10.
- Kogure, K. (2000), Soil contamination and remediation system, Gohodoshuppan, Tyoko, pp. 248.
- Lee, J.H., Kim, Y.R., Kim, G.Y., Yoon, S.J., Mun, K.J. (2016), "Properties of liquid chemical grouting material for soil grouting using non-cement binder", Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 45-52. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2016.16.1.045
- Legendre, Y., Hery, Ph., Vattement, H. (1987), "Microsol grouting, a method for grouting fine alluvium", Proceedings of the 6th International Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering Symposium, Houston, ASME, Vol. I, pp. 433-440.
- Lim, C.H. (2016), "Evaluation of field applicability for biogrout to Odu lake in Naju and Saja (lion) lake in Youngam", Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 227-233.
- Moon, I.J., Kim, B.I., Heo, J., Choi, Y.S., Choi, Y.K. (2016), "Engineering properties of self-healing smart grouting method", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 29-37. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2016.32.3.29
- Park, W.C., Mun, K.J., Jung, J.J., Soh, Y.S. (2004), "Evaluation on the physical properties of ultra fine cement for grouting materials", Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute Conference, Vol. 16, No. 2, Suwon, pp. 303-306.
- Santhosh Kumar, T.G. (2010), A study on the engineering behaviour of grouted loose sandy soils, Ph.D. Dissertation, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, pp. 206-207.
- Shimoda, M., Ohmori, H. (1982), "Ultra fine grouting material", Proceedings of the Conference on Grouting in Geotechnical Engineering (CGGE), Vol. I., New Orleans, pp. 77-91.
- Skipp, B.O., Renner, L. (1963), "The improvement of the mechanical properties of sands", Proceedings of the Symposium on Grouts and Drilling Muds in Engineering Practice, Butterworths, pp. 29-35.
- Terzaghi, K., Peck, R.B. (1967), Soil mechanics in engineering practice, John Wiley, NewYork, pp. 729.
- Warner, J. (2004), Practical handbook of grouting: soil, rock, and structures (1st ed.), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, pp. 720.