- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The gratitude disposition of geriatric hospital employees Impact on job satisfaction and life satisfaction and the moderating effect of the gratitude diary experience
노인요양병원 근무자의 감사성향이 직무만족 및 삶의 만족에 미치는 영향과 감사일기 경험의 조절효과
- Park, Soon-myeong (Human Resource Development Institute, Korea Expressway Corporation) ;
- Kim, Ja-Ok (Department of Nursing, Wonkwang Health Science University) ;
- Kim, Ja-Sook (College of Nursing, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2020.08.11
- Accepted : 2020.09.20
- Published : 2020.09.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of gratitude disposition of geriatric hospital employees on job satisfaction and life satisfaction, and the moderating effect of the gratitude diary experience. A total of 485 copies of the research questionnaire were selected for workers in four geriatric hospitals who are promoting campaigns related to the gratitude diary. For data processing, a simple or hierarchical regression analysis was performed using SPSS 26.0. As a result of the study, The gratitude disposition had a statistically significant effect on job satisfaction and life satisfaction. However, the effect of gratitude disposition on job satisfaction and life satisfaction and the moderating effect of the audit diary experience were not statistically significant. The purpose of this study is to develop programs for job satisfaction and life satisfaction of geriatric hospital employees and provide basic data on manpower management of geriatric hospital.
- Korean Statistical Information Service. Retrieved May 06, 2020, from http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=354&tblId=DT_HIRA43&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list_id=354_MT_DTITLE&seqNo=&lang_mode=ko&language=kor&obj_var_id=&itm_id=&conn_path=E1. 2020.
- M. S. Song. (2013). The relationships between the empowerment, nursing performance, job satisfaction and turnover intention of long-term care hospital nurses. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(5), 2304-2314.
- S. G. Lim & H. B. Lee. (2019). A Study on the Current Status and Improvement of out-of-pocket maximum on health care utilizations in Nursing Hospital Patients. The Korea Social Security Association, 35(1), 129-149.
- Emmons, R. A. & Crumpler, C. A. (2000). Gratitude as human strength: Apprasing the evidence. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 19, 56-69.
- Weiner, B. (1985). An attributional theory of achievement motivation and emotion. Psychological Review, 92, 548-573.
- McCullough, M. E., Emmons, R. A. & Tsang, J. A. (2002). The grateful disposition : Aconceptual and empirical topography. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 82(1), 112-127.
- K. H. Lim. (2010). Development and validation of gratitude disposition scale. The Korea Journal of Counseling, 11(1), 1-17.
- T. S. Eom, B. S. Choi & Y. S. Seung. (2013). The effects of gratitude on organizational commitment and job satisfaction: The mediating role of gratitude disposition. Korean Academy of Leadership, 4(2), 3-25.
- T. S. Eom & W. S. Kang. (2015). The influence of gratitude campaign on the individual happiness and group cohesiveness: focusing on mediating effects of grateful disposition. Oughtopia, 30(2), 315-342.
- Emmons, R. A. & McCullough, M. E. (2003). Counting blessings versus burdens : an experimental investigation of gratitude and subjective well-being in daily life. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84(2), 377-389.
- Porter, L. W. & Steers, R. M. (1973). Organizational, work and personal factors in employee turnover and absenteeism, Psychological Bulletin, 80(2), 152-176.
- Stewart, W. E., Ricci, J. A., Chee, E., Hahn, S. R. & Morganstein, D. (2003). Cost of lost productive work time among US workers with depression. Journal of the American Medical Association , 289(31), 35-44.
- Neugarten, B. L., Havighurst, R. J. & Tobin, S. S. (1961). The Measurement of Life Satisfaction. Journal of Gerontology, 16(2), 134-143.
- Diener, E., Emmons, R. A., Larson, R. J. & Griffin, S. (1985). The satisfaction with life scale. Journal of Personality Assessment, 49(1), 71-75.
- S. Sol & K. H. Suh. (2014). Relationships between gratitude disposition and psychological well-being: focus on the mediating effects of interpersonal competence, The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 19(2), 619-635.
- S. N. Son, J. Y. Park & K. H. Suh. (2015). Relationships between gratitude disposition, subjective well-being, and feeling of happiness among female workers: focused on mediating effects of job attitude, The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 23(4), 215-223. DOI: 10.17547/kjsr.2015.23.4.215
- Watkins, P. C., Woodward, K., Stone, T. & Kolts, R. L. (2003). Gratitude and happiness: Development of a measure of gratitude, and relationship with subjective well-being. Social Behavior and Personality, 31, 431-452.
- S. J. Kwon, K. H. Kim & H. S. Lee. (2006). Validation of the Korean Version of Gratitude Questionnaire. The Korean Journal Of Health Psychology, 11(1), 177-190.
- Y. M. Lee. (2008). Facet-based and facet-only job satisfaction measure in Korea. The Journal of Human Resource Management, 15(4), 147-185.
- J. T. Choi. (2016). The impact of job stress on job satisfaction and organizational commitment: Mediating effect of gratitude disposition. Master thesis. Graduate School of Counseling and Psychology. Catholic University of Korea.
- M. H. Jo & K. H. Cha. (1998). International comparison on Quality of life. Seoul: Jipmoondang.
- K. J. Son. (2017). The Relationship between Gratitude Disposition and Job Satisfaction of New Employees: Moderating Effect of Self-Expression. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(16), 559-578.
- Y. J. Kim. (2014). Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Student. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 5(3), 29-39. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.3.029 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.3.029
- Y. S. Kwon. (2019). The moderating effect of gratitude disposition in the relationship between stress and happiness in Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(2), 105-112. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.105 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.105
- E. H. Lee, J. Y. Kim, J. Y. Jang & J. N. Byun. (2017). The Effects of Gratitude Diary Activities on Happinessand Gratitude Disposition among College Students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergentwith Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(4), 907-917.DOI : 10.14257/MJMAHS.2017.04.78