- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convergent Relationship between Job Satisfaction, Emotional Labor, Turnover Intention of Dental Hygiene by Gender
성별에 따른 치과위생사의 직무만족 감정노동 이직의도와의 융합적 관련성
- Yoon, Sung-Uk (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Gimcheon University) ;
- Sung, Mi-Ae (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Suseong College)
- Received : 2020.07.13
- Accepted : 2020.09.20
- Published : 2020.09.28
This study conducted a self-written questionnaire survey on the correlation between job satisfaction, emotional labor, and turnover intention of dental hygienists according to the gender of dental medical institutions. Job satisfaction was high smoking cessation, emotional labor was low age. Turnover intention was low in over 35 years old, number of employees was 11-20, was high in smoking. For women, job satisfaction was high 10 years experience, university, 20 employees. Emotional labor was low age, drinking. Intention to turnover was high in college, single, drinking. Men's emotional labor was 0.22 times less than women's, but their turnover intention was 3.9 times higher. The number of employees was 2.7 times higher than 10 employees. Therefore, efforts to raise job satisfaction and reduce emotional labor and turnover intentions should be made systematically in consideration of gender differences.
- Y. K. Kim & H. J. Kwon. (2016). The Influence of Job Stress and Job Satisfaction on Turnover Intention for Male Dental Hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci, 16(2), 142-149. DOI : 10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.2.142
- E. J. Park. (2013). A Comparative Study on the Gender Stereotypes of Male Nurse and Female Nurse. Master's thesis, Daejeon university.
- S. S. Lee. (2010). Effects of males of hospital organization culture on the level of job satisfaction. Master's thesis, Cathoic University.
- K. H. Min. (2018). 2018 Year Book of the Korean Dentistry.
- K. J. Lee & M. Y. Kim. (2014). The Relationship of Gender Role Conflict and Job Satisfaction upon Organizational Commitment in Male Nurses. Korean Society of Adult Nursing, 26(1), 46-57.
- S. J. Chon & I. N. Kim. (2006). A study on the relationships between trust and organizational effectiveness. J Secret Stud, 15, 75-96.
- B. W. Kang. (1999). A study on the causal factors of the organizationl commitment, Korean dental hygienists case. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyonggi University.
- S. H. Jeong, Y. G. Seo, U. Y. Son, Y. H. Choi & G. B. Song. (2005). Analysis of job satisfaction and related factors of dental auxiliaries. J Korean Acad Oral Health, 29, 281-292.
- H. S. Park. (2011). A Study on the Structural Relations between Determinant Factors of Nursing home Worker's Turnover. master's thesis, Seonam University.
- H. S. Kim. (2005). A study on the relationship of job stress. job satisfaction, organizational commitment and turnover intention of hotel employees. J Korean Acad Soc Tour Mang, 19, 203-225.
- A. R. Hochschild. (1983). The managed heart, commercialization of human feeling. University of California Press, Berkeley(CA).
- S. U. Yoon & I. S. Nam. (2011). Relations between emotional labor and sleep health according to the personality types of dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci, 11(3), 243-249.
- M. S. Joung & K. J. Kim. (2006). A study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurse. Korean J Hosp Manag 11(4), 1-18.
- H. G. Ryu. (2017). Relationship between Happiness and Job Satisfaction of Dental Hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci, 17(2), 168-174. DOI : 10.17135/jdhs.2017.17.2.168
- S. R. Lim & J. H. Park. (2019). A Systematic Literature Review on Job Satisfaction of Dental Hygienist. Journal of convergence for information Technology, 9(1).123-135. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.1.123 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.1.123
- M. J. Lee, Y. N. Kim & S. Y Lee. (2015). A Study on Factors Affecting Emotional Labor of Clinical Dental Hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci, 15(2), 113-118. DOI : 10.17135/jdhs.2015.9.15.2.113
- H. J. Choi, H. J. Bang, E. Y. Chung & Y. J. Seo. (2014). Factors That Affect the Level of Emotional Labor in Dental Hygienists, J Dent Hyg Sci, 14(3), 295-301.
- K. Y Jeong & O. S. Han. (2015). A Study on Emotional Labor, Emotional Burnout, Turnover Intention of Dental Hygienist, 15(3), 280-286. DOI : 10.17135/jdhs.2015.9.15.3.280
- S. E. Kim. (2012). A Study on the Factors that affecting Job Satisfaction :Focused on Moderating Effect of Emotional Labor& Job Expertise. doctoral thesis. konkuk University.
- M. J. Kim. (1988). Research Articles : Effects of the Hotel Employee's Emotional Labor upon the Job-related Attitudes, The Tourism Sciences Society of Korea, 21(2), 129-141.
- E. H. Seo, M. S. Lee. (2002). A Study on the Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention of Kindergarten Teachers. J of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 7(3), 155-170.
- J. W. Yoo, I. H. Song. (2016). The Effects of Quality of Employment on the Depressive Mood among Paid Workers -An Analysis of the Mediating Effect of Perceived Economic Status. Korea Academy of Mental Health Social Work, 44(1), 106-133.
- S. Y. (2008). Sociopsychological stress and job satisfaction of dental hygienists working in dental clinics, and the relevant factors. Unpublishd master's thesis, Chungnam University.
- H. J. Kwak & E. Y. Choi. (2018). Effects of Work Characteristics on Paid Workers' Job Satisfaction : Focused on Gender Difference. Korea Women's Development institute, 97(2), 103-140.
- E. S. Choi, H. Y. Kim. (2017). Gender-related difference in the relationship between smoking status and periodontal diseases: the propensity score matching approach. The Korea Academy of preventive Dentistry and Oral Health, 41(2), 122-128.
- S. H. Yoon, J. Y. Bae, S. W. Lee, K. E. An & S. E. Kim. (2006). The Effects of Job Stress on Depression, Drinking and Smoking among Korean Men. Korea Association of Health and Medical Sociology, 19(1), 31-50.
- S. U. Yoon. (2020). Organizational Culture, Organizational Structure and Emotional Labor of Dental Workers Impact of Convergence on Job Satisfaction. Convergence Society for SMB, 10(1), 187-194. DOI : 10.22156/CS45MB.202010.01.187
- J. Y. Ha. (2010). Drinking Problems, Stress, Depression and Self-esteem of University Students. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs. 22(2), 182-189.
- M. S. Yoon & H. J. Lee. (2015). Moderating Effects of Organizational Support between the Anger and Turnover Intention among Employees. Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, 22(1), 249-269.
- S. I. Ryu, S. Kwon. (2018). The Effect of Public Sector Workers' Emotional Work on Job Stress -Focusing on the Fire Fighters-. Korean Society for Convergence Science, 7(3), 153-167.
- H. Park. (2006). Emotional labor, review with faminism approach. In-mul & Sa-sang, 103, 84-96.
- U. S. Son. (2012). The effect of hospital employees' job satisfaction and organizational commitment on turnover intention and organizational conflict. The doctor's degree, Wonkwang University.