- Volume 25 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Subjective Health Status, Job Stress and Andropause Symptoms among Middle-aged Male who Work
- Kwon, Mi-Hyoung (Dept. of Nursing, Pai Chai University) ;
- Oh, Ji-Hyun (Dept. of Nursing, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2020.08.10
- Accepted : 2020.09.17
- Published : 2020.09.29
In this study, we tried to identify the relationship between subjective health Status and job stress and andropause symptoms of middle-aged male who work.. The data was based on a survey of male aged 40 to 59 in four cities and collected by surveying 154 people with jobs. The general characteristics of the difference in andropause symptoms were marital status and job satisfaction. 68.83 percent of the subjects experienced andropause symptoms. There was a negative correlation between subjective health status and job stress(r=-.204, p=.011). The correlated factors of andropause symptoms included subjective health status(r=-.248, p=.002) and job stress(r=.341, p=<.001). Factors influencing andropause symptoms are job stress, subjective health status. There is a need to develop and apply nursing intervention programs that can reduce job stress and improve subjective health status in order to effectively manage menopause symptoms of middle-aged male who work.
- National Statistical Office, Major population index of the whole country, 2020. http://kostat.go.kr
- Rotter I, Wiatrak A, Ryl A, Kotfis K, Ciosek Z, Laszczynska M, et al. "The Relationship between Selected Bioelements and Depressiveness Associated with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome in Aging Men," Medicina, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp 125. March 2020, DOI: 10.3390/medicina56030125 https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina56030125
- Tharakan T, Miah S, Jayasena C, Minhas S. "Investigating the basis of sexual dysfunction during late-onset hypogonadism," F1000Research, Vol. 8, pp. 331. March 2019. DOI: 10.12688/f1000research.16561.1 https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.16561.1
- C. M. Kim, S. M. Ock, H. K. Lee, H. J. Choi, Y. J. Yang, Y. A. Oh, S. H. Cho, S. H. Lee, C. H. Kim, Y. S. Choi, K. N. Kim, H. S. Hwang, M. Y. Kim, J. A. Kim, S. M. Yoo, D. J. Kang, H. C. Kang, and Y. S. Kim, "The Prevalence of Androgen Deficiency in Aging Male(ADAM) based on ADAM-Kor Questionnaire in Primary," Korean Journal of Health Promotion, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-8. March 2006.
- A. M. Rivas, Z. Mulkey, J. Lado-Abeal, and S. Yarbrough, "Diagnosing and Managing Low Serum Testosterone," Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 321-324, October 2014. DOI: 10.1080/08998280.2014.11929145 https://doi.org/10.1080/08998280.2014.11929145
- Ryu H, Moon J, Jung J. Influence of health behaviors and occupational stress on prediabetic state among male office workers. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 1264. June 2018. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph15061264 https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15061264
- T. I. J. van den Berg, L. A. M. Elders, and A. Burdorf, "Influence of Health and Work on Early Retirement," Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 576-583, June 2010. DOI: 10.1097/JOM.0b013e3181de8133 https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3181de8133
- M. G. Park, S. C. Kang, T. W. Lee, J. Lee, S. H. Kang, D. G. Moon, and J. J. Kim, "Attitude of Korean Males toward Late-Onset Hypogonadism: Survey of Males in Their 40s and Above," Korean Journal of Andrology, VoL. 25, No. 1, pp. 26-31. April 2007.
- M. L. Heo, and S. B. Im, "Depression and Health Promoting Behavior Depending on the Climacteric Symptoms of Middle-aged Male Workers," Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 239-246, Nov. 2012. DOI: 10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.239 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.239
- B. R. Kim, and K. M. Sung, "Andropause Symptoms, Stress, Self-esteem and Quality of Life among Middle-aged Men," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 467-475, December 2018. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.12.467
- H. J. Jung, and H. S. Shin, "Effect of Testosterone Replacement Therapy on Cognitive Performance and Depression in Men with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome," World Journal Mens Health, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 194-199. December 2016, DOI: 10.5534/wjmh.2016.34.3.194 https://doi.org/10.5534/wjmh.2016.34.3.194
- A. Morales, "Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome and Cardiovas cular Health: Looking Carefully at the Evidence," Canadian Urological Association Journal, Vol. 8, No. 1-2, pp. 34-35. February 2014. DOI: 10.5489/cuaj.1906 https://doi.org/10.5489/cuaj.1906
- D. G. Moon, J. W. Kim, J. J. Kim, K. S. Park, J. K. Park, N. C. Park, S. W. Kim, and S. W. Lee, "Prevalence of Symptoms and Associated Comorbidities of Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome in the Korean General Population," The Journal of Sexual Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 583-594. Nov. 2013. DOI: 10.1111/jsm.12393
- K. L. Han, Y. K. Chung, J. O. Lee, "A Study on the Relationship between Stress and Climacteric Symptoms of Midlife Men," Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 513-522. 2002.
- K. Hirokawa, T. Taniguchi, Y. Fujii, J. Takaki, and A. Tsutsumi, "Job Demands as a Potential Modifier of the Association between Testosterone Deficiency and Andropause Symptoms in Japanese Middle-aged Workers: A Cross-Sectional Study," Maturitas, Vol. 73, No. 3, pp. 225-229. July 2012. DOI: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2012.07.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2012.07.006
- M. Maggi, C. Schulman, R. Quinton, S. Langham, and K. Uhl-Hochgraeber, "The Burden of Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome in Adult Men: Economic and Quality-of-Life Impact," Journal of Sexual Medicine. Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1056-1069. July 2007. DOI: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2007.00531.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2007.00531.x
- X. R. Qing, C. C. Wan, X. J. Shang, H. G. Li, C. L. Xiong, X X. Zhan, D. S. Mo, H. C. Cai, H. P. Zhang, H. T. Guan, X. B. Kong, Y. P. Chen, T. H. Liu, B. J. Hao, and S. Y. Zong, "Relative Contributions of Testosterone Deficiency and Metabolism Syndrome at the Risk of Reduced Quality of Life: A Cross‐Sectional Study among Chinese Mid‐Aged and Elderly Men," Andrologia, Vol. 49, No. 9. December 2017. DOI: 10.1111/and.12736
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, S. A. Kim, M. G. Kang, C. G. Lee, J. J. Chung, J. J. Cho, M. A. Son, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. C. Roh, J. B. Park, J. M. Woo, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, M. N. Ha, J. S. Park, K. Y. Rhee, H. Y. Kim, J. O. Kong, I. A. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Park, S. J. Huyun, and D. K. Son, "Developing an Occupational Stress Scale for Korean Employees," Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317. December 2005.
- J. E. Morley, E. Charlton, P. Patrick, F. E. Kaiser, P. Cadeau, and D. McCready, et al. "Validation of a Screening Questionnaire for Androgen Deficiency in Aging Males," Metabolism, Vol. 49, pp. 1239-1242, September 2000. https://doi.org/10.1053/meta.2000.8625
- S. W. Kim, S. J. Oh, J. S. Paick, and S. C. Kim, "Development of the Korean-translation of Androgen Deficiency in Aging Males (ADAM) Questionnaire," Investigative and Clinical Urology, Vol. 45, No. 7, pp. 674-679. July 2004.
- H. S. Kim, and S. S. Kim, "A Converged Study about Influences of Job Stress, Job Security, Depression, Family Bond, Subjective Health Status, Social Support on Quality of Life in Married Middle-Aged Male," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 101-114, March 2017. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.101
- E. Y. Kim, M. Y. Jang, and E. Y. Jung, "The Effects of Subjective Health Status, Climacteric Symptoms and Coping Behaviors of Office Workers Men on Mid-life Crisis," The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 77-86, June 2014. https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.2.77
- OECD.Stat, Health Status: Perceived health status, https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DatasetCode=HEALTH_STAT
- S. J. Lim, S. Y. Auh, "The Research on the Ecological Influential Factors of the Perceived Quality of Life among the Middle Aged Adults," Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 129-147, November 2011.
- J. S. Kim, "A Converged Study on the Influence on the Depression of Family & Job Stress and Middle aged Men," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 9, No. 11, pp. 561-567, November 2018. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018. 9.11.561
- J. P. Leigh, and P. Schnall, "Cost of Occupational Circulaory Disease," Occupational Medicine-State of the Art Reviews, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 257-267, January 2000. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.11.561
- E. Clays, D. Bacquer, F. Leynen, M. Kornitzer, and G. De Backer, "Job Stress and Depression Symptoms in Middle-aged Workers-prospective Results from the Belstress Study," Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 252-259, August 2007. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.1140
- E. Y. Kim, Y. J. Jang, and E. Y. Jung, "The Effects of Subjective Health Status, Climacteric Symptoms and Coping Behaviors of Office Workers Men on Mid-life Crisis," The Korean Journal of Stress Research, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 77-86. June 2014. DOI: 10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.2.77 https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.2.77
- K. Naseem, "Job Stress, Happiness and Life Satisfaction: The Moderating Role of Emotional Intelligence Empirical Study in Telecommunication Sector Pakistan," Journal of Social Sciences and Humanity Studies, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 7-14, 2018.
- D. C. Ganster, ans C. C. Rosen, "Work Stress and Employee Health: A Multidisciplinary Review," Journal of Management, Vol. 39, No. 5, February 2013. DOI: 10.1177/0149206313475815
- J. R. Jones, C. S. Huxtable, and J. T. Hodgson, Self-Reported Work-Related Illness in 2004/05: Results from the Labour Force Survey, https://www.hse.gov.uk/STATISTICS/swi/swi0405.pdf
- N. J. Kim, "Related Factors and the Symptoms of Menopause in Male Workers Objective," Journal Korean Society for health Education and Promotion, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 29-42, 2008.