- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study for the Mechanical Properties with Infill Rate in FDM Process to Fabricate the Small IoT Device
소형 IoT 기기 제작을 위한 FDM 프린팅 공정에서의 내부채움에 따른 물성치 변화 연구
- Ahn, Il-Hyuk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- 안일혁 (동명대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2020.08.12
- Accepted : 2020.09.09
- Published : 2020.09.30
Recently, the size of the IoT sensor has been decreased and the collecting direction of the IoT sensor for acquiring the data have been changed from 2D to 3D. It makes sensor structure complex. In the fabrication of the complex structure, 3D printing technology has more useful than traditional manufacturing technologies. Among 3D printing technologies, FDM (fused deposition modeling) is a candidate technology to fabricate a small IoT sensor because the price of the machine and the material is cheap. In the FDM process, a 3D shape is made by depositing the melted filament. Recently, the patent of FDM technology is expired and cheat machines are developed based on the open-source. In the FDM process, mechanical properties of a fabricated part is affected by a lots of factors such as the kind of material and process parameters. Among them, infill is affecting the mechanical properties and the production lead time as well. In this work, a new method to optimize the FDM process with the consideration of mechanical property and production lead time was proposed. To verify the method, the fabrications were performed with the different infill rates. The results of tensile tests were analyzed to verify the proposed method.
- D.G.Kim, H.S.Lee, T.W.Kim and H.W.Lee, "LBS/GPS based Bicycle Safety Application with Arduino," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.2, No.1, pp.7-15, 2016.
- S.C.Jang and J.W.Lee, "Development of Intelligent IoT Exhaustion System for Bag Filter Collector," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.5, No.1, pp.29-34, 2019.
- T.K.Kim, "IoT(Internet of Things)-based Smart Trash Can," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things, Vol.6, No.1, pp.17-22, 2020.
- T.Wohler, Wohlers report 2018, Wohlers Associates Inc. 2018.
- B.Stucker, I.Gibson and D.Rosen, Additive Manufacturing Technologies, 2nd ed., New York: Springer, 2015.
- Z.Liu, Y.Wang, B.Wu, C.Cui, Y.Guo and C.Yan, "A Critical Review of Fused Deposition Modeling 3D Printing Technology in Manufacturing Polylatic Acid Parts," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.102, pp.2877-2889, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-03332-x
- T.N.A.T.Rahim, A.M.Abdullah and A.H.Akil, "Recent Developments in Fused Deposition Modelling-based 3D Printing of Polymers and their Composites," Polymer Reviews, Vol.59, No.4, pp.589-624, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1080/15583724.2019.1597883
- M.Ouhsti, EL.B.Haddadi and S.Belhouideg, "Effect of Printing Parameters of the Mechanical Properties of Parts Fabricated with Open-source 3D Printers in PLA by Fused Deposition Modeling," Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, Vol.22, No.4, pp.895-908, 2020. https://doi.org/10.2478/mme-2018-0070
- N.K.Maurya, V.Rastogi and P.Singh, "Experimental Investigations of Improving Part Strength in Fused Deposition Modeling," International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.7, No.39, pp.457-461, 2018.
- C.Alvarez, L.Kenny, F.Rodrigo, C.Largos and A.Miguel, "Investigating the Influence of Infill Percentage on the Mechanical Properties of Fused Deposition Modelled ABS Parts," TIngenieria e Investigacion, Vol.36, No.3, pp.110-116, 2016.
- K.Ransikarbum, S.Ha, J.Ma and N.Kim, "Multi-objective Optimization Analysis for Part-to Printer Assignment in a Network 3D Fused Deposition Modeling," Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol.43, No.1, pp.35-46, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2017.02.012
- H.Li, S.Zhang, Z.Yi, J.Li, A.Sun, J.Guo and G.Xu, "Bonding Quality and Fracture Analysis of Polyamide 12 Parts Fabricated by Fused Deposition Modeling," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.23, No.6, pp.973-982, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-03-2016-0033
- T.J.Coogan and D.O.Kazmer, "Bond and Part Strength in Fused Deposition Modeling," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.23, No.2, pp.414-422, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-03-2016-0050
- A.V.Borille, J.D.O.Gomes and D.Lopes, "Geometrical Analysis and Tensile Behaviour of Parts Manufactured with Flame Retardant Polymers by Additive Manufacturing," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.23, No.1, pp.169-180, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-09-2015-0130
- H.C.Wu and T.C.T.Chen, "Quality Control Issues in 3D-printing Manufacturing: a Review," Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol.24, No.3, pp.607-614, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-02-2017-0031