- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Relational Aggression Experience by Old Users of the Institution for Seniors - A Convergent Approach Based on Colaizzi's Methodology
기관이용노인의 관계적 공격성 경험에 관한 연구 -Colaizzi의 방법론을 중심으로 한 융합방법론 접근-
- Park, Sun-Hee (Integrative Healing and Welfare Association)
- 박선희 ((사)통합힐링복지협회)
- Received : 2020.08.28
- Accepted : 2020.09.23
- Published : 2020.09.30
The purpose of this study was to explore the experience of relational aggression that old users of institutions for seniors have, understanding what that experience means. In detail, the study tried to determine the nature of the experience through a structural description of what and how the elderly users experience relational aggression. For the purpose, this study made profound interviews with 7 elderly persons who sustained such aggression while using the seniors' institution in Busan. In the interview, a non-structured questionnaire survey was conducted. Data were analyzed using Colaizzi's phenomenological approach. As a result, the study identified 32 meanings of relational the experience which were in turn divided into 16 subjects, and 5 categories like 'I who am powerless', 'I who am in an unmanned island', 'whirlwinds in my mind', 'I who send myself into the world' and 'I who am dwindling'. Based on this result, this research made practical suggestions for preventing relational aggression as mentioned above.
- N.R.Crick and J.K.Grotpeter, "Relational Aggression, Gender and Social-psychological Adjustment," Child Development, Vol.66, pp.710-722, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/1131945
- D.B.Kim, J.S.Min and G.H.Jumg, "Effect of Relational Aggression on Depression of Nursing Home Residents - Focusing on Low-income Elderly," Korean Association For Social Welfare Studies, Vol.43, No.1, pp.203-227, 2012. https://doi.org/10.16999/kasws.2012.43.1.203
- Y.A.Seong and Y.J.Kim, "A Study on Relative Aggression Related Variables," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.8, No.12 pp.513-521, 2018.
- Y.P.Moo and H.Y.Lee, "A Comparative Study on Policies of Elderly Abuse in the Long-Term Care Facilities on WHO, Main Countries," Korean Association of Social Policy Vol.24, No.1, pp.67-95, 2017.
- Y.h.Jeong, "A Study on the Effect of Socioeconomic Deprivation and Family Conflict on Relational Aggression - Focused on the Mediating Effect of Rejection Sensitivity and the Moderating Effect of Social Worker's Emotional Support," General Graduate School of Silla University, 2019.
- G.Y.Che and R.O.Ba, "A Review of Research on Relational Aggression in Korea(2000-2013)," The Korean Journal of the Human Development, Vol.21, No.1, pp.181-200, 2014..
- H.S.Lee and O.B.Jeong, "Marital Conflict Perceived by Adolescent Children and Aggression," Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol.16, No.1, pp.47-62, 2004.
- A.M.Hansen, A.Hogh, R.Persson, B.Karlson, A.H.Garde and P.Orbaek, "Bullying at Work, Health Outcomes and Physiological Stress Response," Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Vol.60, pp.63-72, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2005.06.078
- S.Einarsen, H.Hoel and G.Notelaners, "Measuring Exposure to Bullying and Harassment at Work: Validity, Factors Structure and Psychometric Prosperties of the Negative Acts Questionnaire-Revised," Work and Stress, Vol.23, pp.24-44. 2001.
- B.A.Powers, "Relationships among Older Women Living in a Nursing Home," Journal of Women and Aging, Vol.8, pp.179-198. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1300/J074v08n03_12
- Y.G.Sing, "Steps in the Theory," Hyeonmunsa, 2001.
- G.L.Sin, "Theory : Theory and Practice of Phenomenological Study in Nursing Science," Nursing Inquiry, Vol.12, No.1, pp.49-68, 2001.
- H.S.Lee and O.B.Jeong, "The Relationship between the Adolescent's Perception of Marital Conflict and the Adolescent's Offensive Character," Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol.16, No.1, pp.47-62, 2004.
- Y.S.Lincoln and E.G.Guba, Naturalistic Inquiry, Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.1985.
- K.R.Shin, M.O.Cho and J.H.Yang, Qualitative Research Methodology, Ewha Womans University Press, 2013.