- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Agricultural Environment Monitoring System to Maintain Soil Moisture using IoT
토양 수분 유지를 위한 농업 환경 모니터링 IoT 시스템 구현
- Park, Jung Kyu (Deprt. of Computer Software Engineering, Changshin University) ;
- Kim, Jaeho (Dept. of Aerospace and Software Engineering, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2020.07.27
- Accepted : 2020.09.15
- Published : 2020.09.30
In the paper, we propose a system that measures various agricultural parameters that affect crop yield and monitors location information. According to an analysis by international organizations, 60% of the world's population lives on agriculture. In addition, 11% of the world's soil is used for growing crops. For this reason, agriculture plays an important role in national development. If a problem occurs in agriculture due to weather or environmental problems, it can be a problem for national development. In order to solve these problems, it is important to modernize agriculture using modern IoT technology. It is possible to improve the agricultural environment by applying IoT technology in agriculture to build a smart environment. Through such a smart environment, it is possible to increase the yield of agricultural products, reduce water waste, and prevent overuse of fertilizers. In order to verify the proposed system, an experiment was performed in a soybean cultivation farm. Experimental results showed that using the proposed system, the moisture in the cultivated soil can be automatically maintained at 40%.
- M.Ayaz, M.Ammad-Uddin, Z.Sharif, A.Mansour and E.M.Aggoune, "Internet-of-Things (IoT)-Based Smart Agriculture: Toward Making the Fields Talk," in IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp.129551-129583, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2932609
- L.Chettri and R.Bera, "A Comprehensive Survey on Internet of Things (IoT) Toward 5G Wireless Systems," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol.7, No.1, pp.16-32, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2019.2948888
- K.Lee, "A Scheme on Anomaly Prevention for Systems in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.95-101, 2019. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.095
- J.K.Park and H.Y.Seo, "ZigBee-Based Smart Fire Detector for Remote Monitoring and Control," International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol.29, No.3, pp.10431-10441, 2020.
- A.Kirimtat, O.Krejcar, A.Kertesz and M.F.Tasgetiren, "Future Trends and Current State of Smart City Concepts: A Survey," IEEE Access, Vol.8, pp.86448-86467, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2992441
- K.H.Nam and J.K.Park, "A Study on the Forestry Safety Helmet Development Based on IoT," Journal of the Korean Society of Industry Convergence, Vol.23, No.3, pp.419-425, 2020. https://doi.org/10.21289/KSIC.2020.23.3.419
- J.K.Park and K.Nam, "Implementation of Multiple Sensor Data Fusion Algorithm for Fire Detection System," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.25 No.7, pp.9-16, 2020. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2020.25.07.009
- J.K.Park, Y.H.Roh, K.H,Nam and H.Y.Seo, "Fire Detection Method Using IoT and Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.24, No.8, pp.131-136, 2019. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2019.24.08.131
- D.Lee, K.Cho and S.Lee, "Analysis on Smart Factory in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-5, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iot.2018.11.001
- M.S.Farooq, S.Riaz, A.Abid, K.Abid and M.A.Naeem, "A Survey on the Role of IoT in Agriculture for the Implementation of Smart Farming," IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp.156237-156271, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2949703
- J.Lee, "Analysis of the Hardware Structures of the IoT Device Platforms for the Minimal Power Consumption," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.2, pp.11-18, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.2.011
- M.Gupta, M.Abdelsalam, S.Khorsandroo and S.Mittal, "Security and Privacy in Smart Farming: Challenges and Opportunities," IEEE Access, Vol.8, pp.34564-34584, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2975142
- J.K.Park and H.Park, "Implementation of a Smart Farming Monitoring System Using Raspberry Pi," Journal of Next-generation Convergence Technology Association, Vol.4, No.4, pp.354-360, 2020. https://doi.org/10.33097/JNCTA.2020.04.04.354
- S.O.Olatinwo and T.Joubert, "Enabling Communication Networks for Water Quality Monitoring Applications: A Survey," IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp.100332-100362, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2904945
- D.Mishra, A.Khan, R.Tiwari and S.Upadhay, "Automated Irrigation System-IoT Based Approach," 3rd International Conference On Internet of Things: Smart Innovation and Usages (IoT-SIU), pp.1-4, 2018.
- J.K.Park and E.Y.Park, "Performance Evaluation of IoT Cloud Platforms for Smart Buildings," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.21, No.5 pp.664-671, 2020.
- D.T.Nguyen, C.Pham, K.K.Nguyen and M.Cheriet, "Placement and Chaining for Run-Time IoT Service Deployment in Edge-Cloud," IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol.17, No.1, pp.459-472, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSM.2019.2948137
- ThingSpeak for IoT Project, https://thingspeak.com.