- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Service Mobility Support Scheme in SDN-based Fog Computing Environment
SDN 기반 Fog Computing 환경에서 서비스 이동성 제공 방안
- Kyung, Yeun-Woong (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Kook (Dept. of Information, Communications & Software Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2020.08.17
- Accepted : 2020.09.18
- Published : 2020.09.30
In this paper, we propose a SDN-based fog computing service mobility support scheme. Fog computing architecture has been attracted because it enables task offloading services to IoT(Internet of Things) devices which has limited computing and power resources. However, since static as well as mobile IoT devices are candidate service targets for the fog computing service, the efficient task offloading scheme considering the mobility should be required. Especially for the IoT services which need low-latency response, the new connection and task offloading delay with the new fog computing node after handover can occur QoS(Quality of Service) degradation. Therefore, this paper proposes an efficient service mobility support scheme which considers both task migration and flow rule pre-installations. Task migration allows for the service connectivity when the fog computing node needs to be changed. In addition, the flow rule pre-installations into the forwarding nodes along the path after handover enables to reduce the connection delay and service interruption time.
- D.W.Lee, K.Cho and S.H.Lee, "Analysis on Smart Factory in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-5, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iot.2018.11.001
- K.B.Jang, "A Study on IoT Platform for Private Electrical Facilities Management," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.103-110, 2019. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.103
- Y.W.Kyung and T.K.Kim, "Flow Handover Management Scheme based on QoS in SDN Considering IoT," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.6, No.2, pp.45-50, 2020. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2020.6.2.045
- P.Mach and Z.Becvar, "Mobile Edge Computing: A Survey on Architecture and Computation Offloading," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol.19, No.3, pp.1628-1656, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2017.2682318
- W.Bao, D.Yuan, Z.Yang, S.Wang, W.Li, B.B.Zhou and A.Y.Zomaya, "Follow Me Fog: Toward Seamess Handover Timing Schemes in a Fog Computing Environment," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.55, No.11, pp.72-78, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2017.1700363
- Y.Ma, W.Liang, J.Li, X.Jia and S.Guo, "Mobility-Aware and Delay-Sensitive Service Provisioning in Mobile Edge-Cloud Networks," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Early Access, 2020.
- Y.Kyung and T.Kim, "QoS-Aware Flexible Handover Management in Software-Defined Mobile Networks," MDPI Applied Sciences, Vol.10, No.12, 2020.
- 3GPP TS 36.300 v.15.8.0 Release 13, LTE.; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); Overall Description; Stage 2. Available online: https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/136300_136399/136300/15.08.00_60/ts_136300v150800p.pdf
- T.Taleb and A.Ksentini, "Follow Me Cloud: Interworking Federated Clouds and Distributed Mobile Networks," IEEE Network, Vol.27, No.5, pp.12-19, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2013.6616110
- Y.Bi, G.Han, C.Lin, Q.Deng, L.Guo and F.Li, "Mobility Support for Fog Computing: An SDN Approach," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.56, No.5, pp.53-59, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2018.1700908
- M.Liebsch and F.Z.Yousaf, "Runtime Relocation of CDN Serving Points-Enabler for Low Costs Mobile Content Delivery," in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2013.
- M.Wichtlhuber, R.Reinecke and D.Hausheer, "An SDN-Based CDN/ISP Collaboration Architecture for Managing High-Volume Flows," IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol.12, No.1, pp.48-60, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSM.2015.2404792
- OpenFlow switch specification 1.5.1, [Online]. Available: https://www.opennetworking.org/images/stories/downloads/sdn-resources/onf-specifications/openflow/openflow-switch-v1.5.1.pdf, 2015.
- Y.W.Kyung and J.W.Park, "Prioritized Admission Control with Load Distribution over Multiple Controllers for Scalable SDN-based Mobile Networks," Springer Wireless Networks, Vol.25, pp.2963-2975, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-017-1615-x
- S.Bera, S.Misra and M.S.Obaidat, "Mobi-Flow: Mobility-Aware Adaptation Flow-Rule Placement in Software-Defined Access Network," IEEE Transactions on Mobilie Computing, Vol.18, No.8, pp.1831-1842, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2018.2868932
- S.H.Rastegar, A.Abbasfar and V.S-Mansouri, "On Fair Rule Caching in Software Defined Radio Access Networks," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, Vol.7, No.3, 2018.
- Q.Fan and N.Ansari, "Towards Workload Balancing in Fog Computing Empowered IoT," IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, Vol.7, No.1, 2020.
- H.Li, P.Li and S.Guo, "MoRule: Optimized Rule Placement for Mobile Users in SDN-enabled Access Networks," in Proc. IEEE Globecom, 2014.
- F.Y.Okay and S.Ozdemir, "Routing in Fog-Enabled IoT Platforms: A Survey and an SDN-based Solution," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol.5, No.6, 2018.