- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Lower Body Types Classification according to Waist and Thigh Shapes in Korean Woman in Their 20s
국내 20대 여성의 허리와 허벅지 형태에 따른 하반신 체형 분류
- Shin, Kayoung (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University) ;
- Do, Wolhee (Dept. of Clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2019.10.21
- Accepted : 2019.11.15
- Published : 2020.08.31
This study classified lower body shape according to thigh and waist shape to improve the fit of skinny blue jeans in adult women in their 20s. We analyzed the three-dimensional automatic measurement data, three-dimensional indirect measurement data, and index data using the three-dimensional female (20-29 years old) body scan data provided by Size Korea (6th Korean Human Dimensional Survey Project). Factor analysis was performed to classify body type. We selected and analyzed 34 items related to thigh shape based on index items, angle items, and protrusion amount items from 99 items; consequently, seven factors were extracted and 82.39% of the total variance was explained. Cluster analysis according to factor analysis classified it into 4 types, and a post-test Duncan test was conducted to classify thigh features according to classified types. As a result, the characteristics of lower body shape according to the thigh types of women in their 20s are as follows. Lower Body Type 1 is shape with a more prominent belly and less prominent thighs. Lower Body Type 2 is a slender body figure with larger hips. Lower Body Type 3 has more prominent thighs compared to the waist and belly. Lower Body Type 4 has both a prominent belly and prominent thighs.
- Cho, M. N. (2016). A survey on the actual condition and wear test of tight fitted blue jeans-Focused on the females in their 20's-. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University, Seoul.
- Choi, S. R., & Do, W. H. (2016). A study on the wearing condition of skinny jeans of 20's women. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 18(1), 63-70. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.1.63 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.1.63
- Clinical abbreviation research group. (2016). New dictionary of medical acronyms & abbreviations. Seoul: Author.
- 'Correct the pelvis twist, which may have been caused by lower body obesity'. (n. d.). Health column of jasaeng oriental medicine hospital. Retrieved April 25, 2019, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=3596855&cid=63166&categoryId=56745
- Ha, H. J. (2011). A study of the development of formal pants patterns for women in their 20s and 30s with lower-body obesity. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 19(4), 820-835. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2011.19.4.820
- Han, H. J. (2016, April 13). Because of female hormones, fat cells accumulate on the hips and thighs. Health chosun. Retrieved April 9, 2019, from http://health.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/04/12/2016041203560.html
- Joo, D. J. (2018, January 9). Lower obesity, Do not just blame your constitution, change your lifestyle. Maeil Business News. Retrieved April 9, 2019, from https://mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2018/01/18185/
- Kim, S. R. (2006). A study on the ready-to-wear fit of early 20s women. Dongduk Women's University Research Institute of Design, 9, 45-58.
- Kim, J. Y., Choi, H. S., & Kim, E. K., (2014). A study on the jeans wearing conditions for men in their twenties to slim type jeans pattern making. Korea Fashion & Costume Design Assciatio, 16(2), 195-209.
- 'Obesity is not easy for women than obesity or upper body obesity'. (2018, January 30). Sports chosun. Retrieved November 20, 2018, from http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201802070100050690003454&servicedate=20180206
- Park, G. Y. (2008, June 24). If you are younger, you are worried about lower body obesity, and your upper body gets obese as you get older. Newdaily. Retrieved May 7, 2019, from http://www.newdaily.co.kr/site/data/html/2008/06/24/2008062400027.html
- Park, W. M. (2013). A comparative study on patternmaking method and general fit of women’s pants slopers. Korea Science & Art Forum, 12, 81-92.
- Park, J. H. (2003). Thesis on developing the patterns of blue jean slacks according to the types of lower body. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.