- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Shirt Design Applying Traditional Clothing Design in Northeast Asia Region - Global Fashion Cultural Products -
동북아시아 지역 전통복식 디자인을 응용한 셔츠디자인 개발 -글로벌 패션문화상품-
- Choi, Eunjoo (Dept. of Fashion Design, Youngsan University)
- 최은주 (영산대학교 패션디자인학과)
- Received : 2020.06.26
- Accepted : 2020.08.14
- Published : 2020.08.31
In order to develop high value fashion culture products capable of reaching the global market, this study developed the original traditional clothing design of Northeast Asian countries according to a global perspective. This study applied the structural formality of traditional clothing to fashion cultural products. This study developed designs using Deel of Mongolia, Makap of China Korean Dang-ui / Dan-ryung, and Haori of Japan. The research methods are theoretically examined using literature on traditional clothing in Northeast Asia. First, it designed a shirt design using Adobe Illustrator CS6 and created a pattern with the Yuka program as well as applied CLO 5.0 (a 3D virtual dressing system from CLO Virtual Fashion Co.). A survey was also conducted on individual interest for the developed fashion cultural products. The design method obtained various design effects by applying the method of adding point detail parts of the clothes to the shirt that represented each country among their traditional clothes. This research can be used as basic data for the global fashion cultural products market that can contribute to maintaining the originality of each country in the global era, expanding tourism income to succeed and develop culture and tradition.
- Asia. (n. d.). Naver. Retrieved February 6, 2020, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1121308&cid=40942&categoryId=33136
- Britannica visual dictionary. (n. d.). 전통복식 [Traditional clothing]. Naver. Retrieved January 22, 2020, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1715000&cid=49009&categoryId=49009
- Chae, K. S. (1995). 현대복식미학 [Contemporary fashion aesthetics]. Seoul: Kyungchunsa.
- Choi, E. J. (2019). Vest design development of fashion culture products based on Korean style - Application of traditional lattice pattern of doors -. Fashion & Texile Reearch Journal, 21(4), 412- 419. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2019.21.4.412
- Choi, I. R., & Lee, S. H. (2007). Formative character of Korean and Japanese dress design in modern fashion. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 15(5), 749-759.
- Cultural Industry Policy Division. (2000). 공예문화산업제작 유통 실태조사[Research on the distribution status of craft culture industry production]. Seoul : Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism(MCST).
- Dan-ryung. (n. d.). Encyclopedia of Korean Culture. Retrieved April 12, 2019, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=534299&cid=46671&categoryId=46671
- Dang-ui. (n. d.). 당의 [Dang-ui]. Doopedia. Retrieved April 12, 2019, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1080374&cid=40942&categoryId=32079
- Deel. (2009, July 17). 델 [Deel]. Retrieved August 17, 2019, from https://mongolro.tistory.com/312
- Deel. (n. d.). 델 [Deel]. Doopedia. Retrieved August 17, 2019, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1222457&cid=40942&categoryId=32086
- Geum, K. S. (1999). A study on the adaptation of the traditional costume for fashion design. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 43, 69-81.
- Haori. (n. d. a). 하오리 [haori]. Korean dictionary. Retrieved January 21, 2020, from https://ko.dict.naver.com/#/entry/koko/0a8e56bbe6e345009891bb90554dd0c2
- Haori. (n. d. b). 하오리 [haori]. Retrieved January 21, 2020, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1927756&cid=62091&categoryId=62091
- Haori. (n. d. c). 하오리 [haori]. Retrieved January 21, 2020, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1696732&cid=60542&categoryId=60542
- Hong, H. S. (2001). The effect of benefit thought and fashion image on purchase intention of Gal-ot. Family and Environment Research, 39(2), 73-84.
- Hong, N. Y., Kim, C. J., Yu, H. K, & Lee, J. H. (1999). A study on comparative culture about the development process of the cultural heritage style in Asia. Asian Comparative Folklore, 17, 315-334.
- Hong, N. Y., Shin, H. S., & Lee, E. J. (2011). 동아시아 복식의 역사 [History of East Asian Costume]. Seoul: Gyomoons.
- Hong, N. Y., Shin, H. S., & Choi, J. H. (2004). 아시아 전통복식 [Traditional Costumes of Asia]. Seoul: Gyomoons.
- Hua, M. (1992). 중국복식사 [The history of Chinese Costumes] (S. S. Park & S. W. Lee, Trans.). Seoul: Kyungchunsa. (Original work publilshed 1992)
- Hwang, C. S. (1995). 세계전통복식 [World Traditional Costume]. Seoul: Suhaksa.
- Japan Haori. (2017, August 26). Naver. Retrieved January 21, 2020, from https://kin.naver.com/qna/detail.nhn?d1id=9&dirId=9020101&docId=283343329&qb=7ZWY7Jik66as&enc=utf8§ion=kin&rank=1&search_sort=0&spq=0
- Kim, E. S., & Do, W. H. (2010). A study on the strategic methods of fadhion cultural products in Gwang-ju. Journal of the Korean Society Design Culture, 16(2), 120-128.
- Kim, H. J. (2006). A study on the fashion design development as application of the traditional pattern in Northeast Asia - Focusing on Korea, China, Japan's costume forms in 16-19th. Unpublished master's thesis. Dongduk Women's University, Seoul.
- Kim, J. H., & Kan, H. S. (2009). A study on the fashion design development as application of the traditional pattern in Northeastern Asia - Focusing on the costumes of Korea, China, Japan in the 16th-19th centuries-. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 59(9), 1-15.
- Kim, M. J. (2015). 한국복식사 개론 [Introduction to Korean Costume]. Seoul: Gyomoonsa.
- Kim, S. O., Kim, Y. I., Seo, D. S., Yang, S. O., Lim, J. S., & Cho, E. J. (1980). 동양 여러나라의 민속의상 연구 [A Study of Oriental Native Costumes]. Yonsei University College of Human Ecology 婦學. 12, 15-18.
- Kim, Y. S. (1998). 한국복식문화사전 [Korean Costume Culture Dictionary]. Seoul: Art culture.
- Korea Dan-ryung. (2017, May 1). Naver Blog. Retrieved May 20, 2019, from https://blog.naver.com/blisskim47/220995842427
- Korean dictionary. (n. d.). 전통복식 [Traditional clothing]. Naver. Retrieved January 22, 2020, from https://ko.dict.naver.com/#/entry/koko/493e957fed704ba5a332e9843e83f4bb
- Kwon, H. J. (2014). Modern interpretation and application of traditional costumes. Proceedings of the Korean Society for Community Living Science, Fall Conference, Korea, pp. 95-98.
- Lee, J. M., & Kim, M. J. (2006). Aesthetic characteristics of Korean and Japanese women’s traditional costumes from the viewpoint of oriental aesthetics -Focusing on the late Joseon period of Korea and the Edo period of Japan-. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 56(5), 132-149.
- Lim, M. M. (1992). An history of Mongolian costume. Seoul: Kyungchunsa.
- Mongolia Deel. (2010, May 29). Naver Blog. Retrieved May 15, 2017, from https://blog.naver.com/myoto1214/60108140401
- Presented works. (2016). China. Reprinted from International Art & Design Exhibition. The Korea Association of Art & Design.
- Presented works. (2017). Mongolia. Reprinted from The 22th International Fashion Exhibition of Professor. The Society of Fashion & Textile Industry.
- Presented works. (2019). Korea. Reprinted from International costume Exhibition. Society of Korean Traditional Costume.
- Presented works. (2019). Korea. Reprinted from The 24th International Fashion Exhibition. The Society of Fashion & Textile Industry.
- Northeast Asia. (n. d.). Wikipedia. Retrieved May 20, 2019, from https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/동북아시아
- Seo, B. H. (2014). A comparative study on characteristics and aesthetic value of Asian traditional costumes - Emphasis on buddhist, hindu and islamic costumes -. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 64(6), 47-64. doi:10.7233/jksc.2014.64.6.047 https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2014.64.6.047
- Taditional clothes of Mongolia. (2016). Ministry od Foreign Affairs / Overview of Mongolia. Naver. Retrieved May 10, 2019, from https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=5803299&cid=43755&categoryId=43756
- Yeo, S. W., & Lee, S. E. (2012). Awareness analysis about fashion cultural products with tradition -Focused on the design majors-. Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 15(2), 19-29.
- Yu, H. K., Hong, N. Y., Lee, J. H., & Kim, C. J. (1998). Comparative study of Asian ethnic dresses(Part I). Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 22(8), 1043-1051.