- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Influence of Task Value and Academic Self-efficacy on Learning Engagement in Nursing Education using Smart Learning
스마트 러닝을 활용한 간호교육에서 과제가치와 학업적 자기효능감이 학습참여에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Eun-Jung (Division of Nursing, Seoyeong University) ;
- Seo, Dong-Hee (Division of Nursing, Seoyeong University) ;
- Ki, Eun-Jung (Division of Nursing, Seoyeong University)
- 김은정 (서영대학교 간호학과) ;
- 서동희 (서영대학교 간호학과) ;
- 기은정 (서영대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2019.11.27
- Accepted : 2020.07.20
- Published : 2020.07.28
This study aimed to analyze the effects of nursing students' select task value and academic self-efficacy on learner's learning engagement. The subjects of this study consisted of 186 nursing students who completed the major course with Smart Learning of a university in G city. Data were collected from September 1 to November 30. 2018. This study was designed as a research study and multiple regression analysis was conducted to analyze the effects of task value and academic self-efficacy on learning engagement. The results showed that the degree of influence on learning engagement was in order of academic self-efficacy(β=.515) and task value(β=.244). It was found that both task value (r=.52, p<.001)and academic self-efficacy(r=.64, p<.001) had a significant positive effect on learning engagement. Based on the results of this study, we proposed teaching and learning strategies and suggestions for strengthening learner's learning engagement in smart learning which has recently been applied to increase the effectiveness of education.
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology(MEST) (2011). The way to a great talent: smart education promotion strategy (Plan). Seoul : Ministry of Education and Science Technology. Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=E1018854
- D. W. Seo & E. Rhee. (2015). The flipped classroom based on smart learning-focusing on practical education for music. Journal of Music Education Science, 23, 99-119.
- T. L. Levett-Jones. (2005). Self-directed learning: implications and limitations for undergraduate nursing education. Nurse Education Today, 25(5), 363-368. DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2005.03.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2005.03.003
- A. C. Greiner & E. Knebel. (2003). Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality. Washington DC : National Academies Press.
- G. S. Jang, E. A. Kim & N. Y. Kim. (2015). The mediating effect of information literacy in the relationship between critical thinking disposition and self-directed learning ability among senior nursing students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(5), 2823-2835. UCI : G704-000930.2015.17.5.024
- M. Y. Cho. (2010). An analysis of research on nursing practice education in korea. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 16(2), 239-248. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.2.239 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.2.239
- J. J. Yang. (2006). Effects of web-based multimedia contents for mechanical ventilator practice on knowledge and clinical competence of nursing students. The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 18(2), 231-239. UCI : G704-000678.2006.18.2.010
- S. Y. Kim, I. S. Lee, S. M. Kim, K. S. Kim, B. H. Park & Y. G. Noh. (2016). An effect of the application of educational electronic nursing record system for nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(3), 396-407. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.396 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.396
- Y. H. Hwang (2016). A Study on the Current States and Tasks of Smart Learning: the Case of H Cyber University. The Korea Association of Japanese Education, 35, 221-234. http://dx.doi.org/10.21808/KJJE.35.13
- J. H. Seo, J. P. Jeong & E. J Choi. (2016). The effects of smart learning on the academic performance of pediatric nursing education. The Korea Contents Society, 16(11), 784-795. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.784 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.784
- K. H. Lee & Y, Y. Choi (2019). Effects of smart-learning based education on dental hygiene students' study achievements and learning satisfaction. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg,(19(4), 503-513. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.20190031 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.20190031
- E. J. Ki, D. H. Seo & S. A. Chung (2018). The effects of the convergence study about smart learning in nursing education. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(11), 519-527. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.11.519
- J. W. Atkinson. (1957). Motivational determinants of risk-taking behavior. Psychological Review, 64, 359-372. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0043445
- J. W. You. & M. H. Kang. (2011). The structural relationship among social factor, psychological need factor, and motivational factor for enhancing learning engagement. Korean Jounal of Educational Research, 49(4), 55-85. UCI : G704-000614.2011.49.4.001
- E. A. Cho. (2015). Analysis on structural relationship among task value, e-learning quality, approaches to learning, satisfaction and academic achievement in cyber courses. Doctoral dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- J. W. You & Y. H. Song. (2013). Probing the interaction effects of task value and academic self-efficacy on learning engagement and persistence in an e-learning course. Korean Association For Learner-Centered Curriculum And Instruction, 13(3), 91-112. UCI : G704-001586.2013.13.3.001 http://www.riss.kr.libproxy.jnu.ac.kr/link?id=A104965840
- A. R. Artino. (2008). Motivational beliefs and perceptions of instructional quality: predicting satisfaction with online learning. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 24(3), 260-270. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2729.2007.00258.x
- M. H. Kang, B. R. Hur & H. J. Lim. (2012). Identifying a mediating effect of task value between task authenticity and learning outcomes in web-based project learning. Education Research Studies, 43(4), 33-55. UCI : G704-001618.2012.43.4.007
- E. I. Jeong. (2012). Exploring the factors that influence college students' class participation: Focus on autonomy support, academic self-efficacy, and task value. The Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies, 24(2), 355-378. DOI : 10.17927/tkjems.2012.24.2.355 https://doi.org/10.17927/tkjems.2012.24.2.355
- H. C. Kang, K. P. Yeon & S. T. Han. (2015). A review on the use of effect size in nursing research. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 45(5), 641-649. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.5.641 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.5.641
- J. Eccels. & A. Wigfield.. (1985). Teacher expectations and student motivation. Journal of Teacher Expectancies, 185-226.
- M. H. Yan. (2000). The study on the development and validation of self-regulated learning model. Doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- M. Kang, B. Heo & H. Lim. (2012). Identifying a mediating effect of task value between task authenticity and learning outcomes in web-based project learning. Journal of Educational Studies, 43(4), 33-55. UCI : G704-001618.2012.43.4.007
- A. Y. Kim & I. Y. Park. (2001). Construction and validation of academic self-efficacy scale. Korean Journal of Educational Research, 39(1), 95-123.
- M. J. Cha et al. (2010). A development of learner participation scale in instruction. Journal of Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, 22, 195-219. DOI : 10.17927/tkjems.2010.22.1.195
- E. S. Lee & E. J. Bong. (2017). The Effects of Self-leadership, Academic Self-Efficacy and Instructor: Student Interaction on Self-directed Learning in Nursing Students. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 23(2), 107-114. https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.2.107
- E. J. Kim & S. L. Do. (2009). Relationship among college students' competence, relatedness, intrinsic motivation, and engagement in cooperative learning. The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, 23(1), 181-196. UCI : G704-000199.2009.23.1.006
- T. D. Ahn. (2017). Moderating effect of learning styles on the relationship of quality and satisfaction of e-learning context. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(12): 35-45. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.12.35
- Bong. M. (1998). Test of the internal/external frames of reference model with subject-specific academic self-efficacy and frame-specific academic self-concepts. Journal of Educational Psychology, 90(1), 102-110. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06184.108.40.206 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.11
- J. R. Ferrari. (1991). Procrastination and project creation: Choosing easy, nondiagonostic items to avoid self-relevant information. Journal of Social Behavior & Personality, 6, 619-628.
- D. H. Schunk. (1990). Goal setting and self-efficacy during self-regulated learning. Educational Psychologist, 26, 207-231.