- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
고등학교 야구 포수의 2루 송구 동작에 대한 운동역학적 분석
Biomechanical Analysis of Throw Movement to Second Base in High School Elite Baseball Catchers
- Kim, Sung Yong (Yatap High School) ;
- Park, Jong Chul (Department of Sport Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science) ;
- Byun, Kyung Seok (Vector Biomechanics,) ;
- Baek, Hee Young (Department of Sport Science, Ewha Womans University)
- 투고 : 2020.04.28
- 심사 : 2020.06.04
- 발행 : 2020.06.30
Objective: The purpose of this study was to provide quantitative and objective data of throwing movement in baseball catcher through biomechanical analysis. Method: Eight high school baseball catchers (age: 17.3±0.7 yrs, height: 175.3±4.5 cm, weight: 82.5±9.0 kg, Career: 7.4±2.1 yrs) participated and 3-dimentional motion capture system and electromyography (EMG) were used in this study. Results: The maximum center of mass position displacement was observed in forward direction. The linear velocity magnitude of the upper extremity segments were showed as "wrist>elbow>shoulder" which is indicative of kinematic chain. For kinetic EMG data, we also observed the greater muscle activation in the left brachioradial and erector spine muscles muscle that during throwing movement. Conclusion: We expect that biomechanical data from this study will provide important training implications to baseball coaches and trainers in order to effectively train their baseball catchers.
- Campbell, B. M., Stodden, D. F. & Nixon, M. K. (2010). Lower extremity muscle activation during baseball pitching. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 24(4), 964-971.
- Chea, J. S., Cho, E. H. & Um, H. J. (2010). Comparisons of the Outcomes of Statistical Models Applied to the Prediction of Post-season Entry in Korean Professional Baseball. Korean Society of Measurement and Evaluation for Physical Education and Sports Science, 12(1), 33-48.
- Chea, J. S. & Song, J. K. (2014). Performance Analysis and a Forecasting Model for The Short-Term Series in The Korean Professional Baseball League. Korean Journal of Sport Science, 25(1), 92-107.
- English, T. & Howe, K. (2007). The effect of pilates exercise on trunk and postural stability and throwing velocity in college baseball pitchers: single subject design. North American Journal of Sports Physical Therapy: NAJSPT, 2(1), 8.
- Fleisig, G., Chu, Y., Weber, A. & Andrews, J. (2009). Variability in baseball pitching biomechanics among various levels of competition. Sports Biomechanics, 8(1), 10-21.
- Fleisig, G. S., Kingsley, D. S., Loftice, J. W., Dinnen, K. P., Ranganathan, R., Dun, S. ... & Andrews, J. R. (2006). Kinetic comparison among the fastball, curveball, change-up, and slider in collegiate baseball pitchers. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 34(3), 423-430.
- Hay, J. G. (1993). The Biomechanics of Sports Techniques. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Kim, J. J. (2014). What is baseball catcher doing? Seoul: Brain Store.
- Kim, J. M. & Chen, Y. J. (2010). Comparative Analysis of Baseball Catcher's Throwing by Catching Patterns. The Korean Society of Sports Science, 19(4), 1469-1478.
- Kim, J. M. & Lee, Y. S. (2007) Comparative Analysis of Baseball Catcher's Throwing by Skill Level. International Journal of Coaching Science, 9(2), 225-235.
- Kim, J. T., Lee, S. S. & Rhyu, H. S. (2014). Effects of Shoulder Static Stretching on Pitching Velocity, Flexibility, Musculoskeletal Pain and Neuromuscular Fatigue in High School Baseball Players. Korean Acadaemy of Kinesiology, 16(1), 63-73(11 pages).
- Lee, Y. S., Kim, Y. R. & Lim, T. H. (2015). Conceptual Exploration for Baseball Performance Analysis Assessment. The Korean Society of Sports Science, 24(3), 535-546.
- Nissen, C. W., Westwell, M., Ounpuu, S., Patel, M., Solomito, M. & Tate, J. (2009). A biomechanical comparison of the fastball and curveball in adolescent baseball pitchers. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 37(8), 1492-1498.
- Mccarver, T. & Peary, D. (1999). Tim McCarver's Baseball for Brain Surgeons and Other Fans: Understanding and Interpreting the Game So You Can Watch it Like a Pro. Villard Books.
- Plummer, H. & Oliver, G. D (2013). Quantitative analysis of kinematics and kinetics of catchers throwing to second base. Journal of Sports Sciences, 31(10), 1108-1116.
- Stodden, D. F., Fleisig, G. S., McLean, S. P. & Andrews, J. R. (2005). Relationship of biomechanical factors to baseball pitching velocity: within pitcher variation. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 21(1), 44-56.