- Volume 36 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sliding Wear Behavior of Carbon Steel in changing Sliding Speed (Effects of Mild Wear Mode Test on subsequent Severe Wear Behavior)
미끄럼 속도변화에 따른 철강재료의 미끄럼 마모거동 (중마모 거동에 미치는 연마모 도입시험의 영향)
- Lee, Han-Young (Dept. of Advanced Materials Engineering, Keimyung University)
- 이한영 (계명대학교 신소재공학과)
- Received : 2020.04.20
- Accepted : 2020.05.18
- Published : 2020.06.30
In this study, the effect of the pre-mild wear mode test condition on the subsequent severe wear behavior of carbon steel has been investigated when the wear mode is varied according to the sliding speed change during sliding contact. Two sliding speeds of 0.3 m/s and 3 m/s for the mild wear mode test have been chosen and a sliding speed of 1 m/s for the severe wear mode test. A mild wear mode test at two different sliding speeds has been carried out during the severe wear mode test and total sliding distance of the mild wear mode test has been changed at this time. As a result, it could be found that the wear rate of carbon steel under the severe wear mode test after performing a pre-mild wear mode test is significantly reduced, compared with that before performing. However, its wear rate was slightly higher than that under the mild wear mode test. Oxides produced during the pre-mild wear mode test have been found to play a significant role in reducing the wear rate under the subsequent severe wear mode test. In particular, it was found that the effect of a pre-mild wear mode test performed at the sliding speed of 3 m/s has more rapid and the reduction in the wear rate was greater than thst at the sliding speed of 0.3 m/s.
- Sasada, N., "Generaloties in wear behavior", Preceeding of 5th wear symposium. JPN Soc. Lubr. Eng., pp.21-30, 1973.
- Rabinowictz, E, Friction and wear of materials, Chap.6, pp.143, John Wiley & Son Inc., 1995. (ISBN 0-471-83084-4)
- Hutchings, I. M., Tribology, chap.5, pp.77, CRC press, 1992.(ISBN 0-8493-7764-1)
- Karl-Heinz zum Gahr, Microstructure and wear of materials, chap.6, pp.378, Elsevier, 1987.(ISBN 0-444-42754-6)
- Endo, Y., Fukuda, Y., Toyota, H., "The wear of steel in lubricating oil under varying load", J. of the JPN Society of Mechanical Engineer, Vol.34, pp.1769-1775, 1968.
- Endo, Y. Surface science, chap.4, pp.64, Youkendo Book Co. Japan, 1985.
- Lee, H.-Y., "Analysis of sliding wear mode on annealed steel by X-ray diffraction technique", Wear, Vol. 256, Issues 7-8, pp.657-663, 2004.
- Lee, H.-Y., "Analysis of Sliding wear behavior of mild steel according to hardness of dissimilar mating materials", J. Korean Soc. Tribol. Lubr. Eng., Vol.32, No.6, pp.195-200, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9725/kstle.2016.32.6.195
- Welsh, N.C., "The dry wear of steel I. the general pattern of behavior", Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London, Series A, Vol.257, pp.31-50, 1965.
- Welsh, N.C., "The dry wear of steel II. the general pattern of behavior", Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London, Series A, Vol.257, pp.51-70, 1965.
- Lee, H.-Y., "Effect of changing sliding speed on wear behavior of mild carbon steel", Metals and Materials International, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/ s12540-019-00417-w