- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Color Mind Expression Program on the Psychological Mindedness of University Students
색채마음표현 프로그램이 대학생의 심리적 마음상태에 미치는 효과
- Baek, Hyeon-Gi (The Institute of Mind Humanities, Wonkwang University) ;
- Yun, Ji-Won (The Institute of Japanese Studies, Dankook University) ;
- Ha, Tai-Hyun (Department of Fire and Disaster Prevention, Woosuk University)
- 백현기 (원광대학교 마음인문연구소) ;
- 윤지원 (단국대학교 일본연구소) ;
- 하태현 (우석대학교 소방방재학과)
- Received : 2020.06.03
- Accepted : 2020.06.20
- Published : 2020.06.30
In addition to education, the effects of color on humans have been studied in various areas such as human emotions, behaviors, and relationships between bodies. This study is based on the assumption that the color expression of University students can be observed to understand the inner and inclinations of University students, and that color expression activities can be a means of psychological expression, self-expression, and emotional relief. This study is aimed to find how much the color mind expression program effects the psychological mind state of University students. As a result of the study, the color mind expression program influenced the expression of inner feelings and emotions of University students, and had a positive effect on color psychology and utilization. In addition, overall, the color mind expression program was effective in positive and psychological recovery of negative emotions, such as being able to honestly express the difficulties felt in the process of preparing for employment.
- Clark L. Color Therapy. Devin-Adair Pub; 1975 Jun 1.
- Kim MK. Color therapy through cases. Seoul: Hakrim; 2010.
- Birren F. Color psychology and color therapy; a factual study of the influence of color on human life. Pickle Partners Publishing; 2016 Mar 28.
- Rhinehart L, Engelhorn P. Pre-image considerations as a therapeutic process. The Arts in Psychotherapy. 1982.
- Oh HS.(2006). The Psychological Effect of Color Therapy in Picaso's Works, Korean Journal of Art Therapy,13(2),405-428
- Hong GJ, Kim SM, Lee BC, Yi DH, An SK.(2009). The Effect of Color Therapy on Stress and Electroencephalogram Variation. Korean Journal of Aesthetics and Cosmetology,7(1), 51-59.
- Conte HR, Ratto R, Karasu TB.(1996). The Psychological Mindedness Scale: Factor structure and relationship to outcome of psychotherapy. The Journal of psychotherapy practice and research. 5(3), 250.
- Grant AM.(2001). Rethinking psychological mindedness: Metacognition, self-reflection, and insight. Behaviour Change,18(1), 8-17. https://doi.org/10.1375/bech.18.1.8
- McCallum M, Piper WE. Psychological mindedness and emotional intelligence. In R. Bar-On & J.D.A. Parker (Eds.), The handbook of emotional intelligence 2000. (pp. 118-135). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Shill MA, Lumley MA.(2002). The Psychological Mindedness Scale: Factor structure, convergent validity and gender in a non‐psychiatric sample. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 75(2), 131-50. https://doi.org/10.1348/147608302169607
- Kim, S.H., Kim, J.P., Lim, J.H.(2012). Release of Psychological or Physical Stress According to Color(light) Environment in Art Therapy, The Korean Arts Psychotherapy Association, 19(3),619-636
- Hong EJ, Yun JY, Kim HE, Song YO.(2012). Study on the Relationship between University Students' Color Preference and Their Level of Optimism, Journal of Arts Psychotherapy, 8(3), 1-21.