- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Flow Handover Management Scheme based on QoS in SDN Considering IoT
IoT를 고려한 SDN에서 QoS 기반 플로우 핸드오버 관리 방법
- Kyung, Yeun-Woong (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanshin University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Kook (Department of Information, Communications & Software Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2020.02.20
- Accepted : 2020.03.23
- Published : 2020.06.30
In this paper, we propose a QoS-based handover management scheme in SDN. Even though there have been lots of recent services such as IoT, the conventional networks provide a monolitic handover method without considerations on flow-specific QoS features. For example, the conventional Internet provides a handover method which only considers IP continuity. On the other hand, 4G and 5G networks use a strict handover method for all kinds of flows with resource reservations. This means that it is difficult to guarantee the QoS requirements for the flow with a strict QoS requirement in Internet and the inefficient resource utilization can occur in the 4G and 5G because of the strict QoS-based handover management. The proposed scheme proposes the flow handover management scheme based on QoS requirements according to the SDN controller's management. From the network operators' perspective, the proposed scheme can provide the efficient resource utilization as well as QoS provisioning.
- D.W.Lee, K.Cho, and S.H.Lee, "Analysis on Smart Factory in IoT Environment," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-5, 2019.
- K.B.Jan,g, "A study on IoT platform for private electrical facilities management," Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.103-110, 2019. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2019.5.2.103
- D.G.Kim, H.S.Lee, S.Y.Kim, T.W.Kim, H.W.Lee, "LBS/GPS based Bicycle Safety Application with Arduino", Journal of The Korea Internet of Things Society, Vol.2, No.1, pp.7-15, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20465/KIOTS.2016.2.1.007
- J.Lee, Z.Yan, and I.You, "Enhancing QoS of Mobile Devices by a New Handover Process in PMIPv6 Networks," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol.61, pp.591-602, 2011.
- A.Magnano, X.Fei, A.Boukerche, and A.Loureiro, "A Novel Predictive Handover Protocol for Mobile IP in Vehicular Networks," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Networks, Vol.65, No.10, pp.8476-8495, 2016.
- 3GPP TS 36.300 v.15.8.0 Release 13, LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); Overall description; Stage 2, 2020.
- M.Tayyab, X.Gelabert, and R.Jantti, "A Survey on Handover Management: From LTE to NR," IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp.118907-118930, 2019.
- V.Yazici, U.C.Kozat, and M.O.Sunay, "A New control Plane for 5G Network Architecture with a Case Study on Unified Handoff, Mobility, and Routing Management," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.52, No.11, pp.76-85, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2014.6957146
- Y.W.Kyung, T.M.Nguyen, K.W.Hong, J.K.Park, and J.W.Park, "Software Defined Service Migration through Legacy Service Integration into 4G Networks and Future Evolutions," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.53, No.9, pp.108-114, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2015.7263353
- OpenFlow switch specification 1.5.1, [Online]. Available: https://www.opennetworking.org/images/stories/downloads/sdn-resources/onf-specifications/openflow/openflow-switch-v1.5.1.pdf, 2015.
- A.Doria et al., Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Protocol Specification. [Online]. Available: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5810
- K.Yap, T.Huang, M.Kobayashi, M.Chen, R.Sherwood, G.Parulkar, and N.McKeown, "Lossless Handover with n-casting between WiFi-WiMAX on OpenRoads," in Proc. ACM MOBICOMM, Vol.3, pp.40-52, 2009.
- S.Gundavelli, K.Leung, V.Devarapalli, K.Chowdhury, and B.Patil, (2008). Proxy mobile IPv6. IETF RFC5213.
- Y.Wang, J.Bi, and K.Zhang, "Design and Implementation of a Software-Defined Mobility Architecture for IP Networks," Springer Mobile Networks and Applications, Vol.20, pp.40-52, 2015.
- S.M.Raza, D.S.Kim, D.Shin, and H.Choo, "Leveraging Proxy Mobile IPv6 with SDN," Journal of Communications and Networks, Vol.18, No.3, pp.460-475, 2016.
- Y.W.Kyung, S.H.Park, and J.W.Park, "SDN/NFV-based Scalable Mobile Service Integration for Gradual Network Evolution," Journal of Communications and Networks, Vol.19, No.6, pp.569-576, 2017.
- H.Ko, I.S.Jang, J.W.Lee, S.H.Pack, and G.W.Lee, "SDN-based distributed mobility management for 5G," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), pp.116-117, 2017.
- Y.W.Kyung and J.W.Park, "Prioritized admission control with load distribution over multiple controllers for scalable SDN-based mobile networks," Springer Wireless Networks, Vol 25, pp.2963-2975, 2019.
- B.K.J.A-Shammari, N.A-Aboody, H.S.A-Raweshidy and B.A-Shammari, "IoT Traffic Management and Integration in the QoS Supported Network," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol.5, No.1, pp.352-370, 2018.