- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Quantitative Fluctuation and Species Composition of the Fish by Bottom Trawl in the Middle of Yellow Sea, Korea
황해 중부에서 저층 트롤에 어획된 어류의 종조성 및 양적변동
- Joo, Hyun (Korea Fisheries Resources Agency) ;
- Chu, Bora (Korea Ecology Institute Co., Ltd) ;
- Lee, Seonghoon (Department of Fishery, Marine, Industry, Tourism, and Leisure, Chonnam National University) ;
- Yu, Taesik (Department of Fisheries Sciences, Chonnam National University) ;
- Han, Kyeongho (Department of Fisheries Sciences, Chonnam National University)
- 주현 (한국수산자원공단) ;
- 추보라 (한국생태연구원(주)) ;
- 이성훈 (전남대학교, 수산해양산업관광레저융합학과) ;
- 유태식 (전남대학교, 수산과학과) ;
- 한경호 (전남대학교, 수산과학과)
- Received : 2020.05.13
- Accepted : 2020.06.09
- Published : 2020.06.30
Fish, caught by bottom trawling in the middle of the Yellow sea (east of Korea), in the spring and summer of 2016 were assessed for species composition and fluctuation in their abundance. The fish were studied at four research stations (St.) and were found to be composed of 46 species, 31 families, and 14 orders. The dominant species caught were Engraulis japonicus, Larimichthys polyactis, Johnius grypotus, Liparis tanakae, and Larimicthys crocea. All the species were assessed for their numbers, richness, diversity, and dominance to gain a measure of the biodiversity. The highest number of individuals was recorded at St. 4 (50,053 individuals), while the lowest number of individuals was recorded at St. 1 (44,090 individuals). The evenness index was the highest at St. 2 (E = 0.65) and lowest at St. 3 (E = 0.62). The diversity index was the highest at St. 4 (H' = 2.31) and lowest at St. 3 (H' = 2.23). Furthermore, the dominance index was the highest at St. 3 (D = 54.9%) and lowest at St. 2 (D = 47.7%).
- Lee, C.L. 1994. A review on the fish fauna of the Yellow Sea. Korean J. Ichthyol. 6, 172-192.
- Lim, Y.J. 2007. Species composition and abundance of fish collected by otter trawl in the Eastern Yellow sea. Ph D dissertation of department of Ocean Sciences, Inha University, Incheon, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, H.B., Kang, D.H. and Kim, W.S. 2011. Biological sound scattering layer around the Yellow Sea bottom cold water, Korea. 한국해양과학기술협의회 공동학술대회, Busan, Korea, Jun. 2-3 2011, pp. 193-196.
- Koh, E.H., Joo, H.W., Lee, D.W., Cha, H.K. and Choi, J.H. 2016. Community composition and distribution of fish species collected by bottom trawl from the middle of the Yellow Sea in summer (2008-2014). Korean J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 49, 849-855.
- Jeong, S.B., Hwang, D.J., Kim, Y.J., Shin, H.H., Yoon, Y.H., Soh, H.Y. and Kim, E.H. 2006. Species composition of the catches collected by a bottom trawl in the southern waters of Yellow Sea in summer, 2003 to 2005. Bull. Fish. Sci. Inst., Chonnam Nat'l Univ. 14, 23-33.
- Kim, I.S., Choi, Y., Lee, C.L., Lee, Y.J., Kim, B.J. and Kim, J.H. 2005. Illustrated book of Korea fishes. Kyohak Publishing Co., Seoul, Republic of Korea, 1-615.
- Nelson, J.S., Grande, T.C. and Wilson, M.V.H. 2016. Fishes of the world 5th ed. John & Wiley & Sons, New York, USA, pp 1-707.
- National species list of Korea. 2018. National Institute of Biological Resources, online at http://kbr.go.kr, accessed on (date of access)
- Clarke, K.R. and Warwick, R.M. 1994. Changes in marine communities: an approach to statistical analysis and interpretation, Natural Environment Research Council. Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Plymouth, UK, pp 1-144.
- Iversen, S.A., Zhu, D., Johannenssen, A. and Toresen, R. 1993. Stock size, distritbution and biology of anchovy in the Yellow Sea and East China Sea. Fish. Res., 16, 147-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(93)90049-D
- Jin, X., Xu, B. and Tang, Q. 2003. Fish assemblage structure in the East China Sea and Southern Yellow Sea during autumn and spring. Journal of Fish Biology, 62, 1194-1205. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1095-8649.2003.00116.x
- Xu, B. and Jin, X. 2005. Variation in fish community structure during winter in the Southern Yellow Sea over the period 1985-2002. Fish. Res., 71, 79-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2004.07.011