- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Proactive Caching Strategy Based on Optimal Content Distribution in Content Centric Vehicular Networks
차량 네트워크에서 최적의 컨텐츠 분배 기반의 사전 캐싱 방안
- Received : 2019.12.23
- Accepted : 2020.01.16
- Published : 2020.06.30
In vehicular communications environment, content pre-caching can reduce the delay time from the user to the content server. However, the problem of where and how much pre-caching is still not solved. In this paper, based on the movement probability of the vehicle, we propose a method for pre-caching by distributing the optimized amount of content to each base station candidate that the vehicle will move as follows. First, the movement probability of each vehicle was learned using Markov Model. And the amount of content to be distributed and pre-cached was optimized based on the wireless environment. In experiments based on NS-3, the proposed strategy maintained the least delay compared to the existing protocol, leading to the most traffic-saving results.
- Cisco, Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2013-2018, Jun. 2014, White Paper. [Online]. Available: http://www.cisco.com/go/vni
- Y. Rao, H. Zhou, D. Gao, H. Luo, and Y. Liu, "Proactive caching for enhancing user-side mobility support in named data networking," in Proc. Int. Conf. Innov. Mobile Internet Services Ubiquitous Comput., Jul. 2013, pp.37-42.
- V. Jacobson, D. K. Smetters, J. D. Thornton, M. F. Plass, N. H. Briggs, and R. L. Braynard, "Networking named content," Proc. ACM CoNEXT 2009, Rome, Italy, Dec. 2009.
- M. Ohtani, K. Tsukamoto, Y. Koizumi, H. Ohsaki, M. Imase, K. Hato, and J. Murayama "VCCN: Virtual content-centric networking for realizing group-based communication," Proc. IEEE ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 3476-3480, Jun. 2013.
- N. Abani, T. Braun, and M. Gerla, "Proactive caching with mobility prediction under uncertainty in information-centric networks," Proc. of the 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2017), pp.88-97, Sep. 2017.
- H. Khelifi, S. Luo, B. Nour, A. Sellami, H. Moungla, and F. Nalt-Abdesselam, "An optimized proactive caching scheme based on mobility prediction for vehicular networks," IEEE Global Communications Conference, pp.1-6, 2018.
- S. Park, S. Oh, Y. Nam, J. Bang, and E. Lee, "Mobility-aware distributed proactive caching in content-centric vehicular networks," 2019 12th IFIP Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference (WMNC), Paris, France, pp.175-180, 2019.
- S. Gambs, M.-O. Killijian, and M. N. del Prado Cortez, "Next place prediction using mobility markov chains," Proc. of the 1st ACM Workshop on Measurement Privacy and Mobility, pp.1-6, Apr. 2012.
- "IEEE Std," IEEE standard for information technology- local and metropolitan area networks - Specific requirements- Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications Amendment 6: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments, pp.1-51, Jul. 2010.
- NS-3, [online] Available: http://www.nsnam.org/.
- C. E. Shannon, "A Mathematical Theory of Communication," The Bell System Technical Journal, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 379-423, Jul. 1948. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x