- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Feasibility Study for Measuring Seismic Acceleration and Building Seismological Observatory
지진가속도 계측 및 지진관측소 구축 타당성 연구
- Han, Sang-Mok (KIGAM) ;
- Woo, Nam-Sub (KIGAM) ;
- Ha, Ji-Ho (KIGAM) ;
- Kim, Tea Woo (KIGAM) ;
- Lee, Wang-Do (KIGAM) ;
- Kim, Ki-Seog (Heesong Geotek Co.,Ltd.) ;
- Yang, Jae-Yeol (Heesong Geotek Co.,Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Young-Ju (KIGAM)
- 한상목 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실) ;
- 우남섭 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실) ;
- 하지호 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실) ;
- 김태우 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실) ;
- 이왕도 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실) ;
- 김기석 ((주)희송지오텍) ;
- 양재열 ((주)희송지오텍) ;
- 김영주 (한국지질자원연구원, 자원개발플랜트 연구실)
- Received : 2020.05.06
- Accepted : 2020.06.03
- Published : 2020.06.30
Therefore, it was agreed that an earthquake monitoring station should be set up within the site of Handong University by analyzing drilling data and Disaster such as earthquakes is urgently needed to prepare for earthquakes in that people's lives and national development depend on the nation's ability to manage disasters. Many experts say that the Korean Peninsula is also under the influence of earthquakes and is not a safe zone for earthquakes. A seismological observatory will be established in Pohang to monitor ground sensors and study seismic characteristics through the task of "Development of Smart Sensor-based Intelligent Information Platform in Earthquake Region." Therefore, it was agreed to set up a seismological observatory within the site of Handong University by analyzing drilling data and conducting on-site surveys in northern Pohang, which were heavily damaged by liquefaction and earthquakes. In this study, it was decided to make a comprehensive judgment by considering the geological characteristics of the site, whether it can perform functions, and the convenience of construction and maintenance for the final site of the seismological observatory discussed with Handong University. After completing a feasibility review on selecting a site for Handong University, we will establish a seismological observatory and actively utilize it for seismic research using data from alarm issuance and seismic data in the event of a future earthquake.
- Summary Report of the Korean Government Commission on Relations between the 2017 Pohang Earthquake and EGS Project, The Geological Society of Korea, (2019).
- K. H. Kim, J. H. Ree, Y. Kim, S. Kim, S. Y. Kang,, and W. Seo, "Assessing whether the 2017 MW 5.4 Pohang earthquake in South Korea was an induced event," Science, vol. 360, pp. 1007-1009, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aat6081
- GSK (The Geological Society of Korea), Geology of Korea. pp. 802(in Korean), (1998).
- K. H. Chang, K. Suzuki, S. O. Parka, K. Ish ida, a nd K. Uno, "Recent advances in the Cretaceous stratigraphy of Korea. "Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, vol. 21, pp. 937-948, (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1367-9120(02)00142-6
- S. K. Chough, and Y. K. Sohn, "Tectonic and sedimentary evolution of a Cretaceous continental arc-backarc system in the Korean Peninsula: new view," Earth-Science Reviews, vol. 101, pp. 225-249, (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.earscirev.2010.05.004
- Y. K. Sohn, and M. Son, " Synrift stratigraphic geometry in a transfer zone coarse-grained delta complex Miocene Pohang Basin, SE Korea," Sedimentology, vol. 51, pp. 1387-1408, (2004). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3091.2004.00679.x
- C. W. Song, "Study for the evolution of the Miocene Pohang Basin by the analysis of the structural characteristics, "Ph. D. thesis, Pusan National University, pp. 144 (in Korean with English abstract), (2015).
- M. Son, C. W. Song, M. C. Kim, Y. Cheon, H. Cho, and Y. K. Sohn, "Miocene tectonic evolution of the basins and fault systems, SE Korea: dextral, simple shear during the East Sea (Sea of Japan) opening, "Journal of the Geological Society, vol. 172, pp. 664-680, (2015). https://doi.org/10.1144/jgs2014-079
- M. Son, H. Y. Chong, and I. S. Kim, "Geology and geological structures in the vicinities of the southern part of the Yonil Tectonic Line, SE Korea, " Journal of the Geological Society of Korea, vol. 38, pp. 175-197 (in Korean with English abstract), (2015).
- Y. Cheon, M. Son, C. W. Song, J. S. Kim, and T. K. Sohn, "Geometry and kinematics of the Ocheon Fault System along the boundary between the Miocene Pohang and Janggi basins, SE Korea, and its tectonic implication," Geosciences Journal, vol. 16, pp. 253-273, (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12303-012-0029-0
- H. S. Yun,, "Emended stratigraphy of the miocene formations in the Pohang Basin, Part II: South of the Hyongsan Fault, "Journal of the Paleontological Society of Korea, vol. 10, pp. 99-116, (1994).
- Geological Survey Report of Handong University, DAEHA Geology, (2018).