- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Ceiling Type Air Conditioner on Sprinkler Head Operation
천장형 에어컨이 스프링클러 헤드 작동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Yi, Sunyoung (Graduate School, Department of Fire Protection Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Yoon, Myong O (Department of Disaster Science, University of Seoul) ;
- Lee, Youngju (Department of Fire Protection, University of Seoul) ;
- Lee, Jun (Dept. of Road Transport, Center for National Transport Safety)
- Received : 2019.10.31
- Accepted : 2020.01.20
- Published : 2020.03.31
This paper analyzes the effect of airflow of ceiling air conditioner on the operation of sprinkler head using a simulation program. The simulation space is 10 m × 7 m × 3 m, and the size of the fire is 0.8 m × 0.8 m × 0.6 m. The cold air flow from the air conditioner is at 25℃ and the wind speed is divided into three cases : 10 ㎧, 8.5 ㎧, and 7.5 ㎧. Simulation results show that all cases had operating delays compared to when the air conditioner was not running, and the sprinkler head did not operate until 10 minutes had elapsed at 10 ㎧ wind speed. These results confirmed that the sprinkler head was delayed in the air conditioning space and the worst result of early evolution failure was observed in strong winds such as 10 ㎧.
- Choi, M. -S. (2019). A Study on the Response Characteristics of Fire Detector in Ceiling Air Conditioning Environment, Doctoral dissertation in Seoul National Univ. of Science and Technology.
- Choi, M. -S. and Lee, K. -O. (2018). Study on Influence of Air Flow of Ceiling Type Air Conditioner on Fire Detector Response. Journal of Fire Science Engineering. 32(5): 40-45.
- Jang, H. D., Lee, D. H., and Lee, J. H. (2011). A Study on the Indoor Flow According to Vane Angle of Square Ceiling Type Louver Diffuser. Journal of The Korea Society of Mechanical Engineering. 2011(10): 1457-1461.
- National Fire Agency (2016). NFSC 203.
- Yeo, Y. -J. (2006). Fire Protection Systems Engineering : Sprinkler System. Korea Fire Safety Laboratory.