- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Accuracy Evaluation of 3D Slope Model Produced by Drone Taken Images
드론 촬영으로 작성한 비탈면 3차원 모델의 품질 분석
- Kang, Inkyu (Vniel Consultant Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Taesik (Department of Civil Engineering, Hongik University)
- Received : 2020.04.04
- Accepted : 2020.05.05
- Published : 2020.06.01
In the era of the fourth industrial revolution, drones are being used in various civil engineering fields. Currently, the construction and maintenance of slopes are generally managed by manpower. This method has a risk of safety accidents, and it is difficult to accurately evaluate the slope because it is difficult to secure the vision. In this paper, the effects of RTK and GCP on the 3D model of the slope were studied by using digital images taken by the drone. GNSS coordinates were measured for nine points to compare the quality of the slope 3D model, three points of which were used as the check points and the remaining points were used as GCPs. When making the 3D model of the slope using high-accuracy geotagging images using RTK, it was found that the error at the check point decreases as the number of GCP increases. Even if GNSS was used, it was found that the error at the check points of the 3D slope model was not significant when the GCPs were applied. However, it was found that even if high-accuracy geotagging images are used using the RTK module, a significant error occur when the 3D slope model is created without applying GCPs. Therefore, it can be stated that GCP must be applied to create the 3D slope model in which information about the height as well as plane information is important.
- Barba, S., Barbarella, M., Benedetto, A., Fiani, M., Gujski, L. and Limongiello, M. (2019), Accuracy assessment of 3D photogrammetric models from an unmanned aerial vehicle, Drone, Vol. 3, No. 79, pp. 1-19.
- Bryson, M., Duce, S., Harris, D., Webster, J. M., Thompson, A., Vila-Concejo, A. and Williams, S. B. (2016), Geomorphic changes of a coral shingle cay measured using Kite Aerial Photography, Geomorphology, Vol. 270, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2016.06.018
- Lowe, David G. (1999), Object recognition from local scaleinvariant features, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision, Vol. 2, pp. 1150-1157.
- No, S-J, Han, J-h. and Kwon, J. H. (2012), Accuracy analysis of network-RTK (VRS) for real time kinematic positioning, Korea Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry, and Cartography, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 389-396 (In Korean). https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2012.30.4.389
- Ulman, S. (1979), The interpretation of structure from motion, Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Vol. 203, No. 1153, pp. 405-426.
- Vasuki, Y., Holden, E-J, Kovesi, P. and Micklethwaite, S. (2014), Semi-automatic mapping of geological structures using UAV-based photogrammtric data: An iamge analysis approach, Computers and Geosciences, Vol. 69, No. 1, pp. 22-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2014.04.012
- Xiao, Y., Kamat, V. R. and Lee, S. (2018), Monitoring excavation slope stability using drones, ASCE, Construction Research Congress 2018, pp. 169-179.