- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Breast Type Classification & Discrimination Using Manual Measurement- Focusing on Korean Women in Their 20s -
- Sohn, Boo-Hyun (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2020.03.16
- Accepted : 2020.04.24
- Published : 2020.05.29
The manual measurements of 182 unmarried women subjects in their 20s was classified 4-breast types. For the breast type classification, 4 factors were identified, such as overall breast factor, upper breast internal shape factor, breast volume factor, and lower breast external shape factor. The breast shapes were 'breast with well-grown upper part', 'flat breast', 'breast with well-grown lower part', and 'protruded breast'. The breast types can be differentiated in 10 items of actual anthropometric dimension the length between frontal neck point and nipple point, length between lateral neck point and nipple point, length between the breast inner points, nipple to nipple breadth, diameter below the breast, inner depth of breast, outer length of breast, length below the breast, length between breast outer point and upper breast point, and contour line length below the breast.
- Kweon, S. A., Sohn, B. H., "A Study on the Brassiere Cup Dimension & Breast Type Classification Based on the Breast Circumference and Volume." International Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp.25-34, 2011. DOI: 10.6115
- Park, Y. S., "A Study on the Brassiere Dimension Setting and Clothing Pressure for the Women in Their 20s. Doctorate thesis". Sejong University; 2002.
- Ban, H. W., Choi, J. M., Kweon, S. A., Sohn, B. H., "A Study on the Wear of Brassiere and Preference for Brassiere Among the Female University Students." Korean Association of Human Ecology, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp.1093-1101, 2009, DOI: 10.5934. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.5.1093
- Kim, J. H., Lee, S. Y., Hong, G. H., "Development of Emotional Brassiere for the Middle-aged Women (Volume I) - Identification of Product Design Factors Based on the Analysis of Consumers' Requirements." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp.714-723, 2000, DOI: 10.5850.
- Lee, K. H., Kim, J. H., "Wear Comfort and Effect of the Brassiere Available in the Market", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp.69-79, 2001. DOI: 10.5850.
- Lee, K. M., Choi, H. S., "A Study on the Measurement of Breast Volume and Anthropometric Measurement: Focusing on the Middle-aged Women". International Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 38, No. 12, pp.246-256, 2000, DOI: 10.6115.
- Pechter, E. A.. "A New Method for Determining Bra Size & Predicting Post Augmentation Breast Size". Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 102, No. 4, pp.1259-1265, 1998, DOI: 10.1186. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006534-199809020-00056
- KS A ISO 8559, Anthropometry for the Design of Clothes. Korean Standards Association. Reference no. 8559-2008. KS A ISO, Korean, 2008.
- Han, T. T., Song, H. K., Lee, K. S., "Classification of Breast Shape of Women Aged 11-15 Using 3D Body Scan Data." Fashion & Textile Research Journal, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp.786-794, 2017, DOI:10.5805. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2017.19.6.786
- Kim, J. M., Kim, H. S., "Analysis of Breast Shapes through the Utilization of 3D Scan Data: A Focus on Women in the Early." Family and Environment Research, Vol. 52, No. 5, pp.509-518, 2014, DOI:10.6115. https://doi.org/10.6115/fer.2014.043
- KS A ISO 7250, Anthropometry for Ergonomic Design. Korean Standards Association. Reference no. 7250-2008. KS A ISO, Korean, 2008.
- Lee, H. Y., Hong, K. H., "A Study on the Methodology for the Analysis of Three-dimensional Breast Shape of Middle-aged Women." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp.703-714, 2002, DOI: 10.5850.
- Im, J. Y., "Establishment of Brassiere Dimension System Based on the Breast Shape for the Improvement of Wear Functionality." International Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 41, No. 6, pp.119-129, 2003, DOI: 10.6115.
- Jo, E. J., Sohn, H. S., "An Investigative Study on the Shape of Small Breast of Women in Their 20s." Research Journal of the Costume Culture, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.11-18, 2001. DOI: 10.7741.
- Sohn, B. H., Kweon, S. A., "A Study on the Desirable Breast Shape of Women in Their 20s and Design of Cup by Breast Type Based on the Silhouette Ratio of Fine Artworks." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp.280-291, 2013, DOI: 10.5850. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2013.37.3.280
- Sohn, H. J., "Lingerie patterns." Kyungchoonsa-Press. p.15, 2006.