- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Two species of Olethreutinae (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) new to Korea
- Sohn, Jae-Cheon (Department of Science Education, Gongju National University of Education) ;
- Choi, Sei-Woong (Department of Environmental Education, Mokpo National University)
- Received : 2020.02.12
- Accepted : 2020.03.24
- Published : 2020.05.31
The Korean Olethreutinae comprises 277 species. In this study, two species of Olethreutinae: Hedya corni Oku, 1974 and Epinotia salicicolana Kuznetzov, 1968, are reported for the first time from Korea. Our records of Hedya corni are based on three specimens in both sexes from Islands Bogildo and Geojedo. The Korean record of Epinotia salicicolana is based on one male specimen from Muan-gun. The present records of Hedya corni represent the first occurrence out of Japan. Hedya corni is similar to Hedya inornata (Walsingham) but differs from the latter in having the reddish brown forewings. Epinotia salicicolana is similar to Epinotia solandriana (Linnaeus) but differs from the latter in having the smaller dorsal patch on the forewing. Habitus and genitalia of the two olethreutine species are illustrated and briefly described. Their bionomics and distribution are summarized. With our new records, the species numbers of the Korean Hedya and Epinotia are increased to 11 and 23, respectively.
- Kuznetzov, V.I. 1968. New leaf-rollers (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) of the Kurile islands. Entomologicheskoe Obozrenie 47:567-588.
- Kuznetsov, V.I. 2001. Tortricidae. In: P.A. Ler (ed.), Key to the Insects of Russian Far East, Vol. V, Trichoptera and Lepidoptera, Pt. 3, Dal'nauka, Vladivostok. pp. 11-524.
- Nasu, Y. and F. Komai. 2013. Olethreutinae. In: Y. Nasu, T. Hirowatari and Y. Kishida (eds.), The Standard of Moths in Japan IV. Gakken Education Publishing, Tokyo. pp. 198-272.
- Oku, T. 1974. Some new species of Olethreutinae (Lepidoptera, Tortricidae) from Japan. Kontyu 42:127-132.
- Oku, T. 2003. Microlepidoptera of the Iwate Prefecture. Transactions of the Iwate Entomological Society, Supplement 2:1-157.
- Regier, J.C., J.W. Brown, C. Mitter, J. Baixeras, S. Cho, M.P. Cummings and A. Zwick. 2012. A molecular phylogeny for the leaf-roller moths (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) and its implications for classification and life history evolution. PLoS ONE 7:e35574. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0035574
- Sohn, J.-C. and S.-S. Kim. 2020. Five species of Olethreutinae (Lepidoptera, Tortricidae) new to Korea. Animal Systematics, Evolution and Diversity 36(1):55-59.
- Togashi, I. 1982. Notes on the food-plants of moths occurring in Ishikawa Prefecture (2). Japan Heterocerists' Journal 121:332-334.