- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
First report of Harmacloninae (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) in Korea
- Lee, Dong-June (Department of Life Sciences, Incheon National University) ;
- Ko, Jae-Ho (Department of Life Sciences, Incheon National University) ;
- Lee, Tak-Gi (Department of Life Sciences, Incheon National University) ;
- Cha, Yeong-Bin (Department of Life Sciences, Incheon National University) ;
- Bae, Yang-Seop (Department of Life Sciences, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2019.12.16
- Accepted : 2020.02.17
- Published : 2020.05.31
Previously, 33 species, 18 genera, eight subfamilies of the family Tineidae were reported in Korea. In this study detail a new record to Korea, species, Micrerethista denticulata Davis, 1998 in the subfamily Harmacloninae in Korea. This species is the most widespread species of the genus in southern Asia, ranging from Thailand through Indonesia to southern Japan but absent from New Guinea. Globally, Harmacloninae Davis, 1998 includes 22 species of two genera. The subfamily can be distinguished from the other Tineidae subfamilies by an additional wing locking mechanism, loss of pretarsal arolium and pseudempodial seta, tympanic organ in abdominal sternum II, enlargement of sternal apophyses, and aedeagus with basal midventral keel in male genitalia. The morphological characteristics of this subfamily and species are described, and illustrations of examined species and the key characters for each subfamilies of the family Tineidae from Korea are provided.
- Bradley, J.D. 1951. Notes on the Family Arrhenophanidae (Lepidoptera: Heteroneura), with Special Reference to the Morphology of the Genitalia, and Description of One New Genus and Two New Species. The Entomologist 84:178-185.
- Busck, A. 1914. New Genera and Species of Microlepidoptera from Panama. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 47(2043):1-67. https://doi.org/10.5479/si.00963801.47-2043.1
- Byun, B.K., S.B. Shin, Y.S. Bae, D.S. Kim and Y.G. Choi. 2014. First discover of a cave-dwelling Tineid moth (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) from East Asia. Journal of Forestry Research 25(3):647-651. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11676-014-0503-9
- Davis, D.R. 1988. The Tineoid Complex: A Review of the Biology, Composition, and Phylogeny of the Most Primitive Ditrysian Moths [abstract]. Proceeding XVIII International Congress of Entomology. 79p.
- Davis, D.R. 1998. A World Classification of the Harmacloninae, a New Subfamily of Tineidae (Lepidoptera: Tineidae). Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology Number 597: 92pp.
- Fletcher, T.B. 1929. A List of the Generic Names Used for Microlepidoptera. Memoir of the Department of Agriculture in India, Entomological Series 11: 244p.
- Fletcher, T.B. 1933. Life-histories of Indian Microlepidoptera (Second Series): Cosmopterygidae to Neopseutidae. The Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, Scientific Monograph 4: 85p.
- Kim, S. and Y.S. Bae. 2007. A New Species of Psychoides Bruand (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) from Korea, with Some Biological Information. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology 10(1):21-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1226-8615(08)60326-X
- Lee, D.J., B.S. Park, S.M. Na, J.H. Ko, U. Bayarsaikhan and Y.S. Bae. 2017a. Checklist of the Genus Monopis (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) from Korea, with a New Recorded species, Monopis zagulajevi Gaedike. Korean Journal of Nature Conservation 11(1):106-109. https://doi.org/10.11624/KJNC.2017.11.1.106
- Lee, D.J., B.S. Park, S.M. Na, J.H. Ko, U. Bayarsaikhan and Y.S. Bae. 2017b. A Newly Recorded Genus Cephimallota (Lepidoptera, Tineidae, Myrmecozelinae) from Korea, with a New Recorded Species. Korean Journal of Nature Conservation 11(1):110-112. https://doi.org/10.11624/KJNC.2017.11.1.110
- Lee, D.J., U. Bayarsaikhan, S.M. Na, J.H. Ko, T.G. Lee and Y.S. Bae. 2018. Review of the stored product pest genus Nemapogon Schrank, 1802 (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) from Korea. Journal of Asia Pacific Biodiversity 11:554-559. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japb.2018.09.011
- Lee, D.J., Y.D. Ju, U. Bayarsaikhan, B.S. Park, S.M. Na, J.W. Kim, B.W. Lee and Y.S. Bae. 2016. First report on two species of genus Monopis (Lepidoptera, Tineidae) collected by feather trap in Korea. Journal of Asia Pacific Biodiversity 9:215-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.japb.2016.02.007
- Robinson, G.S. and E.S. Nielsen. 1993. Tineid genera of Australia (Lepidoptera), monographs on Australian Lepidoptera. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Publ. Melbourne. 344pp.
- Sohn, J.C. 2007. Faunastic contribution to the Korean Microlepidoptera and Pyralids (1)-40 species new Korea. Tinea 20(1):12-27.