- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on cognitive load of OM interface and eye movement experiment for nuclear power system
- Zhang, Jingling (College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Harbin Engineering University) ;
- Su, Daizhong (Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering Centre, School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, Nottingham Trent University) ;
- Zhuang, Yan (College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Harbin Engineering University) ;
- QIU, Furong (College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Harbin Engineering University)
- Received : 2019.03.10
- Accepted : 2019.06.21
- Published : 2020.01.25
The operation and monitoring (OM) interface is the digital medium between nuclear power system and operators. The cognitive load of OM interface has an important effect on the operation errors made by operator during OM task between operator and computer. The cognitive load model of OM interface is constructed for analysing the composition and influencing factors of OM interface cognitive load. And to study the coping strategies and methods for cognitive load of nuclear power system. An experiment method based on eye movement is proposed to measure the cognitive load of OM interface. Experiment case is carried out with 20 subjects and typical OM interface of a nuclear power system simulator. The OM interface is optimized based on the experiment results. And the results comparison between the original OM interface and the optimized OM interface shows that the cognitive load model and proposed method is valuable contributions in reducing the cognitive load and improving the interaction efficiency of OM tasks.
- Y.-T. Li, L. Zhang, H.-Q. JIA, "The study of the type of operation task and time pressure on cognitive load of digitized nuclear power plant operator's monitor behavior, Appl. Energy Tech. 6 (2016) 52-58.
- X.-F. Wu, S.-Z. ZHOU, How to reduce the cognitive load in interaction design, J. HUBEI Corres. Univ. 30 (8) (2017) 110-111.
- J. Park, W. Jung, A study on the validity of a task complexity measure for emergency operating procedures of nuclear power plants-comparing with a subjective workload, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 53 (5) (2006) 2962-2970. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2006.882149
- B. Kelvin, F. Iain, W. Louis, M. Eugene, Examining the relationship between visual attention and stated preferences: a discrete choice experiment using eye-tracking, J. Econ. Behav. Organ. 144 (2017) 238-257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2017.09.023
- C.l. Storto, Evaluating ecommerce websites cognitive efficiency: an integrative framework based on data envelopment analysis, Appl. Ergon. 44 (6) (2013) 1004-1014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2013.03.031
- J. Son, H. Oh, M. Park, Identification of driver cognitive workload using support vector machines with driving erformance, physiology and eye movement in a driving simulator, Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf. 14 (8) (2013) 1321-1327. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-013-0179-7
- F.-W. Wu, R. Fu, Z.-L. Niu, "Driver's fixation transition mode during lane changing process, J. Trans. Syst. Eng. Inf. Tech. 24 (2014) 68-73.
- J.-N. Sun, Kai Qiu, S.-T. Zhang, Evaluating method of product modeling design elements based on eye movement data, J. Mach. Des. 34 (10) (2017) 125-128.
- C.-H. Ha, J.-H. Kim, S-Jun Lee, Investigation on relationship between information flow rate and mental workload of accident diagnosis tasks in NPPs, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 53 (3) (2006) 1450-1459. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2006.874189
- W.-J. Hou, Y. Qin, Mobile typical interface structure based on eye-tracking browsing rules, J. Beijing Univ. Posts Telecommun. 16 (1) (2014) 25-30.
- R.-S. Sun, M. Wang, S. Dong, Analysis of gaze in simulated flight based on noncontact eye tracker, Chin. J. Ergonomic 9 (4) (2013) 51-55.
- Y.-T. Li, L. Zhang, H.-Q. JIA, The study of the type of operation task and time pressure on cognitive load of digitized nuclear power plant operator's monitor behavior, Appl. Energy Tech. (6) (2016) 52-57.
- X. Wang, S.-L. Sun, On the approach to measuring the air traffic controllers' cognitive load on account of the complexity of the air traffic, J. Saf. Environ. 18 (5) (2018) 1881-1885.
- C.-Y. Sun, Cognitive load measurement and its application in multimedia learning, Doctoral dissertation of Suzhou university, 2012, pp. 3-8.
- Y.-T. Li, L. Zhang, H.-Q. JIA, The study of the type of operation task and time pressure on cognitive load of digitized nuclear power plant operator's monitor behavior, Appl. Energy Tech. 6 (2016) 52-58.
- A. Murata, D. Fukunaga, Extended fitts' model of pointing time in eye-gaze input system-incorporating effects of target shape and movement direction into modeling, Appl. Ergon. 68 (2018) 54-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2017.10.019
- R. Barnes G, Cognitive processes involved in smooth pursuit eye movements, Brain Cogn. 68 (2008) 309-326. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bandc.2008.08.020
- J.S. Ha, Y.-J. Byon, J. Baek, P.H. Seong, Method for inference of operators' thoughts from eye movement data in nuclear power plants, Nucl. Eng. Tech. 48 (2016) 129-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.net.2015.09.004
- C.-W. Yanga, T.-L. Hsieha, S.-F. Linb, Operators'signal-detection performance in video display unit monitoring tasks of the main control room, Saf. Sci. 49 (10) (2011) 1309-1313. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2011.04.010
- J.L. Zhang, The Research of Digital Human-Computer Interface Evaluation Method of Operation and Monitoring System for Nuclear Power Plants, Harbin engineering university, 2014, pp. 111-112.