- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Phenomenological Study on the Individuation Process of the Middle Aged Women Experienced Severe Depression
우울증을 경험한 중년여성의 개성화과정에 관한 현상학 연구
- Received : 2020.03.29
- Accepted : 2020.04.22
- Published : 2020.04.30
Middle-aged women who have experienced the depression have been in pain for a long time. Depression in middle-aged women, which is rapidly increasing from their forties, has a problem that do not decrease in spite of various treatment methods. If the essential cause of depression in middle-aged women is due to the inability to detect the meaning of life because of the lack of the perception about the identity resulting from self-loss, a more qualitative research for a fundamental treatment method is required. The purpose of this study is to find out the essence and meaning of the experience of depression in middle-aged women and to help them to find their own selves through the process of individualization and to recover the whole health as well as to live as a self-transcendent being. Three Christian middle-aged women falling on critical and serious condition by BDI diagnosis were selected for the study. In-depth counseling and interviews were held from January to August 2018. In-depth counseling has provided detailed statements about the process of individualization of middle-aged women who have experienced depression, which applied 5 stages of Giorgi's Phenomenological Research Methodology. As a result, 261 semantic units and 11 sub-components were derived and structured by dividing them into two themes: depression experience and the process of individualization process, which are the subject group. This study has its significance in realizing essential meaning of pain by middle-aged women who experience depression and fundamentally preparing an opportunity to be cured through the process of individualization, as well as contributing for such middle-aged women to have abundant living by suggesting preventive measures to general middle-aged women who prepare for their old age.
- 이부영(2017). 분석심리학. 서울: 일조각.
- Freud, S. (1917). Mourning and Melancholia. Standard Edition, 14:243-60. London: Hogarth Press.
- 이재훈(2008). 대상관계이론에서 본 우울증과 영성: 클라인, 페어베언, 위니캇의 이론을 중심으로. 목회와 상담. 한국목회상담학회, 10, 95-116.
- 권석만(2016). 우울증, 침체와 절망의 늪. 서울: 학지사.
- Martin E. P. Seligman (1975). Helplessness: On Depression, Development, and Death. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman.
- 김예식(1998).생각 바꾸기를 통한 우울증 치료. 서울: 한국장로교출판사.
- Beck, A. T. (1961). A systematic investigation of depression. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 2.
- Josef Goldbrunner. (1966). Individuation: A Study of the Depth Psychology of Carl Gustav Jung. Indiana: Univ. of Notre Dame press.
- Jung, C. G. (1966). The Collected Works of C. G. Jung. 7: Two Essays on Analytical Psychology. London: Routledge.
- 河合隼雄(1971). コンプレックス. 위정훈 역 (2011). 콤플렉스 카페. 서울: 도서출판 파피에.
- 이유경(2018). 한국 민담의 여성성 서울: 분석심리학 연구소
- 이부영(1976). 자기와 자기실현 경기: 한길사.
- 김성민(2001). 악의 문제와 그 극복에 관한 고찰. 한국 기독교 신학 논총, 22(1), 373-406.
- Creswell, J. W. (2005). Educational Research: Planning,. Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative. Research. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.