- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seasonal Variations of De-icing Salt Ions Harvested from Soils and Plants according to the Salt Damage of Pinus densiflora f. multicaulis on Roadsides
가로변 반송 염해정도에 따른 토양 및 식물체 내 염류이온의 계절별 변화
- Lee, Jae-Man (Department of Green Technology Convergence, College of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Konkuk University) ;
- Park, Sun-Young (Department of Green Technology Convergence, College of Science and Technology, Graduate School of Konkuk University) ;
- Yoon, Yong-Han (Department of Green Technology Convergence, College of Science and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Ju, Jin-Hee (Department of Green Technology Convergence, College of Science and Technology, Konkuk University)
- 이재만 (건국대학교 대학원 녹색기술융합학과) ;
- 박선영 (건국대학교 대학원 녹색기술융합학과) ;
- 윤용한 (건국대학교 녹색기술융합학과) ;
- 주진희 (건국대학교 녹색기술융합학과)
- Received : 2020.02.20
- Accepted : 2020.03.12
- Published : 2020.04.30
This study was conducted to analyze seasonal variations of de-icing salt ions harvested from soils and plants according to salt damage of Pinus densiflora f. multicaulis, a evergreen conifer, on roadsides. Pinus densiflora f. multicaulis was divided into three groups referred to SD, ND, and WD (serious salt damage (SD) = 71-100%, normal salt damage (ND) = 31-70%, and weak salt damage (WD) = 0-30%) based on the degree of visible foliage damage, and measured acidity (pH), electrical conductivity(EC), and de-icing salt ions (K+, Ca2+, Na+, and Mg2+) harvested from soils and plants. The results indicated that acidity, electrical conductivity, and de-icing salt ions of soils and plants were significantly affected by seasonal variation and salt damage. In addition, a strong positive liner relationship was observed in plants between the concentration of de-icing salts and salt damage in spring, while the relationship among seasonal variation and salt damage in soil were not significant. The results from this study has important implications for the management of conifer species in relation to salinity and roadsides maintenance.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Choi, Y., Chiang, M. H., 2017, Effect of jasmonic acid and NaCl on the growth of spearmint (Mentha spicata L.), Journal of Bio-Environment Control, 26(2), 133-139. https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2017.26.2.133
- Cho, Y. I., Kang, H. S., Jeon, E. C., 2016, The effects of reactive nitrogen (nr) compounds on the acidification in soil and water environment ecosystems and the mitigation strategy, Korean J. Ecol. Environ., 49(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2016.49.1.001
- Ju, J. H., Yang, J., Park, S. Y., Yoon, Y. H., 2019, Assessing effects of calcium chloride (CaCl2) deicing salt on salt tolerance of Miscanthus sinensis and leachate characterizations, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture., 47(4), 61-67. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2019.47.4.061
- Kim, K. R., Lee, H. H., Jung, C. W., Kang, J. Y., Pank, S. N., Kim, K. H., 2002, Investigation of soil contamination of some major roadsides in Seoul -II. major roadsides in gangdong, gwangjin, nowon, seodaemun and seongdong gu, J. Korean Soc Agric., 45(2), 92-96.
- Kim, S. H., Sung, J. H., Cho, J. H., 2012, Growth and physiological responses of Ginkgo biloba and Zelkova serrata to calcium chloride treatment, Joint Journal of Forestry Science Announcement, 12(0), 236-238.
- Kim, S. I., Lee, D. W., 2014, Effect of chloride-deicers on growth of wheat, barley and spinach, Korean J. Environ. Agric., 33(4), 350-357. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2014.33.4.350
- Kim, Y. H., Kong, M. S., Lee, E. J., Lee, T. G., Jung, G. B., 2019, Status and changes in chemical properties of upland soil from 2001 to 2017 in Korea, Korean J. Environ Agric., 38(3), 213-218. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2019.38.3.28
- Kong, M. S., Kang, S. S., Chae, M. J., Jung, H. I., Sonn, Y. G., Lee, D. B., Kim, Y. H., 2015, Changes of chemical properties in upland soils in Korea, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 48, 588-592. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.6.588
- Kwon, M. Y., Kim, S. H., Sung, J. H., 2014, The responses of growth and physiological traits of Acer triflorumon calcium chloride (CaCl2) concentration, Korean J. Environ. Ecol., 28(5), 500-50. https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2014.28.5.500
- Lee, D. W., 2015, Effect of EFD-1 and PC-10 deicers on growth of wheat, barley and spinach, Korean J. Environ Agric., 34(1), 30-37. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2015.34.1.07
- Lee, K. B., Kang, J. G., Lee, K. D., Lee, S. H., Hwang, S. A., Hwang, S. W., Kim, H. K., 2013. Soil characteristics of newly reclaimed tidal land and its changes by cultivation of green manure crops, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 46(2), 129-135. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2013.46.2.129
- Na, O. P., Lee, J. S., 2014, Prediction of chloride penetration into concrete pavement under deicing chemicals, J. Korean Soc. Hazard Mitig., 14(2), 77-83. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2014.14.2.77
- NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Science), 2010, Method of soil chemical analysis, Rural Development Administration., Wanju, Korea.
- Son, H. M., Park, J. Y., Yoon, Y. H., Ju. J. H., 2017, Growth response in hydroponic cultured Dracaena braunii grown under various chloride ion concentrations, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 26(9), 1081-1086. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2017.26.9.1081
- Zhou, J., Xia, F., Liu, X., He, Y., Xu, J., Brookes, P. C., 2014, Effects of nitrogen fertilizer on the acidification of two typical acid soils in South China, Journal of soils and sediments, 14(2), 415-422. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-013-0695-1