- Issue 64
The article has the characteristics of a preliminary writing about how to look at the trend of new archives 'fever' and 'impulsion' emerging around the domestic and foreign art world, which have not been paid much attention yet in the 'mainstream' archive research, and how to accept it independently. Specifically, this study aims to examine how archival art is involved in history and memory with aesthetic attitudes and methods through observation of recent tendency of domestic archive art, and what implications or influence the 'archival impulse' phenomenon in the art world can have on the research trend of 'archival studies.' First, I would like to look at the meaningful movement to reinterpret and actively accept archival impulses in concrete overseas cases, that is, the archive system of a public archive in the United States. This is followed by an attempt to explore the characteristics and characteristics of creative works that are carried out through the medium of archives, that has not yet reached the level of organization of specific archive methods but are sporadically attempted in the domestic art world. It examines how so-called 'archive artists' record unrecorded in a way that is not observed in the existing archival world, and how they summon and include excluded history in aesthetic language. In conclusion, this study explores the possibility of pulling the historical records of tradition out from archival boxes and reinterpreting them as living archives within the contemporary emotional structure from this new artistic trend called 'archival art'.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 국립현대미술관. 2018. 올해의작가상2018_정은영 인터뷰, http://koreaartistprize.org/project/%EC%A0%95%EC%9D%80%EC%98%81
- 문선아. 2014 전시가 아카이브가 될 때. Public Art, 98, 52-55.
- 박상애. 2014. 기록의 확장, 아트 아카이브. 더아트로2014, 40-46. http://www.gokams.or.kr/05_know/data_view.aspx?Idx=815&txtSearchStr=&ddlSearchSel
- 이경래.이광석. 2017. 동시대 대항기억의 기록화: 용산참사를 중심으로. 기록학연구, 53, 45-77.
- 이승억. 2013. 경계밖의 수용: 보존기록학과 포스트모더니즘. 기록학연구, 38, 189-223.
- 정연심. 2012. 2000년대 이후의 현대미술과 아카이브 열병. 미술세계, 337, 88-91.
- 지가은. 2014. 과거의 흔적으로부터 미래를 엮어가다. 더아트로2014, 13-16.
- Carbone, Kathy Michelle. 2015. Artists in the Archive: An Exploratory Study of the Artist-in-Residence Program at the City of Portland Archives & Records Center, Archivaria, 79, 27-52.
- Carbone, Kathy Michelle. 2016. Artists and records: moving history and memory. Archives and Records, 1-19.
- Cook, Terry. 2000. Archival Science and Postmodernism: New Formulations for Old Concepts. Archival Science, 1(1), 3-24. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02435636
- Cook, Terry. 2001. Fashionable Nonsense or Professional Rebirth: Postmodernism and the Practice of Archives. Archivaria, 51, 14-35.
- Derrida, Jacque. 1996. Archival Fever: A Freudian Impression. Chicago: Chicago Univ. Press.
- Donnelly, Sue. 2008. Art in the Archives: An Artist's Residency in the Archives of the London School of Economics, Tate Papers. https://www.tate.org.uk/research/publications/tate-papers/09/art-in-the-archives-an-artists-residency-in-the-archives-of-the-london-school-of-economics
- Eastwood, Terry. 2010. A Contested Realm: The Nature of Archives and the Orientation of Archival Science. Terry Eastwood & Header MacNeil ed. Currents of Archival Thinking, Santa Barbara, California: Libraries Unlimited.
- Emerling, Jae. 2005. Theory for Art History. New York and London.
- Foster. Hal, 2004. An Archival Impulse. October, 110, 3-22.
- Imatani, Garrick. and Sand, Kaia. About the Watcher Files Project. The Watcher Files Project. http://looseleafservices.us/about/
- Ketelaar, Eric. 2001. Tacit Narratives: The Meanings of Archives. Archival Science, 1(2), 131-141. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02435644
- Regional Arts &Culture Council, Exhibit Guide, 2015, http://kaiasand.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Laminated1.pdf
- Spieker, Sven. 2008. The Big Archive: art from bureaucracy, Cambridge (MA): MIT Press: 스벤 스피커. 2013. 빅아카이브. 이재영 역. 2018. 홍디자인.
- The City of Portland Archives & Records Center, Making art out of history, https://www.portlandoregon.gov/archives/51815
- Upward, Frank. 1996. Structuring the Records Continuum - Part One: Postcustodial Principle and Properties. Archives and Manuscripts, 24(2), 268-285.
- White, H. 2000. Catastrophe, Communal Memory and Mythic Discourse: the uses of myth in the reconstruction of society, Strath B. ed. Myth and Memory in the Construction of Community: historical patterns in Europe and Beyond. PIE-Peter Lang, 49-74.