- Volume 5 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is to analyze the industrial accidents data with survival model. EDA approach is used to explore the relationship between two variables and among three variables for the past 10 years of industrial accidents data. Survival models are also tried. Survival curve drops more rapidly for the business with fewer employees as time goes by. Industrial accidents occur more often as the total number of industrial accidents gets larger and as the number of employees gets smaller. Agriculture, fishing and forestry have a higher level of industrial accidents than construction while service industry and 'transportation·storage and telecommunication' have a fewer number of industrial accidents than construction. Korea Safety and Health Agency's and Ministry of Employment and Labor's involvement were not effective but Civilian's was. Recurrent event data analysis reveals all most the same result as for non-recurrent data analysis.
Supported by : 한국방송통신대학교
- Kim, H. Y. and Heo, T. Y. (2010). "An Analysis of relative injury risk by industry and estimation of a circular distribution model for industrial injury". Seoul City Research, 11, 127-138.
- Ju, J. H. (1997). "An analysis of factors and structure affecting industrial accidents in Korea". Kyungsung University Ph.D. Dissertation.
- Kim, H. S. (2008). "A Study on the relations between industrial accident insurance and the automobile insurance". Labour Law, 26, 303-325.
- Park, J. S. (2006). "Occupational accidents due to colleague's abusive act and right to reimbursement of industrial accidents compensation insurance". Labour Law, 22, 363-386.
- Kim, S. K (1998). "A status of the report for industrial injuries and illnesses at an automobile related plant". Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 10, 562-570.
- Lee, C. J., Jun, Y. U., Choi, Y. H. and Jo, A. (2002). "Causes and preventive measures for low back pain industrial accidents suffered by automobile assembly workers". Korea Ergonomics Society Conference Proceeding, 119-123.
- Lee, J. C., Shin, S. W. and Lee C. S. (2007). "Accident analysis of middle-aged & advanced-aged construction workers". Korea Architecture Association Conference Proceeding(Structural System), 27, 797-800.
- Lee, K. S. and Jung, B. Y. (2008). "An analysis of industrial accidents in small-scale fiber business". Korea Ergonomics Society Spring Conference Proceeding, 252-255.
- Park, H. J. (2007). "Research on industrial disaster in hospital". Korea Ergonomics Society Fall Conference Proceeding, 492-495.
- Lee, G. S. et al (2006). "Relationship between Injury Occurrence and Workplace Organization in Small-sized Manufacturing Factories". Korea Industrial Medicine Society, 18, 73-86.
- Lee, S. W., Kim, K. S. and Kim, T. W. (2008). "The status and characteristics of industrial accidents for migrant workers in Korea compared with native workers". Korea Industrial Medicine Society, 20, 351-361.
- Kim, H. H. et al (2009). "An analysis of characteristics of musculoskeletal disorders risk factors". Korea Ergonomics Society, 28, 17-25.
- Leem, Y. M, Kwag, J. K. and Hwang, Y. S. (2005). "A feature analysis of industrial accidents using C4.5 algorithm". Korea Safety Society, 20, 130-137.
- Leem, Y. M. and Hwang, Y. S. (2006). "Data Analysis of Industrial Accidents in Manufacturing Industries Using CHIAD Algorithm". Korea Safety Management Society/Korea Cyber Terrorism Information Transfer Society Spring Conference Proceeding, 45-50.
- Song, J. M. and Yoon, S. U. (2004). "A study on split selection algorithms in decision tree". Yonsei University Master's Thesis.
- Lee, K. N. and Lee, H. C. (2003). "A Study on the combined decision tree(C4.5) and neural network algorithm for classification of mobile telecommunication customer". Korea Intelligence Information System Society, 9, 139-155.
- Leem, Y. M. and Ryu, C. H. (2006). "A comparison of data mining techniques for predicting model of industrial accidents". Korea Industrial Management System Society Conference Proceeding, 107-113.
- Jung, W. I. and Jun, Y. I. (2014). "Working conditions and industrial accidents in accordance with safety and health environment in the workplace". Korea Crisis Management Society, 10, 323-344.
- Korea Labor Institute. (2018). Report on Labor Force survey at establishments.
- Baek, E. M. and Jung, H. S. (2019). "A study of factors impacting work-related health problems in different work-hour groups", Journal of Korean Society Occupational Environmental Hygiene, 29, 383-393.
- Kim, Y. S., Jo, J. N. and Baik, J. W. (2016). "Comparative study of working conditions of Korea and Europe", Journal of the Korean Data & Information science Society, 27, 1-21. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.1.1