- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of the Pushing Type Cutting Device to Dismantle Concrete Structure for Decommissioning of Nuclear Power Plant
원전해체 시 콘크리트 구조물 절단을 위한 밀기형 절단장치 개발
- Lee, Bong-Jae (Sejong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd) ;
- Kwon, Yong-Kyu (Sejong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd) ;
- Hong, Chang-Dong (Sejong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd) ;
- Lee, Dong-Won (Sejong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd) ;
- Min, Kyong-Nam (Sejong Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd)
- Received : 2019.12.24
- Accepted : 2020.03.11
- Published : 2020.03.30
Pulling-type cutting devices, which use a diamond wire saw, have been used generally for cutting concrete structures. In this study, a pushing-type cutting device with a collection cover was developed by overcoming the disadvantages of pulling-type devices. In this device, dry or liquid methods can be selected to cool frictional heat. Operation and leakage tests of the dust generated during the dismantling of a concrete structure were carried out, confirming the suitable operation of the fabricated cutting device; the leakage rate was approximately 1.7%. For a conservative evaluation, the internal dose of workers was estimated in dismantling the core center part of biological shield concrete with a specific activity of 99.5 Bq·g-1. The committed effective dose per worker was 0.25 mSv. The developed cutting device contributed to reducing radioactive concrete waste and minimizing worker exposure due to its easy installation. Therefore, it can be utilized as a cutting apparatus for dismantling not only reinforced concrete structures but also radioactive biological shield concrete in nuclear power plant decommissioning efforts.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), "MCNP: A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport code, Version 5", LA-CP-03-0245, US (2003).
- R.A. Forrest, "European Activation System:EASY-2007", European Atomic Energy Community (EURATON) & United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA), UKAEA-FUS-533, UK (2007).
- I.C. Gauld, O.W. Hermann, and R.W. Westfall, ORIGEN-S: SCALE System Module to Calculate Fuel Depletion, Actinide Transmutation, Fission Product Buildup and Decay, and Associated Radiation Source Terms, ORNL/TM-2005/39, Ver.6 Vol. II Sect. F7, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2013).
- G.Y. Cha, S.Y. Kim, J.M. Lee, and Y.S. Kim, "The Effects of Impurity Composition and Concentration in Reactor Structure Material on Neutron Activation Inventory in Pressurized Water Reactor", J. Nucl. Fuel Cycle Waste Technol., 14(2), 91-100 (2016). https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2016.14.2.91
- J.Y. Yoon and Y.H. Hwang, "Study on Activation Evaluation of Kori unit 1 Bioshield Concrete", Proc. of the KRS 2019 Spring Conference, 17(1), 259-260, May 8-10, 2019, Pusan.
- KOREA Nuclear Safety and Security Commission, "regulation Concerning the disposal of Radioactive Waste Classification and its own Criteria", Notification 2017-65 of KOREA Nuclear Safety and Security Commission (2017).
- C.S. Cheon and C.L. Kim, "The Dismantling and Disposal Strategy of a Biological Shield for Minimization of Radioactive Concrete Waste During Decommissioning of a Nuclear Power Plant", J. Nucl. Fuel Cycle Waste Technol., 15(4), 355-367 (2017). https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2017.15.4.355
- K.S. Park, H.S. Im, H.D. Sohn, and J.Y. Yoon, "A Study for Dismantling Method of Bio-shield in Kori Unit 1 Nuclear Power Plant", Proc. of the KRS 2019 Spring Conference, 17(1), 261-262, May 8-10, 2019, Pusan.
- G.H. Kim, T.H. Kim, B.S. Choi, K.S. Jeong, D.H. Hyun, and J.K. Moon, "Radiological Assessment of the Dose Distribution Around Reactor Pressure Vessel", Asian J. Chem., 25(12), 7047-7050 (2013). https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2013.16
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, "Internal Dosimetry Procedures", RSC-Internal Exposure (2015).
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Dose Coefficients for Intakes of Radionuclides by Workers", ICRP Publication 68, Ann. ICRP 24(4) (1994).
- Thomas E. Johnson, Introduction to Health Physics, 4th ed. 615, McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Press, New York (2017).
- B.S. Lee, "Management of Decommissioning Waste from Nuclear Power Plant", 2015 Autumn Workshop of Korean Radioactive Waste Society (Workshop for Current Status and Prospect of Technology Development of NPP Decommissioning), Pusan, Korea (2015).