- Volume 31 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Silane Coupling Agent on Adhesion Properties between Hydrophobic UV-curable Urethane Acrylate and Acrylic PSA
소수성 UV 경화형 우레탄 아크릴레이트와 아크릴 점착제 사이의 계면 부착력 향상을 위한 에폭시 실란의 영향
- Noh, Jieun (Chemical Materials Solutions Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology) ;
- Byeon, Minseon (Chemical Materials Solutions Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology) ;
- Cho, Tae Yeun (Chemical Materials Solutions Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology) ;
- Ham, Dong Seok (Chemical Materials Solutions Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology) ;
- Cho, Seong-Keun (Chemical Materials Solutions Center, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology)
- 노지은 (한국화학연구원 화학소재솔루션센터) ;
- 변민선 (한국화학연구원 화학소재솔루션센터) ;
- 조태연 (한국화학연구원 화학소재솔루션센터) ;
- 함동석 (한국화학연구원 화학소재솔루션센터) ;
- 조성근 (한국화학연구원 화학소재솔루션센터)
- Received : 2020.01.23
- Accepted : 2020.03.09
- Published : 2020.04.10
In this study, an adhesive tape with water and impact resistance for mobile devices was developed using a UV-curable urethane acrylate based polymer as a substrate. The substrate fabricated by UV-curable materials shows hydrophobicity and poor wettability, which significantly deteriorates the interface-adhesions between the substrate and acrylic adhesive. In order to improve the interface adhesion, 3-glycidoxy-propyl trimethoxysilane (GPTMS), a silane coupling agent having epoxy functional groups, was selected and incorporated into UV-curable urethane acrylate based polymer resins in various contents. The changes of the chemical composition according to the contents of GPTMS was studied with Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) to know the surface bonding properties. Also mechanical properties of the substrate were characterized by tensile strength, gel fraction and water contact angle measurements. The peel strengths at 180° and 90° were measured to compare the adhesion between the substrate and adhesive according to the silane coupling agent contents. The mechanical strength of the urethane acrylate adhesive tape decreased as the silane coupling agent increased, but the adhesion between the substrate and adhesives increased remarkably at an appropriate content of 0.5~1 wt%.
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- N. Kim, J. Kim, H. S. Lim, and S. H. Kim, Technological trend of special coating materials for surface functionalization, Journal of Adhesion and Interface, 18(1), 33-38 (2017). https://doi.org/10.17702/jai.2017.18.1.33
- N. Kim, J. Kim, H. S. Lim, and S. H. Kim, Technological trend of special coating materials for surface functionalization, Journal of Adhesion and Interface, 18(2), 82-88 (2017).
- M. J. Choi, B. Y. Jeong, J. M. Cheon, K. Park, and J. H. Chun, Synthesis and characterization of waterborne polyurethane for water resistance, Journal of Adhesion and Interface, 18(1), 8-12 (2017). https://doi.org/10.17702/jai.2017.18.1.8
- F. L. Jin, M. Zhao, M. Park, and S. J. Park, Recent trends of foaming in polymer processing: A review, Polymers, 11(6), 953-976 (2019). https://doi.org/10.3390/polym11060953
- X. Hu, E. M. Wouterson, and M. Liu, Handbook of Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, A. Y. C. Nee, pp 125-168, Springer, London (2014).
- N. V. Gama, A. Ferreira, and A. B. Timmons, Polyurethane foams: Past, present, and future, Materials (Basel), 11(10), 1841-1875 (2018). https://doi.org/10.3390/ma11101841
- K. Fukuzawa, S. Node, T. Yamagishi, and Y. Chishima, Proceedings of the International Adhesion Symposium on Adhesion Science and Technology, Yokohama, Japan (1994).
- D. Eaves, Handbook of Polymer Foams, 289, Rapra Technology Ltd., Shawbury, UK (2004).
- W. V. Titow, PVC Technology, 146, Rapra Technology Ltd., Shawbury, UK (2001).
- S. S. Baek, S. W. Lee, and S. H. Hwang, Synthesis of UV curable 4,4'-Thiodibenzenethiol-based epoxy acrylate and their refractive index behavior, Polymer (Korea), 37(1), 121-126 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2013.37.1.121
- J. W. Won, J. H. Park, J. Y. Kim, Y. J. Yoon, K. D. Jang, M. C. Park, J. H. Chun, and J. S. Hwang, Synthesis and characterization of fluorine-induced, UV curable urethane acrylate oligomers, Journal of Adhesion and Interface, 18(3), 127-133 (2017).
- J. Wen, C. Feng, H. Li, X. Liu, F. Ding, H. Li, and C. Huang, UV-curable hydrophobic coatings of functionalized carbon microspheres with good mechanical properties and corrosion resistance, Coatings, 8, 439 (2018). https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings8120439
- T. Zhanga, W. Wua, X. Wanga, and Y. Mub, Effect of average functionality on properties of UV-curable waterborne polyurethane-acrylate, Prog. Org. Coat., 68, 201-207 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.porgcoat.2010.02.004
- J. G. Quini and G. Marinucci, Polyurethane structural adhesives applied in automotive composite joints, Mat. Res., 15(3), 434-439 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-14392012005000042
- F. C. Campbell, Manufacturing Processes for Advanced Composites, 241-301 (2004).
- J. P. Muller, E. Mitzner, H. Goering, and J. Gahde, Surface modification of polyurethanes by multicomponent polyaddition reaction, J. Mater. Sci. Lett., 17(2), 115-118 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006578615886
- Y. Ozdemir, N. Hasirci, and K. Serbetci, Oxygen plasma modification of polyurethane membranes, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. M., 13(12), 1147-1152 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021185803716
- M. J. Shenton, M. C. Lovell-Hoare, and G. C. Stevens, Adhesion enhancement of polymer surfaces by atmospheric plasma treatment, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 34, 2754-2760 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/34/18/307
- E. P. Plueddemann, Silane adhesion promoters in coatings, Prog. Org. Coat., 11(3), 297-308 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1016/0033-0655(83)80012-0
- Y. Zhao, W. Li, X. Jiang, F. Li, X. Li, W. Zhang, J. S. Jiang, J. Liu, K. Ariga, and M. Hu, Coordination polymer nanoglue: Robust adhesion based on collective lamellar stacking of nanoplates, ACS Nano, 11(4), 3662-3670 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.6b08068
- Z. Yao, M. Cui, Z. Zhang, L. Wu, and T. Xu, Silane cross-linked sulfonted poly(ether ketone/ether benzimidazole)s for fuel cell applications, Polymers, 9, 631-645 (2017). https://doi.org/10.3390/polym9120631
- F. Najafi, B. S. Hadavand, and A. Pournamdar, Trimethoxysilane-assisted UV-curable urethane acrylate as clear coating: From synthesis to properties, Prog. Colloid Polym. Sci., 295, 1717-1728 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00396-017-4139-0