- Volume 29 Issue 1
Purpose The purpose of this study is to identify features of Gapjil and platform tyranny through South Korea's Gapjil and platform tyranny cases and to suggest countermeasures to both kinds of cases and follow-up study subjects. Methodology/approach We examined South Korea's Gapjil and platform tyranny cases by using Big Data analytics. Then we made a close examination of the two typical cases, through which we compared features and countermeasures of Gapjil and those of platform tyranny. Findings Gapjil mostly occurred at conventional companies and franchise companies, between major and minor companies, or due to lack of owner's qualifications. The features of platform tyranny were excessively monopolistic structure of platform business, inadequate legal sanctions, and features of ICT companies. Establishment of legal bases for sanctions and education for platform participants were suggested as countermeasures.
- 2019년 산업기술통계, 한국산업기술진흥원, 2019.07.
- 김창욱, 강민형, 강한수, 윤영수, 한일영, 기업생태계와 플랫폼 전략, SERI, 2012.02.
- 다나카 미치아키, 정승욱 역, 미중 플랫폼 전쟁 GAFA vs BATH, AI시대 메가테크 기업, 최후 승자는?, 세종서적, 2019.10.10.
- 박혜영, 강회일, 이재환, 조상섭, ICT 산업생태계 진단 및 정책시사점, 정보통신산업진흥원, 2013.02.
- 신석훈, 정회상, 김수연, '갑을(甲乙) 프레임' 기업정책의 한계와 개선방안, 한국경제연구원, 2014.02.
- 안드레이 학주, 히라노 아쓰시 칼, 천재정 역, 플랫폼 전략, 더숲 출판사, 2011.
- 이정희, 황성혁, 노은정, 주아름, "신유통업체 위주의 유통구조 변화가 국내 소비자 물가에 미친 영향," 유통연구, 제14권, 2009, pp.125-144.
- 조성봉, 대형유통업체는 경쟁을 해치는가?, 한국경제연구원, 2010.
- Annabelle Gawer, and Michael A. Cusumano, "Industry Platforms and Ecosystem Innovation," Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol.31, Issue 3, May 2014, pp.417-433. https://doi.org/10.1111/jpim.12105
- Basker, E., and Noel, M., "The Evolving Food Chain: Competitive Effects of Wal-Mart's Entry into the Supermarket Industry," Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 18, 2009, pp.977-1009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9134.2009.00235.x
- Jean C. Rochet, and Jean Tirole, "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Market," Journal of the European Economic Association, June, 2003, pp.990-1029.
- Karl Tauscher, and Sven M. Laudien, "Understanding platform business models: A mixed methods study of marketplaces," European Management Journal, Vol. 36, Issue 3, June 2018, pp.319-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2017.06.005
- Marc H. Meyer, and Paul C. Mugge, "Make Platform Innovation Drive enterprise Growth," Journal of Research Technology Management, Vol. 44, Issue 1, 2001, pp.25-39.
- Marshall W. Van Alstyne, Geoffrey G. Parker, and Sangeet Paul Choudary, "Pipelines, Platforms, and the New rules of Strategy," Harvard Business Review, April 2016.
- Michael A. Cusumano, "The Platform Leader's Dilemma," Communications of the ACM, October 2011, Vol. 54, No. 10, pp.21-24.
- Sobe, R., and Dean, A., "Has Wal-Mart Buried Mom and Pop?: The Impact of Wal-Mart on Self-Employment and Small Establishments in the United States," Economic Inquiry, 46, 2008, pp.676-695. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1465-7295.2007.00091.x
- https://blog.naver.com/opencommunity/ - ICT 산업생태계
- http://blog.naver.com/drrjuhk/ - 글로벌 AI 산업생태계
- http://www.the-pr.co.kr/news/articleView - 대한민국 갑질기업 보고서