- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Multi-alternative Retrofit Modelling and its Application to Korean Generation Capacity Expansion Planning
발전설비확장계획에서 다중대안 리트로핏 모형화 방안 및 사례연구
- 정용주 (부산외국어대학교, G2융합학부)
- Received : 2020.01.13
- Accepted : 2020.02.12
- Published : 2020.03.31
Purpose Retrofit, defined to be addition of new technologies or features to the old system to increase efficiency or to abate GHG emissions, is considered as an important alternative for the old coal-fired power plant. The purpose of this study is to propose mathematical method to model multiple alternative retrofit in Generation Capacity Expansion Planning(GCEP) problem, and to get insight to the retrofit patterns from realistic case studies. Design/methodology/approach This study made a multi-alternative retrofit GECP model by adopting some new variables and equations to the existing GECP model. Added variables and equations are to ensure the retrofit feature that the life time of retrofitted plant is the remaining life time of the old power plant. We formulated such that multiple retrofit alternatives are simultaneously compared and the best retrofit alternative can be selected. And we found that old approach to model retrofit has a problem that old plant with long remaining life time is retrofitted earlier than the one with short remaining life time, fixed the problem by some constraints with some binary variables. Therefore, the proposed model is formulated into a mixed binary programming problem, and coded and run using the GAMS/cplex. Findings According to the empirical analysis result, we found that approach to model the multiple alternative retrofit proposed in this study is comparing simultaneously multiple retrofit alternatives and select the best retrofit satisfying the retrofit features related to the life time. And we found that retrofit order problem is cleared. In addition, the model is expected to be very useful in evaluating and developing the national policies concerning coal-fired power plant retrofit.
Supported by : 부산외국어대학교
- 장경룡, 이정현, "탄소포집 및 저장 레트로핏 연구 : 중국의 사례를 중심으로", News & Information for Chemical Engineers, 34권 6호, 2016, pp. 661-666.
- 이지현, 곽노상, 이동욱, 심재구, 이정현, "CCS(Carbon Capture & Sequestration) 기술 경제성 평가", Journal of Climate Change Research, 7권 2호, 2016, pp. 111-120. https://doi.org/10.15531/ksccr.2016.7.2.111
- 송병훈, "500MW급 표준석탄화력 Retrofit 실증사업", 기계저널, 55권 9호, 2015, pp. 41-44.
- 정용주, "오픈 소스 최적화모형을 이용한 지역단위 전력계획", 정보시스템연구, 28권 1호, 2019, pp. 133-153.
- 이종화, 이현규, "오픈소스 소프트웨어를 활용한 자연어 처리 패키지 제작에 관한 연구", 정보시스템연구, 25권 4호, 2016, pp. 121-139.
- Gardumi, F., "A Multi-Dimensional Approach to the Modeling of Power Plant Flexibility", Ph.D. Dissertation, Politecnico Di Milano, Milano, Italy, 2016.
- Yongjoo Chung, Chunhyun Paik, and Youngjin Kim, "Open Source-based Modeling of Power Plants Retrofit and its application to the Korean Electricity Sector", International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 81, 2019, pp. 21-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2018.12.005
- Matthias Finkenrath, Julian Smith and Dennis Volk: "CCS Retrofit : Analysis of the Globally Installed Coal-Fired Power Plant Fleet", IEA, 2012.
- Retrofitting of Coal-Fired Power Plants for CO2 Emissions Reductions, MIT Energy Initiative Symposium, 2009.
- The UK MARKAL Documentation Residential Sector Module, 2007.
- Lukas G. Swan, V. Ismet Ugursal, "Modeling of end-use energy consumption in the residential sector: A review of modeling techniques", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 13, 2009, pp. 1819-1835. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2008.09.033
- Carol Lenox, Rebecca Dodder, Cynthia Gage, Ozge, U.S. Nine-region MARKAL DATABASE, EPA, 2013.
- R. Kannan, N. Strachan, "Modelling the UK residential energy sector under long-term decarbonisation scenarios: Comparison between energy systems and sectoral modelling approaches", Applied Energy, Vol. 86, 2009, pp. 416-428 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2008.08.005
- http://epsis.kpx.or.kr 제8차 전력수급기본계획, 산업통상자원부, 2018.
- 한국중부발전 블로그 (https://blog.komipo.co.kr/581)