- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Shield TBM trouble cases review and parameter study for the cause analysis
쉴드 TBM 트러블 사례 및 매개변수 연구를 통한 원인 분석
- Koh, Sungyil (SEOHA Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- La, You-Sung (Dept. of Geotech and Tunnel, SEOHA Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Bumjoo (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2020.02.14
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.31
Shield TBM tunneling, used in the construction of Seoul subway line 7 and line 9, has been well known as a very efficient, as well as safe, tunneling method. Although the Shield TBM method has been known to be effectively used in poor ground conditions, a number of troubles have occurred during the use of the shield TBM, due to inappropriate machine selection, machine breakdown, and unpredicted ground conditions etc. In this study, several accidents and trouble cases occurred during excavation by Shield TBM, reported from Japan, were investigated. A series of numerical analysis was then performed to compare with the trouble cases and back-analysis results for the cause analysis. The lessons learned from the case studies are presented at the end.
- Anagnostou, G., Kovari, K. (1994), "The face stability of slurry-shield-driven tunnels", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 165-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(94)90028-0
- Anagnostou, G., Kovari, K. (1996), "Face stability conditions with earth-pressure-balanced shields", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 165-173. https://doi.org/10.1016/0886-7798(96)00017-X
- ITA WG Mechanized Tunnelling (2000), Recommendations and guidelines for tunnel boring machines (TBMs), pp. I-22-I-34.
- Itasca Consulting Group Inc. (1999), PFC2D particle flow code in 2 dimensions, Minneapolis, Itasca.
- Itasca Consulting Group Inc. (2002), FLAC3D fast lagrangian analysis of continua in 3 dimensions, Minneapolis, Itasca.
- Japan Electric Power Civil Engineering Association (2001), Construction case investigation by TBM construction method, Japan Electric Power Construction Industry Association.
- Jeong, H.Y., Zhang, N., Jeon, S.W. (2018), "Review of technical issues for shield TBM tunneling in difficult grounds", Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 1-24.
- Jun, G.C., Kim, D.H. (2016), "A intercomparison on the estimating shield TBM tunnel face pressure through analytical and numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 273-282. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.273
- Lee, S.W., Jang, S.H., Choi, S.W. (2011), "Prediction of future demand for domestic TBM tunnels", Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 18-26.
- The Support Pressure Calculator for TBM Tunnelling Home Page, http://www.facesupport.org (March 7, 2020).