- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of tunnel lighting replacement on power usage and illumination improvement: replacing low pressure sodium lamp with LED
터널 조명등 교체에 따른 전력사용량 및 조도 개선 효과: 저압나트륨램프 LED로 교체
- Lee, Gyu-Phil (Dept. of Infrastructure Safety Research, KICT) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Heum (Dept. of Infrastructure Safety Research, KICT)
- Received : 2020.02.11
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.31
Low-pressure sodium lamps, high-pressure sodium lamps and fluorescent lamps etc are mainly used tunnel lighting in Rep. of Korea. Power rates for tunnel lighting are known to account for the highest percentage in the tunnel maintenance costs. Therefore, tunnel lights are being replaced by LED that have advantages such as low power consumption and longevity. To analysis effect of replacement low pressure sodium lamp with LED, illumination and monthly power usage for a year are investigated for 8 tunnels. Power usage for tunnel lighting is decreased by 26.1% to 59.6%, and illumination is increased by 34.1% to 293% replacing low pressure sodium lamp with LED.
Grant : 2020년 터널관리시스템 운영
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Jeong, M.S., Joo, J.S., Jeong, I.Y., Song, K.D. (2011), "A basic study on the location of mirror reflector system to improve illumination environment", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 385-393.
- Lee, G.P., Kim, J.H. (2019), "Analysis of tunnel lighting power usage between low-pressure sodium lamp and LED", Proceedings of the KSCE 2019 Convention Conference & Civil Expo, Pyeongchang, pp. 416-417.
- Lee, M.A., Lee, D.H. (2013), "A study on effects of landscape design of road tunnel portal to interior lighting of tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 497-504. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.5.497
- Lee, Y.Q., Lee, S.H. (2007), "A simulation analysis on the probeam lighting for the visibility at a tunnel with whitehole phenomenon", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 29-36.
- Moretti, L., Cantisani, G., Mascio, P.D. (2016), "Management of road tunnels: construction, maintenance and lighting costs", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 51, pp. 84-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2015.10.027
- RABT Road and Transportation Research Association Working Group Traffic Routing and Road Safety (2006), "Regulations for the equipment and operation of road tunnel", Edition 2006, pp. 52-53.