- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A risk management system applicable to NATM tunnels: methodology development and application
NATM 터널의 리스크 관리 시스템 개발 및 현장적용
- Chung, Heeyoung (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Kang-Hyun (Research Institute, Korea Expressway Corporation) ;
- Kim, Byung-Kyu (Department of Future Technology and Convergence Research, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Lee, In-Mo (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Choi, Hangseok (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University)
- 정희영 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학부) ;
- 이강현 (한국도로공사 도로교통연구원) ;
- 김병규 (한국건설기술연구원 미래융합연구본부) ;
- 이인모 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학부) ;
- 최항석 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학부)
- Received : 2020.01.28
- Accepted : 2020.02.21
- Published : 2020.03.31
In this paper, a risk management system applicable to NATM tunneling projects is proposed. After investigating case histories in NATM tunnel collapse, this paper analyzes the potential risk factors and their corresponding risk events during NATM tunnel construction. The risk factors are categorized into three groups: geological, design and construction risk factors. The risk events are also categorized into four types: excessive deformation, excessive deformation with subsidence, collapse inside tunnels, and collapse inside tunnels with subsidence. The paper identifies risk scenarios in consideration of the risk factors and proposes a risk analysis/evaluation method for the NATM tunnel risk scenarios. Based on the evaluation results, the optimal mitigation measure to handle the risk events is suggested. In order to effectively facilitate a series of risk management processes, it is necessary to develop a risk register and a management ledger for risk mitigation measures that are customized to NATM tunnels. Lastly, the risk management for an actual NATM tunnel construction site is performed to verify the validity of the proposed system.
Supported by : 도로교통연구원
- Act No. 16272 (2019), Construction Technology Promotion Act, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (2014), XLC Risk Management Guidance and Risk Register Instructions Version 2, Office of Information Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- Chung, H., Park, J., Lee, K.H., Park, J., Lee, I.M. (2016), "TBM risk management system considering predicted ground condition ahead of tunnel face: methodology development and application", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.1.001
- Eskesen, S.D., Tengborg, P., Kampmann, J., Veicherts, T.H. (2004), "Guidelines for tunnelling risk management: International Tunnelling Association, Working Group No. 2", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 217-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2004.01.001
- Land Transport Authority (2012), Construction Safety Handbook, Land Transport Authority, Singapore.
- Land Transport Authority (2018), Safety, Health and Environment (General Specification Appendix A), Land Transport Authority, Singapore.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2017), Task Manual on Design for Safety, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Notice No. 2020-47 (2020), Construction Safety Management Task Guidelines, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea.
- Pennington, T.W. (2011), Tunneling Beneath Open Water, Parsons Brinckerhoff Inc., NW, USA.
- Presidential Decree No. 30256 (2019), Enforcement Decree of the Construction Technology Promotion Act, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Sejong, Korea.
- Project Management Institute (2013), A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide) Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., Newtown Square, PA, USA.
- Tasmanian Government (2011), Project Management Guidelines, Office of eGovernment, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
- WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff (2016), NCHRP 08-36 Task 126 Development of Risk Register Spreadsheet Tool, Transportation Research Board, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, USA.