- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Design of Smart Care-platform for Supporting Care of Elderly Patients with Dementia
치매노인환자 간병지원을 위한 스마트 돌봄 플랫폼 설계
- Kim, Miyun (Dept. of Design, Industrial Design Major, Seoul Digital University)
- Received : 2019.10.28
- Accepted : 2020.01.08
- Published : 2020.01.31
In modern society, dementia patients are increasing due to busy daily life. Due to the nature of dementia, family members are having a hard time with their caring activities. Dementia diseases reduce the quality of life not only of the patient, but also of the family, and nursing activities lead to social problems such as unemployment or frequent turnover. This study aims to reduce the difficulty and stress of the nursing process by supporting daily life of dementia patients and nursing activities through smart care platform. Ultimately, we will reduce the cost of treatment for people with dementia and delay the worsening of symptoms through a systematic care program for people with dementia. The smart dementia care platform features smart technology to help the dementia patients' daily lives and support their caregivers.
Supported by : Seoul Digital University
- J.M. Kim, "Problem and Improvement of the Current Health Policy of Dementia Patients, Public Administration Studies," Journal of Korean Society for Public Administration, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 133-150, 2006.
- H.S. Cho and Y.H. Cho, National Institute of Dementia Annual Reports 2018, National Institute of Dementia, pp. 3, 2018.
- NIH Meeting Advances Alzheimer's Research Agenda, Global Health Matters, Fogarty International Center, Vol.14, Issue 2, pp. 3, 2015.
- J.M. Jo, Korea's Dementia R & D is Growing, What are the Developed Countries Doing?, Dementia News(2018). https://www.dementianews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=775 (accessed July 25, 2019).
- G.W. Kim, H.N. Kim, H.Y. An, Y.J. Kim, J.E. Hwang and B.N. Kim et al., Korea Dementia 2016 Report, NIDR-1603-0015, National Institute of Dementia, 2016.
- M.Y. Kim and D.J. Seo, "A Service Platform for Self-management of the Early Dementia," Proceeding of Autumn Conference, Korea Multimedia Society, pp. 168-169, 2018.
- M.Y. Kim, "The Popular Smart Supporter for the Management of Patients with Dementia," Proceeding of Autumn Conference, Korea Multimedia Society, pp. 45-46, 2017.
- M.Y. Kim, "A Spatial Management Service for Improvement of Residential Environments for an Elderly Living Alone," Proceeding of 2018 Joint Fall Conference: The Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies and Korea Society for Geospatial Information Science, pp. 141-143, 2018.
- J.E. Jang and H.S. Choi, "The Effects of Emotion-focused Individual Intervention for Family Care-givers of People with Early Stages of Dementia," Journal of the Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 101-112, 2016. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2016.25.2.101
- B.H. Oh, "Diagnosis and Treatment for Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia," Journal of the Korean Med Associates, Vol. 52, No. 11, pp. 1048-1054, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2009.52.11.1048
- K.S. Lee, "A Study on Improvement of Residential Environment of the Elderly with Dementia in Patients," Korean Journal of 21st Centry Social Welfare, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 147-178, 2015.
- National Institute of Dementia, Ministry of Health and Welfare, https://www.nid.or.kr/info/diction_list3.aspx?gubun=0305(accessed July 25, 2019).
- Dementia in Elderly People over 65, N Medical Information, Seoul National University Hospital. http://www.snuh.org/health/nMedInfo/nView.do?category=DIS&medid=AA000595 (accessed July 25, 2019).
- Y.S Kim, Current State and Develpoment Directions for Dementia Care, Technology, Health and Social Welfare Review, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, pp. 42-57. 2019
- M.W. Park, H.S. Kim, D.J. Kwon, K.O. Park, S.Y. Park and H.N. Sun et al., Dementia Education Teaching Materials: Visit Medical Treatment Course, Ministry of Health and Welfare, National Institute of Dementia and National Health Insurance Service, pp.37-264, 2017.
- H.S. Go, H.J. Kim, W.G. Kim, and B.S. Young, Cognitive Health Living Guidebook 1, Seoul Metropolitan Center for Dementia, Seoul City, 2017.
- H.S. Hwang, Y.S. Ko, G.U. Ban, and C.S. Kim, "Development of a Smart Application for Protecting Dementia Patients," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 16, No. 9, pp. 1089-1097, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.9.1089
- AAPR(the Association of Retired Persons), https://www.aarp.org/(accessed July 25, 2019).
- E.S. Ha, "The implementation of Smart Care System for Dementia Patient," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 3832-3840, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3832
- What Kind of Support will Dementia Patients Receive During the Fourth Industrial Revolution? https://www.dementianews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=574(accessed November 8, 2017).
- Long-term Strategy for National Dementia R & D: Strengthening the Sustainability of Dementia-National Responsibility System through Science and Technology, Relevant Ministries Joint Report, pp. 6, 2018.
- 'MyBom', an AI-based Caring Robot for the Elderly with Mild Dementia, MSIT Webzine, (2019) https://www.msit.go.kr/webzine/posts.do?postIdx=373(accessed September 20, 2019).
- S.H. Park and J.I. Shin, "The Effect of Virtual Reality using a Therapeutic Program on Depression and the Quality of Life in Dementia," Journal of Coaching Development, Vol.18 No. 1, pp. 13-19, 2016.