- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
SNS Utilization of Youth and Use as a Learning Tool
청소년의 SNS 이용실태 및 학습도구로써의 활용방안
- kang, Hyun-joo (Dept. of English, Busan University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Kim, Chee-Yong (Major of Game Animation Eng., School of ICT Eng., Dong-eui University)
- Received : 2019.02.13
- Accepted : 2019.12.12
- Published : 2020.01.31
Korea, as a leader of Internet and game sector in IT industry, has been playing an important role in increasing its industrial development. This country has won the first place in wireless broadband usage and contributed to Internet game industry development. This means that Korean use smartphones most. It is juveniles that use Internet and smartphones most among Korean who use teenage., the number of the teenagers who overuse smartphones or Internet has surpassed 200,000. The number of the adolescents who spend more time using smartphone and Internet is about 180,000 and the number of the teens who are over-dependent to smartphone having trouble living their lives is over 22,000. The SNS usage rate of the contents that teens are most likely to use has accounted for over 80 percent. Among teens, SNS is being considered as a major means that builds relationship due to smartphone technology and the prevalence of smartphones. However, the use of SNS among youths has two sides; one is positive, the other negative. Not only does SNS have a positive function that it keeps relationship but it also has a negative function that it can lead to smartphone addiction.
- H.J. Kang and S.R. Jung, "Analysis of Multicultural Elements in the 2015 Revised Elementary Curriculum," The Journal of Multimedia Information System, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 403-415, 2019.
- S.Y. Kim, The Effect of Using Smartphones and Social Networking Sites on the Alienation and Friendship of Middle School Students, Master's Thesis of Konkuk University, 2017.
- J. Lee, Y.M. Koo, Y.O. Lee, J.K. Kim, and J.S. Lim, "Teacher and Student Perspectives on Utilization and Effectiveness of using Social Networking Service in Elementary School' Awareness," Education Information Media Research, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 25-54, 2013.
- J.H. Lee and E.J. Lee, "An Empirical Analysis of Learning Performance of SNS Motives in Commercial High School," Internationale-Business Association, pp. 266-277, 2017.
- S.H. Yoon, The Relationship of Middle School Students' Use of Smartphone SNS and Stress and School Life Adaptation, Master's Thesis of Chungbuk National University, 2014.
- H.J. Yoon, Study on the Experiences of Cell Phone Overdose Youth. Master's Thesis of Gwangwoon University Graduate School of Information and Welfare, 2010
- M.S. Jeong, A Study on the Learning Satisfaction of a Class Using SNS in a Professional School, A Thesis for a Master's Degree at a Military Transport University, 2017.
- J.H. Jeong, A Study on the Usage Pattern and Meaning of Youth's SNS Language, Master's Degree from Gongju University, 2017.
- S.K. Park and Y.H. Kim, "The Relationship among Peer Conformity, Usage and Perception of SNS and Bullying among the Middle School Students," Korea Youth Research Association, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 1-27, 2015.
- S.J. Pee, The Difference in SNS Addiction Possibility, Self-esteem and Personal Relationships According to SNS Behavior, Master's Thesis of Dankook University, 2013.
- M.B. Lee, A Study of Factors Influencing the Satisfaction of SNS Use, Journal of the Korea Institute of Industrial Information, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 61-73, 2012.
- S.Y. Kim, A Study on the Influence of Smartphone and SNS Use on Middle School Students' Sense of Alieanation & Peer Relationships, Master's Thesis of Konkuk University, 2013.
- S.H. Yoon, The Relation between Smartphone SNS Usage, Stress, and School Adaptation in Middle School Students, Master's Thesis of Chungbuk University, 2014.
- J.I Kim, Development of a English Vocabulary Context-Learning Agent based on Smartphone, Journal of Korea Multimedia Society Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 344-351, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.2.344