- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
UI Design and Usability Analysis of Maternal Notebook Mobile Application
산모수첩 모바일 애플리케이션의 UI 디자인과 사용성 분석
- Chun, Christine Hyeyeon (Dept. of Design., Sehan University)
- Received : 2019.12.16
- Accepted : 2019.12.23
- Published : 2020.01.31
This paper analyzes the design and usability of maternal notebook mobile application and suggests the improvement direction of the application. The researcher compared and analyzed the functions of maternal notebook applications, conducted user interviews and expert evaluations. The conclusions of this study are the use of appropriate information volume, proportional screen division focusing on main functions, the use of GNB format of main menus, the prohibition of double menu configuration, the use of color consistent with the image of the service, the use of few font sizes, the use of appropriate colors in typography, the use of rich icons with uniform design, card format, list format, but also timeline and infographic forms that make rich user interface design. Maternal notebook application research is expected to be an important reference for research on similar mobile applications with complex functions such as information provision, user history, and community, along with improved research in healthcare design.
Supported by : Sehan University
- Definition of Maternal Notebook (Naver Korean Dictionary), https://ko.dict.naver.com/#/entry/koko/f814add47a9e4f66940c546cf79642f3 (accessed December 13, 2019).
- M. Nam, S. Kim, T. Kim, and E. Jung, "A Comparative Study on the Structural Characteristics of Railway Reservation Mobile Applications in Korea and Czech Republic," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 960-973, 2019. https://doi.org/10.9717/KMMS.2019.22.8.960
- Y. Lee, The Utilization and Content Evaluation of Mobile Application on Pregnancy, Childbirth and Childcare, Master's Thesis of Keimyung University, 2014.
- B. Ko, Y. O, and M. Koo, "Study about Mother & Fetus Management Application Based on Smartphone", The Journal of the Convergence on Culture Technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 45-48, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17703/JCCT.2016.2.4.45
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention "Be Vaccinated ... Protect both Mother and Baby. https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0103_201911172151157823 (accessed December 13, 2019).
- Standard Maternal and Child Health Handbook. https://www.gov.kr/portal/service/serviceInfo/GMW000000010 (accessed December 13, 2019).
- Standard Mother's Handbook (Korean). http://www.childcare.go.kr/cpis2gi/community/data/DataImgSl.jsp?flag=Sl&BBSGB=42&BID=291420&total=&clsfccode=&offset=0&limit=&programId=P0001PG00000536&SEL_SYSCODE=&SCHBTITLE=on&schText=(accessed December 13, 2019).
- G. Lee and J. Kim, "The Design of the Visual Interface for the Mobile App - Focusing on the Internet Bookstore," Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 617-627, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.1.061
- K. Lee, UX/UI Design : from NCS-Based Mobile to VR, Freelec, Bucheon, 2018.
- Layout.https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1087845&cid=40942&categoryId=33074 (accessed December 13, 2019).
- J. Son, E. Jung, and J. Paik, "Analytical Study on the Design and Function of Food Safetey Application," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 91-101, 2019. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2019.19.04.091
- Doosan Dictionary "Icon". https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=1170089&cid=40942&categoryId=32828 (accessed December 13, 2019).