- Volume 23 Issue 1
This paper analyzed the characteristics of Motion Poster (Moster) and discussed the visual expression methods. To this end, the existing literature on motion posters was organized. The visual representation of motion posters was analyzed by dividing into 'Main Visual', 'Mode of Movement', 'Playtime' and 'Sound'. The analysis results were as follows. As motion posters are kind of movie posters, they are made from the original movie poster images, characters, or scenes of the movie. Graphical representations used either photo-realism or computer realism. The movement methods are 'simple movement of visual elements(movement, gesture and rotation, appear or disappear)+fixed camera movement' or' camera movement (zoom in/out, rotate, move) + fixed visual element movement'. Playback time ranged from about 10 seconds to over 1 minute of video, and the longer the video, the higher the probability of including sound.
- A New Poster Movement, https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/a-new-poster-movement/ (accessed October 8, 2019).
- J. Kim, "Analysis of Appreciator's Preference Depending on the Difference in Existence & Unexistence of Movement of Cinemagraph Advertisement - Mainly on the Basis of Advertisement Attitude, Brand Attitude," Journal of The Korean Society Design Culture, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 101-110, 2017.
- S. Bakhshi, D. Shamma, L. Kennedy, Y. Song, P. Juan, J. Kaye, et. al., "Fast, Cheap, and Good: Why Animated GIFs Engage Us," Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 576-586, 2016.
- S. Won, A Study on Experimental Communication Using Umjjal(Decontextualized Animated GIF, Master's Thesis of Kookmin University, 2016.
- H. Leem, A Study on Phenomenon that Turn from 'Still Graphic Image' into 'Video', Master's Thesis of Seoul National University, 2017.
- S. Kong, "Proposal for New Type of Poster, Interactive Motion Poster," Journal of Digital Contents Society, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 1679-1688, 2018. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2018.19.9.1679
- J. Kim, "Research on the Current State of the Movie Poster and It's Impact on the Role of the Designer," Journal of Korea Design Forum, Vol. 29, pp. 67-77, 2010.
- Poster, https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=531534&cid=46660&categoryId=46660 (accessed December 20, 2019).
- J. Jin, "Content Analysis on the Content aspect and Visual Aspect of Korean and U.S Movie Posters," Journal of Korea Design Forum, Vol. 54, pp. 181-192, 2017.
- J. Hwang and S. Jang, "A Study on the Design of the Movie Posters in Korea with Chronological Approach," Journal of Communication Design, Vol. 8, pp. 31-47, 2001.
- Motion Poster, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moster_(motion_movie_poster) (accessed October 8, 2019).
- Bring Your Film Marketing To Life With a Motion Poster, https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/create-marketing-motion-poster/ (accessed October 8, 2019).
- Happy New Year: What is a Moster?, https://www.starkinsider.com/2014/08/happy-newyear-moster.html (accessed October 8, 2019).
- Geeknation's Mosters Bring a New Kind of Motion to Your Movie Poster, http://iconsoffright.com/2013/10/15/geeknations-mostersbring-a-new-kind-of-motion-to- your-movie-poster/ (accessed October 8, 2019).
- J.D. Bolter and R. Grusin, Remediation : Understanding New Media, MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1999.
- H. Song, "Exploratory Study of Applied Aesthetics in Vertical Video," The Treatise on the Plastic Media, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 202-210, 2018.
- Motion Poster, https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=motion%20poster (accessed October 8, 2019).
- Y. Kim, H. Kim, and C. Kim, "A Study on Aesthetic Impression of Cinemagraphs Expressed in Advertising Media," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 1129-1135, 2017. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2017.20.7.1129