- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Cascade-hybrid Recommendation Algorithm based on Collaborative Deep Learning Technique for Accuracy Improvement and Low Latency
- Lee, Hyun-ho (Department of Computer Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Lee, Won-jin (Research Institute of Information and Culture Technology, Dankook University) ;
- Lee, Jae-dong (Department of Software, Dankook University)
- Received : 2019.11.28
- Accepted : 2019.12.23
- Published : 2020.01.31
During the 4th Industrial Revolution, service platforms utilizing diverse contents are emerging, and research on recommended systems that can be customized to users to provide quality service is being conducted. hybrid recommendation systems that provide high accuracy recommendations are being researched in various domains, and various filtering techniques, machine learning, and deep learning are being applied to recommended systems. However, in a recommended service environment where data must be analyzed and processed real time, the accuracy of the recommendation is important, but the computational speed is also very important. Due to high level of model complexity, a hybrid recommendation system or a Deep Learning-based recommendation system takes a long time to calculate. In this paper, a Cascade-hybrid recommended algorithm is proposed that can reduce the computational time while maintaining the accuracy of the recommendation. The proposed algorithm was designed to reduce the complexity of the model and minimize the computational speed while processing sequentially, rather than using existing weights or using a hybrid recommendation technique handled in parallel. Therefore, through the algorithms in this paper, contents can be analyzed and recommended effectively and real time through services such as SNS environments or shared economy platforms.
Supported by : IITP(Institute for Information & Communications Technology Planning & Evaluation)
- J.L. Herlocker, J.A. Konstan, A.I. Borchers, and J. Riedl, "An Algorithmic Framework for Performaing Collaborative Filtering," Proceedings of the 22nd Annual International Association for Computing Machinery Special interest Group on Information Retrieval Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 230-237, 1999.
- V.M. Robin and M.V. Someren, "Using Content-based Filtering for Recommendation," Proceedings of the Machine Learning in the New Information Age: MLnet/ ECML2000 Workshop, pp. 47-56, 2000.
- A. Nguyen, N. Denos, and C. Berrut, "Improving New User Recommendations with Rulebased Induction on Cold User Data," Proceedings of the 2007 ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, pp. 121-128, 2007.
- X.N. Lam, T. Vu, T.D. Le, and A.D. Duong, "Addressing Cold Start Problem in Recommendation Systems," Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication. ACM, pp. 208-211, 2008.
- M. Nilashi, O.B. Ibrahim, and N. Ithnin, "Hybrid Recommendation Approaches for Multi-criteria Collaborative Filtering," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 41, Issue 8, pp. 3879-3900, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2013.12.023
- F. Ricci, L. Rokach, and B. Shapira, Introduction to Recommender Systems Handbook, Recommender Systems Handbook, Springer, Boston, 2011.
- A. Albadvi and M. Shahbazi, "A Hybrid Recommendation Technique based on Product Category Attributes," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 11480-11488, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.03.046
- Y.Y. Shih and D.R. Liu, "Hybrid Recommendation Approaches: Collaborative filtering via Valuable Content Information," Proceedings of the 38th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, IEEE, pp. 217b-217b, 2005.
- X. Wang and Y. Wang, "Improving Contentbased and Hybrid Music Recommendation using Deep Learning," Proceedings of the 22nd ACM International Conference on Multimedia. ACM, 2014.
- J.P. Lucas, N. Luz, M.N. Moreno, R. anacleto, A.A. Figueiredo, and C. Martins, "A Hybrid Recommendation Approach for a Tourism System," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 3532-3550. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2012.12.061
- R.D. Peng, R Programming for Data Science, Leanpub Publishers, British Columbia, Canada, 2015.
- W.N. Venables, D.M. Smith, and the R Core Team, An Introduction to R, Springer, New York, 1999.
- Description of MAE, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_absolute_error (accessed May 20, 2018).
- P.M. Swamidass, Encyclopedia of Production and Manufacturing Management, Springer Science and Business Media, New York, 2000.
- D.M. Hawkins, "The Problem of Over-Fitting," Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 44, pp. 1-12, 2004.
- H.H. Lee, W.J. Lee, and J.D. Lee, "An Intelligent Recommendation Service System for Offering Halal Food (IRSH) based on Dynamic Profiles," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 260-270, 2019. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2019.22.2.260