- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation and Analysis of VR Content Dementia Prevention Training based on Musculoskeletal Motion Tracking
근골격계 동작 추적 기반 VR 콘텐츠 치매 예방 훈련 평가 및 분석
- Lee, Min-Tae (RMIA, DongShin University) ;
- Youn, Jae-Hong (RMIA, DongShin University) ;
- Kim, Eun-Seok (Dept. of Digital Contents, DongShin University)
- Received : 2019.10.28
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2020.01.31
Recently, the increase in the elderly population due to an aging society has led to a relative increase in senile diseases such as vascular dementia or Alzheimer's disease, and the social burden for rehabilitation has increased. In addition, studies have been conducted for the risk assessment and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders. The purpose of this study is to suggest a system that can be used to help with dementia prevention training by tracking the movement of motion and virtual reality contents for the risk factors of musculoskeletal disorders of the elderly. We propose a training method for preventing dementia through musculoskeletal motion analysis algorithm and virtual reality content. Through motion recognition algorithm based on motion region design, we will track and analyze the moving radius of the target joint. The purpose of this study is to calculate and evaluate scores based on the time to accomplish the goals on virtual reality contents for the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders and the support of dementia prevention training, and the degree of difficulty, and to analyze the correlation between the results of performing K-MMSE and VR contents.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture, Forestry(IPET)
- M.J. Cho, "Notionwide Study on the Prevalence of Dementia in Korean Elders," Seoul National University Hospital, 2008. http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/jb/sjb030301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=03&MENU_ID=032902&CONT_SEQ=336571&page=1
- J.Y. Hong and J.W. Gu, "Medical Approach of Work‐Related Musculoskeletal Diseases," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 473-478, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.4.473
- I.S. Lee, "Effects of Viewing Angle on the Estimation of Joint Angles in the 2 Dimensional Plane," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 51-61, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2006.25.2.051
- Y.K. Kong, J.G. Han, and D.M. Kim, "Development of an Ergonomic Checklist for the Investigation of Work-related Lower Limb Disorders in Farming-ALLA: Agricultural Lower-limb Assessment," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 933-941, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.6.933
- K.S. Lee, K.W. Kim, H.S Choi, C.H. Kim, S.Y. Nam, K.M. Lee, et al., "Evaluation of Convenience Equipment for Improve Work Efficiency and Preventing of Farm Work‐Related Musculoskeletal Disorders," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 495-503, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.4.495
- M.C. Howard, "A Meta-analysis and Systematic Literature Review of Virtual Reality Rehabilitation Programs," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 70, No. 1, pp. 317-327, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.01.013
- A.S. Merians, H. Poizner, R. Boian, G. Burdea, and S. Adamovich, "Sensorimotor Training in A Virtual Reality Environment: Does It Improve Functional Recovery Poststroke," Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair , Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 252-267, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968306286914
- J.W. Jeong, H.T. Kim, and J.H. Park, "Effects of Dementia Experience Using Virtual Reality on Public Awareness and Attitude Toward Dementia Patients," Journal of the Human Computer Interaction Society of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 5-14, 2018.
- Y.K. Joung, L.Q. RI, and S.D. Noh, "A Study on the Automated Ergonomic Simulation Using Kinect," Proceeding of the Society of Cadcam Engineers, pp. 606-610, 2012.
- J.S. Kim, S.B. Han, S.G. Kim, and H.J Park, "Work Posture Analysis for Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders Using Kinect," Proceedings of the Conference, Society for Computational Design and Engineering, pp. 841-844, 2016.
- J.H. Youn, M.T. Lee, and E.S. Kim, "Virtual Reality-based Musculoskeletal Exercises and Dementia Prevention Training Methods Personalized for Farmers," Convergence Research Letter , Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1143-1146, 2018.
- J.H. Youn, M.T. Lee, and E.S. Kim, "Measurement Method of Musculoskeletal Health Status by the Motion Analysis on VR Contents Based Agricultural Work," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 1481-1492, 2018.
- H.J. Choi and S.J. Lee, "Development Direction of Health Promotion Programs to Prevent Korean Elderly Dementia," The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 329-337, 2016.
- H.S. Chae, K.W. Yoon, K.D Min, K.S Lee, and H.C. Kim, "Exposure Levels of Risk Factors Related to Musculoskeletal Disorders for Farmers," Ergonomics Society of Korea, Proceedings of the Autumn Conference, pp. 253-257, 2012.