- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Improving Image Fingerprint Matching Accuracy Based on a Power Mask
파워마스크를 이용한 영상 핑거프린트 정합 성능 개선
- Seo, Jin Soo (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2019.09.24
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2020.01.31
For a reliable fingerprinting system, improving fingerprint matching accuracy is crucial. In this paper, we try to improve a binary image fingerprint matching performance by utilizing auxiliary information, power mask, which is obtained while constructing fingerprint DB. The power mask is an expected robustness of each fingerprint bit. A caveat of the power mask is the increased storage cost of the fingerprint DB. This paper mitigates the problem by reducing the size of the power mask utilizing spatial correlation of an image. Experiments on a publicly-available image dataset confirmed that the power mask is effective in improving fingerprint matching accuracy.
- J. Seo, T. Kalker, J. Haitsma, and C. Yoo, "A Robust Image Fingerprinting System Using the Radon Transform," Signal Processing: Image Communication, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 325-339, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.image.2003.12.001
- X. Nie, X. Li, Y. Chai, C. Cui, X. Xi, Y. Yin, et. al., "Robust Image Fingerprinting Based on Feature Point Relationship Mining," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1509-1523, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIFS.2018.2790953
- M. Kim, M. Park, and H. Kim, "Automatic Music Summarization Method by Using the Bit Error Rate of the Audio Fingerprint and a System Thereof," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 453-463, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.4.453
- R. Venkatesan, S.M. Koon, M.H. Jakubowski, and P. Moulin, "Robust Image Hashing," Proceeding of International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 664-666, 2000.
- Y. Li and L. Guo, "Robust Image Fingerprinting via Distortion-resistant Sparse Coding," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 140-144, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2017.2777881
- Z. Tang, L. Chen, X. Zhang, and S. Zhang, "Robust Image Hashing with Tensor Decomposition," IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 549-560, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2018.2837745
- B. Coover and J. Han, "A Power Mask Based Audio Fingerprint," Proceeding of International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 1394-1398, 2014.
- J. Seo, "An Asymmetric Matching Method for a Robust Binary Audio Fingerprinting," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 844-847, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2014.2310237
- J. Seo, "Perceptual Bound-based Asymmetric Image Hash Matching Method," J ournal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 20, No. 10, pp. 1619-1627, 2017.
- A. Varna, A. Swaminathan, and M. Wu, "A Decision Theoretic Framework for Analyzing Binary Hash-based Content Identification Systems," Proceeding of ACM Workshop on Digital Rights Management, pp. 67-76, 2008.
- S. Mallat, "A Theory for Multiresolution Signal Decomposition: the Wavelet Representation," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 11, No. 7, pp. 674-693, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.192463