- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering Analysis with Deep Convolutional Autoencoders
합성곱 오토인코더 기반의 응집형 계층적 군집 분석
- Park, Nojin (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Ko, Hanseok (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2019.11.12
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2020.01.31
Clustering methods essentially take a two-step approach; extracting feature vectors for dimensionality reduction and then employing clustering algorithm on the extracted feature vectors. However, for clustering images, the traditional clustering methods such as stacked auto-encoder based k-means are not effective since they tend to ignore the local information. In this paper, we propose a method first to effectively reduce data dimensionality using convolutional auto-encoder to capture and reflect the local information and then to accurately cluster similar data samples by using a hierarchical clustering approach. The experimental results confirm that the clustering results are improved by using the proposed model in terms of clustering accuracy and normalized mutual information.
Supported by : Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI)
- S.H. Kim, J.K. Choi, J.S. Kim, A.R. Jang, J.H. Lee, K.J. Cha, et al., "Animal Infectious Diseases Prevention through Big Data and Deep Learning," Journal of Intelligence and Information System, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 137-154, 2018. https://doi.org/10.13088/JIIS.2018.24.4.137
- M.N. Hwang and S.W. Lee, "Socio-national Issues Detection Modeling based on Domain Knowledge-focusing on the Issue of Increase in Domestic Inflow Infectious Diseases," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp. 158-168, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.12.158
- C. Song, F. Liu, Y. Huang, L. Wang, and T. Tan, "Auto-encoder Based Data Clustering," Proceeding of Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition, pp. 117-124, 2013.
- J. Xie, R. Girshick, and A. Farhadi, "Unsupervised Deep Embedding for Clustering Analysis," Proceeding of International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 478-487, 2016.
- F. Nie, Z. Zeng, I.W. Tsang, D. Xu, and C. Zhang, "Spectral Embedded Clustering: A Framework for In-sample and Out-of-sample Spectral Clustering," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 22, No. 11, pp. 1796-1808, 2011 https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2011.2162000
- X. Peng, J. Feng, J. Lu, W.Y. Yau, and Z. Yi, "Cascade Subspace Clustering," Proceeding of Thirty-First Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 2478-2484, 2017.
- X. Peng, S. Xiao, J. Feng, W.Y. Yau, and Z. Yi, "Deep Subspace Clustering with Sparsity Prior," Proceeding of International J oint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1925-1931, 2016.
- H.J. Lee, "Performance Improvement of Deep Clustering Networks for Multi Dimensional Data," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 21, No. 8, pp. 952-959, 2018 https://doi.org/10.9717/KMMS.2018.21.8.952
- X. Guo, X. Liu, E. Zhu, and J. Yin, "Deep Clustering with Convolutional Autoencoders," Proceeding of International Conference on Neural Information Processing, pp. 373-382, 2017.
- L.V.D. Maaten and G. Hinton, "Visualizing Data Using Accelerating t-SNE Using Tree-Based Algorithms," Journal of Machine Learning Research, Vol. 9, pp. 2579-2605, 2008.