- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Video Compression Pre-processing Method for Video Transmission and Target Detection in Ultra-narrowband Environment
초협대역 환경에서 영상전송 및 표적탐지를 위한 영상압축 전처리 방법에 대한 연구
- Im, Byungwook (Tactical Radio & Future Soldier System, LIG Nex1) ;
- Baek, Seungho (Tactical Radio & Future Soldier System, LIG Nex1) ;
- Jun, Kinam (Tactical Radio & Future Soldier System, LIG Nex1) ;
- Kim, Dokyoung (Tactical Radio & Future Soldier System, LIG Nex1) ;
- Jung, Juhyun (The 2nd Research and Development Institute, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Kim, Daesik (The 2nd Research and Development Institute, Agency for Defense Development)
- 임병욱 (LIG넥스원(주) C4I 연구소) ;
- 백승호 (LIG넥스원(주) C4I 연구소) ;
- 전기남 (LIG넥스원(주) C4I 연구소) ;
- 김도경 (LIG넥스원(주) C4I 연구소) ;
- 정주현 (국방과학연구소 제2기술연구본부) ;
- 김대식 (국방과학연구소 제2기술연구본부)
- Received : 2019.09.26
- Accepted : 2020.01.29
- Published : 2020.02.05
Due to the continued demand for high-definition video, video compression technology is steadily developing and the High Efficiency Video Coding standard was established in 2013. However, despite the development of this compression technology, it is very difficult to smoothly transmit VGA-level videos in Ultra-narrowband environments. In this paper, the target information preprocessing algorithm is presented for smooth transmission of target images moving in forest or open-terrain in Ultra-narrowband environment. In addition, for algorithm verification, the target information preprocessing algorithm was simulated and the simulated results were compared with the video compression result without the algorithm being applied.
Grant : 초협대역 고효율 영상압축 기술 개발
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- G. J. Sullivan, J.-R. Ohm, W.-J. Han, T. Wiegand, "Overview of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technology, Vol. 22, pp. 1648-1667, Dec. 2012.
- E. A. Ayele, S. B. Dhok, “RevReview of Proposed High Efficiency Video Coding(HEVC) Standard,” International Journal of Computer Application, Vol. 59, No. 15, pp. 1-9, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5120/9621-4265
- J. R. Ohm, G. J. Sullivan, H. Schwarz, T. K. Tan, and T. Wiegand, “Comparison of the Coding Efficiency of Video Coding Standards: Including High Efficiency Video Coding(HEVC),” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 1669-1684, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2012.2221192
- R. Sjöberg, Y. Chen, A. Fujibayashi, M. M. Hannuksela, J. Samuelsson, T. K. Tan, Y. K. Wang, and S. Wenger, “Overview of HEVC High- Level Syntax and Reference Picture Management,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 1858-1870, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2012.2223052
- I. E. Richardson, "The H.264 Advanced Video Compression Standard," Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- Ohm J. R, Sullivan G. J, Schwarz H, Tan T. K, and Wiegand T, “Comparison of the Coding Efficiency of Video Coding Standards-Including High Efficiency Video Coding(HEVC),” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 1669-1684, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2012.2221192
- Jallouli S, Zouari S, Masmoudi A, Puech W, and Masmoudi N, "A Preprocessing Technique for Improving the Compression Performance of JPEG 2000 for Images With Sparse or Locally Sparse Histograms," European Signal Processing Conference, pp. 1962-1966, 2017.
- D. Marpe, T. Wiegand, and G. J. Sullivan, “The H.264/MPEG4 Advanced Video Coding Standard and its Applications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 44, No. 8, pp. 134-143, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2006.1678121
- Lain E. G. Richardson, "H.264 and MPEG-4 Video Compression," Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- L. Itti and C. Koch, "A Saliency-Based Search Mechanism for Overt and Covert Shifts of Visual Attention," Vision Research, 40(10-12):1489-1506, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0042-6989(99)00163-7
- X. Hou and L. Zhang, "Saliency Detection: A Spectral Residual Approach," Proc IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1-8, 2007.
- Otsu. N, “A Threshold Selection Method from Gray-Level Histograms,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-9, No. 1, pp. 62-66, 1979.
- Bhargava. N, Kumawat. A, and Bhargava. R, "Threshold and Binarization for Document Image Analysis using Otsu's Algorithm," International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology, Vol. 17, pp. 272-275, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V17P150
- Balarini, J. P. and Nesmachnow, S, "A C++ Implementation of Otsu's Image Segmentation Method," Image Processing On Line 6, pp. 155-164, 2016.