- Volume 16 Issue 1
Internet of Things is growing rapidly. As it evolves, the amount of data is increasing significantly. It requires a new personalized information retrieval method. Internet of Things is defined as uniquely identifiable interoperable connected object. The first definition of Internet of Things was from Things oriented perspective. However, previous studies about personalized information retrieval method do not consider Things. To meet user's individual needs, previous studies concentrate on only human, not Things. In this paper, we propose a personalized information retrieval method considering participating device in Internet of Things. It provides personalized information using data type preference for each device. Moreover, it provides personalized results by integrating data type preference for set of devices. This paper describes a new personalized retrieval method and algorithm. It consists of five steps. Then, it presents four scenarios using proposed method. The scenarios show our work is more effective and efficient than existing one.
Supported by : 경기대학교
- 정민의.유성진, "4차 산업혁명 시대의 사물인터넷 산업 발전전략에 관한 연구: 기업측면의 비즈니스 모델혁신 방향을 중심으로," 한국지능정보시스템학회지능정보연구지능정보연구, 제25권, 제2호, 2019, pp.57-75.
- 서두옥.이동호, "사물인터넷 환경에서 CoAP 기반의 저전력, 신뢰성 향상을 위한 경량 프로토콜," 디지털산업정보학회 논문지, 제15권, 제1호, 2019, pp.21-28.
- 김성림.권준희, "사물인터넷에서 소셜 네트워크 사용자 친밀도를 이용한 점진적 검색 기법," 디지털산업정보학회 논문지, 제14권, 제3호, 2018, pp.1-10.
- Christopher D. Manning, Prabhakar Raghavan and Hinrich Schutze, Introduction to Information Retrieval, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Himani Arya, Jaytrilok Choudhary and Deepak Singh Tomar, "A Survey on Techniques for Personalization of Web Search," International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol.94, No.18, 2014, pp.36-41. https://doi.org/10.5120/16462-6192
- Luigi Atzoria, Antonio Ierab and Giacomo Morabitoc, "The Internet of Things: A survey," Computer Networks, Vol.54, No.15, 2010, pp.2787-2805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2010.05.010
- Lu Tan and Neng Wang, "Future internet: The Internet of Things," Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering, 2010, pp.V5-376-V5-380. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICACTE.2010.5579543.
- Mouzhi Ge, Hind Bangui and Barbora Buhnova, "Big Data for Internet of Things: A Survey," Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol.87, 2018, pp.601-614. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2018.04.053
- Yujia Zhou, Zhicheng Dou and Ji-Rong Wen, "Enhancing Re-finding Behavior with External Memories for Personalized Search," Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, 2020, pp.789-797.
- Liu, J., Liu, C. and Belkin, N. J. "Personalization in text information retrieval: A survey," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Vol.5, No.3, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.24234.
- Bennett, P., White, R. W., Chu, W., Dumais, S.T., Bailey, P., Borisyuk, F. and Cui, X. "Modeling the impact of short- and long-term behavior on search personalization," Proceedings of 35th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 2012, pp.185-194.
- Eickhoff, C., Collins-Thompson, K., Bennett, P.N. and Dumais, S. "Personalizing atypical web search sessions," Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, 2013, pp.285-294.
- Bai, J., Nie, J.-Y., Bouchard, H. and Cao, G. "Using query contexts in information retrieval," Proceedings of the 30th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 2017, pp.15-22.
- Cai, F. and de Rijke, M. "Selectively personalizing query auto-completion," Proceedings of 39th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 2016, pp.993-996.
- Shen, X., Tan, B. and Zhai, C., "Context-sensitive information retrieval using implicit feedback," Proceedings of 28th Annual ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 2005, pp.43-50.
- Lv, Y., Sun. L., Zhang, J., Nie, J.-Y., Chen, W. and Zhang, W., "An interactive implicit feedback approach to personalized search," Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Computational Linguistics and 44th Annual Meeting of the ACL, 2006, pp.585-592.
- Ahu Sieg, Bamshad Mobasher and Robin Burke, "Web search personalization with ontological user profiles," Proceedings of the sixteenth ACM conference on Conference on information and knowledge management, 2007, pp.525-534.