- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Semi-Supervised Learning Based Anomaly Detection for License Plate OCR in Real Time Video
- Kim, Bada (Department of Computer Engineering, Hansung University) ;
- Heo, Junyoung (Department of Computer Engineering, Hansung University)
- Received : 2020.01.21
- Accepted : 2020.01.30
- Published : 2020.03.31
Recently, the license plate OCR system has been commercialized in a variety of fields and preferred utilizing low-cost embedded systems using only cameras. This system has a high recognition rate of about 98% or more for the environments such as parking lots where non-vehicle is restricted; however, the environments where non-vehicle objects are not restricted, the recognition rate is about 50% to 70%. This low performance is due to the changes in the environment by non-vehicle objects in real-time situations that occur anomaly data which is similar to the license plates. In this paper, we implement the appropriate anomaly detection based on semi-supervised learning for the license plate OCR system in the real-time environment where the appearance of non-vehicle objects is not restricted. In the experiment, we compare systems which anomaly detection is not implemented in the preceding research with the proposed system in this paper. As a result, the systems which anomaly detection is not implemented had a recognition rate of 77%; however, the systems with the semi-supervised learning based on anomaly detection had 88% of recognition rate. Using the techniques of anomaly detection based on the semi-supervised learning was effective in detecting anomaly data and it was helpful to improve the recognition rate of real-time situations.
Supported by : Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement(KAIA)
- Cho, Wooyeong, et al., "A Comparative Study on OCR using Super-Resolution for Small Fonts," International journal of advanced smart convergence, Vol. 8, No.3, pp. 95-101, Oct 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2019.8.3.95 https://doi.org/10.7236/ijasc.2019.8.3.95
- Zhong, Z., Jin, L., and Xie, Z., "High performance offline handwritten chinese character recognition using googlenet and directional feature maps," International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR), IEEE, pp.846-850, Aug 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDAR.2015.7333881
- Lee, S., Son, K., Kim, H., and Park, J, "Car plate recognition based on CNN using embedded system with GPU," In 2017 10th International Conference on Human System Interactions (HSI), pp. 239-241, Jul 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/HSI.2017.8005037
- ETRI, Purpose and Necessity of Technology Transfer. https://itec.etri.re.kr/itec/sub02/sub02_01_1.do?t_id=7101- 2018-01492.
- Lopresti, D, “Optical character recognition errors and their effects on natural language processing,” International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR), Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 141-151, Sep 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10032-009-0094-8 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10032-009-0094-8
- Sonavane, Kiran, Badal Soni, and Umakanta Majhi. "Survey on Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANR)," International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 125, No.6, Sep 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2015905920
- Jung-Hwan Kim and Joon-Hong Lim, “License Plate Detection and Recognition Algorithm using Deep Learning,” The Journal of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 642-651, June 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7471/ikeee.2019.23.2.642
- Ahmed, Mohiuddin, Abdun Naser Mahmood, and Jiankun Hu. "A survey of network anomaly detection techniques," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 60, pp. 19-31, Jan 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2015.11.016 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2015.11.016
- Park, Chang-Mok. "Dam Sensor Outlier Detection using Mixed Prediction Model and Supervised Learning." International journal of advanced smart convergence, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 24-32, Mar 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2018.7.1.4 https://doi.org/10.7236/IJASC.2018.7.1.4
- Gornitz, Nico, et al. "Toward supervised anomaly detection," Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Vol. 46, pp. 235-262, Feb 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1613/jair.3623 https://doi.org/10.1613/jair.3623
- Haeusser, P., Mordvintsev, A., & Cremers, D, "Learning by Association-A Versatile Semi-Supervised Training Method for Neural Networks," In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 89-98, Jul 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2017.74
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Notice on the Standard of Registration Number Plate. http://www.law.go.kr/admRulLsInfoP.do?admRulSeq=2100000176243.
- Iandola, Forrest N., et al. "SqueezeNet: AlexNet-level accuracy with 50x fewer parameters and< 0.5 MB model size," arXiv preprint arXiv:1602.07360, Feb 2016. arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1602.07360
- Jang, Eric, Shixiang Gu, and Ben Poole. "Categorical reparameterization with gumbel-softmax," arXiv preprint arXiv:1611.01144, Nov 2016. arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.01144