- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Digital Cultural Capital and Social Connectedness on the Intention to Participate in Sharing Economy
- Bok, Mi-Jung (Dept. of Service Management, Kwangju Women's University)
- Received : 2019.11.11
- Accepted : 2020.02.25
- Published : 2020.03.31
The purpose of this study is to examine the relationship between intention to participation in sharing economy, digital cultural capital, and social connectedness and then analyze the variables affecting the intention to participate in sharing economy. This subjects were university students. Collected data were statistically processed by PASW 18.0 program using reliability, frequency analysis, T-test, one-way ANOVA, correlation and multiple regression analysis. The results were as follows. First, redistribution participation and cooperative lifestyle participation were relatively high. Second, intention to participate in sharing economy activities differs according to gender, age, monthly allowance, and SNS usage time. Third, intention to redistribution participation increases as the recognition of objectified digital culture capital, embodied digital culture capital, and social connectedness increases. And the intention to cooperative lifestyles participation and information sharing participation increased as digital culture capital increased. Forth, the most significant variable affecting the intention to participate in sharing economic activities was digital cultural capital.
- Hankyung.com Dictionary, http://dic.hankyung.com/apps/economy.view?seq=11072
- Cho, Y. S., and Jeong, Y. G., "An Empirical Study on Intention of the Sharing Economy Services", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 19, No 3, pp. 183-196, 2019.
- Cho, E. J., and Suh, S. H., "A Study on the Factors Affecting the Intention to Use of Sharing Economic Services", Korea Technology Innovation Society, pp. 217-246, May 2018.
- Kim, N. Y., and Lee, T. M., "The Effects of Perceived Value on Sharing Consumption Intention: Focused on the Comparison of Sharing Goods and Services", The e-Business Studies, Vol. 19, No 6, pp. 37-54, 2018.
- Lee, Y. J., and Yoon, J. H., "An Exploratory Study on Factors Affecting the Behavioral Intentions of Potential Users of the Sharing Economy: An Application of the Extended Model of Goal-Directed Behavior", Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 41, No 5, pp. 109-127, 2017.
- Choi, K. S., and Park, M. S., "The Classification of Consumer Based on Providing Intention and Using Intention of Collaborative Consumption(CC) and Analysis of Predictive Factors on the Sharing Economy", Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, Vol. 49, No 3, pp. 61-86, 2018.
- Shim, S. J., "An Exploratory Study on Factors Affecting Intention to Use of Sharing Economy Services", The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 16, No 4, pp. 163-183, 2016.
- Choi, Y., and Lee, J. K., "Effect of Digital Cultural Capital on the Perception of Sharing Economy", Korean Journal of Communication Studies, Vol. 21, No 1, pp. 89-110, 2013.
- Ju, D., "Understanding about the Relationship between Sharing Economy and Social Capital: Focusing on the Consumption Experience and Consumption Intentions of the Sharing Accommodation", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 31, No 4, pp. 23-40, 2016.
- Choi, S. S., You, G. J., and Kown, Y. J., "The Effects of CSR Activities of Starbucks Corporate on Reputation, Social Connectedness, and Customers Purchasing Intention", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 23, No 2, pp. 97-116, 2011.
- Hwang, H. J., "Effects of Traveller's Perception to the Corporate Sustainability Management on the Corporate Image of Airline: Focused on the Mediating, Variable of Social Connectedness and Corporate Trust", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol. 25, No 1, pp. 207-229, 2013.