- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Cycling of Matters in the Constructed Wetland
인공습지에서의 물질순환에 관한 연구
- Kim, Dong-Oug (Department of Environment Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Park, Je-Chul (Department of Environment Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2020.03.03
- Accepted : 2020.03.18
- Published : 2020.03.31
This study analyzed the changes in the concentrations of the pollutants of constructed treatment wetlands which come from the discharge water of a sewage treatment plant. According to the results of budgets in constructed wetlands, the net production of the organic carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus were 368 kgC/month, 306 kgN/month and -49 kgP/month, respectively. The high particle form of pollutants are mostly removed due to settlement and absorption when passing through wetlands, but because a low processing efficiency for pollutants was shown when sewage treatment plant wastewater flows in, there is a need for a water management system that can reduce the organic matter load through monitoring. The low removal efficiency of constructed wetlands were caused by both structural and operational problems. Therefore, to enable to play a role as a reduction facility of pollutants, an appropriate design and operation manuals for constructed wetlands is urgently needed.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Bachand, P. A. M., Horne, A. J., 1999, Denitrification in constructed free-water surface wetlands: II. Effects of vegetation and temperature, Ecol. Eng., 14, 17-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8574(99)00017-8
- Choi, K. S., Kim, S. W., Kim, D. S., Lee, Y. S., 2014, Operating status and improvement plants of ten wetlands constructed in Dam reservoirs in Korea, J. of Wetlands Res., 16(3), 431-440. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2014.16.3.431
- Corbitt, R. A., Bowen, P. T., 1994, Constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment, in applied wetland science and technology, Publishers Lewis, 221-241.
- EPA, 2000, Design Manual: Constructed wetlands treatment of municipal wastewater, EPA 625/R-99/010, Cinciati, Ohio, 12-20.
- Greenway, M., 2007, The role of macrophytes in nutrient removal using constructed wetlands, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 331-351.
- Hsu, C. B., Hsieh, H. L., Yang, L., Wu, S. H., Chang, J. S., Hsiao, S. C., Su, H. C., Yeh, C. H., Ho, Y. S., Lin, H. J., 2011, Biodiversity of constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment, Ecol. Eng., 37, 1533-1545. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2011.06.002
- Hsueh, M. L., Yang, L., Hsieh, L. Y., Lin, H. J., 2014, Nitrogen removal along the treatment cells of a free-water surface constructed wetland in subtropical Taiwan, Ecol. Eng., 73, 579-587. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2014.09.100
- Horne, A. J., Goldman, C. R., 1994, Limnology, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 115-132.
- Joe, K. S., Seong, J. W., Park, J. C., 2011, Setting velocity of suspended material in Nakdong river, J. of Environ. Sci. International, 20(12), 1533-1540. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.12.1533
- Jou, C. J., Lee, C. L., Fu, Y. T. V., Kao, C. M., 2012, Simulation of a long narrow type constructed wetland using the stream model QUAL2K, Sustain. Environ. Res., 22 (4), 255-260.
- Kadlec, R. H., Wallace, S. D., 2008, Treatment Wetlands, 2nd ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL., 20-185.
- Kang, C. G., Marla, C. M., Son, Y. G., Kim, L. H., 2010, Analysisof water purification in the FWS wetland for agriculture area, J. of Wetlands Res., 12(3), 39-47.
- Lee, S. P., Park, J. C., 2017, Management of organc matters by constructed treatment wetlands during rainfall events, J. of Environ. Sci. International, 26(2), 147-157. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2017.26.2.147
- Mitsch, W. J., Gosselink, J. G., 2000, Wetlands, 3rd ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 15-125.
- Mitsch, W. J., Jogensen, S. E., 2003, Ecological engineering and ecosystem restoration, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ., 256-285.
- Ministry of Environment (MOE), 2008, http://www.me.go.kr
- Ministry of Environment (MOE), 2011, http://www.me.go.kr
- National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER), 2006, Research of water quality model parameters in Gum river aquatic ecosystem
- National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER), 2009, Cycling of matter and energy flow in aquatic ecosystem
- Nichols, D. S., 1983, Capacity of natural wetlands to remove nutrient from wastewater, J. Wat. pollut. Control Fed., 55, 495-505.
- Park, K. S., Niu, S. P., Kim, Y. C., 2013, Reduction efficiency of the stormwater wetland from animal Feeding-Lot, J. of Wetlands Res., 15(1), 79-90. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2013.15.1.079
- Park, S. K., 2015, Change of pollutants concentration in purification constructed wetlands during rainfall, MS. D. Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Gyeongbuk, Korea.
- Poacha, M. E., Hunta, P. G., Reedyb, G. B., Stonea, K. C., Johnsona, M. H., Grubbab, A., 2004, Swine wastewater treatment by marsh-pond-marsh constructed wetlans under varying nitrogen loads, Ecol. Eng., 23, 165-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2004.09.001
- Reddy, K. R., DeBusk, T. A., 1987, State-of-the-art utilization of aquatic plants in water pollution control, Water Sci. Technol., 19(10), 61-79.
- Zhang, C. B., Wang, J., Liu, W. L., Zhu, S. X., Ge, H. L., Chang, S. X., Chang, J., Ge, Y., 2010, Effects of plant diversity on microbial biomass and community metabolic profiles in a full-scale constructed wetland, Ecol. Eng., 36, 62-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2009.09.010